Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

4 minutes ago, JM7 said:

I’m just saying it was a poor debut. Seemed to be bullied off the ball a lot. Of course we’ll give him time!

Well I think that it was a decent debut overall. Yes he made one very poor pass but otherwise he was pretty decent considering that our formation wasn't the best.

Played out of position and doesn't seem to work in whatever our tactical approach was. We need to play to the strengths of these talented players we bought not play a tactical approach to fit certain players in because they are your favourite.

Kid will be a star with the proper coaching

I remember people losing their sh*t when we sign Pulisic saying what a waste of money blah blah blah.....

Edited by Brutos
28 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Played out of position and doesn't seem to work in whatever our tactical approach was. We need to play to the strengths of these talented players we bought not play a tactical approach to fit certain players in because they are your favourite.

Kid will be a star with the proper coaching

I remember people losing their sh*t when we sign Pulisic saying what a waste of money blah blah blah.....

LOL Pulisic was a flop for months and the narrative was "we've got a player in CHO who's already better, what a waste of money", now it's the complete opposite, CHO is average and overrated and Pulisic is our best player. 

It's pure fickleness that's it. Havertz had a sh*t debut but so what, it was a sh*t game and he was playing out of position. But I completely agree with your first two sentences, I think I know who that is about. 

The only positive thing from him was his drive back when he lost the ball and tracked back to win it in the same attack.

I think Lampard shouldn't start him, he trains only one week with the team and it was hard for him to show anything. From my point he is not a winger, or maybe he will prove something different against Liverpool.

Debut to forget but it's understandable, let's hope for a better games.

Lampard should definitely start him but in his actual position. 

He tries to experiment too much and got extremely lucky. We have a good squad perfect set up for the 4231 formation. We have 4 midfielders who can play in the two. 

Havertz MUST be played in the central position behind the striker. None of this putting him out wide when we have CHO. What sort of message is this to CHO also? Playing two central attacking midfielders wide instead of giving him a chance. 

One game in and Frank got extremely lucky. A mistake learned though and no harm done. Experiment over and time to be positive and move on. 

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Played out of position and doesn't seem to work in whatever our tactical approach was.

Played half his games last season on the right wing, it's not a role that is completely foriegn to him. He had 11 goal contributions (6 goals, 5 assists) from playing that position last season compared to 7 goal contributions (4 goals, 3 assists) in 25 games playing as an attacking midfielder. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kai-havertz/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/309400/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=  

Part of the reason he's been bought in is his versitility and it's somehting Lampard highlighted following his signing. 

It was just a poor performance, there's nothing wrong with that. Not every player can be expected to hit the ground running after such a strange pre-season but at the same time let's not pretend players have played well when they haven't. 

Played out on the wing in a game we had less possession which was unheard of last season even against the top teams, midfield was disjointed couldn’t pass between the lines, to ask a guy not at full fitness in a new league on his debut to dominate the game is a bit unrealistic, he is a German international, his stats are top notch he is rated by everyone who has any insight....let’s just hang back a bit on the Debby downer outlook. 

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Well I think that it was a decent debut overall. Yes he made one very poor pass but otherwise he was pretty decent considering that our formation wasn't the best.

Name one thing he did that was decent other than track back after giving the ball away? No one is holding it against him but its silly to pretend he had a decent game. 

People keep saying he was played out of position when he has played RW before. The issue last night was that we were stuck in our own half majority of the game until Barkley came on and saw Havertz link up with Reece in the final 3rd. RLC couldn't do anything right and Havertz suffered from it imo. If you want to see the best of Havertz then you need players like Kovacic who are able to progress the ball upfield. We could barely string an attack together. 

Also not a fan of Mount playing on the wing. Lampard needs to stop doing this. He takes too long to cross and isn't able to take on defenders 1v1 like Pulisic/CHO. 

Edited by zes
35 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Played half his games last season on the right wing, it's not a role that is completely foriegn to him. He had 11 goal contributions (6 goals, 5 assists) from playing that position last season compared to 7 goal contributions (4 goals, 3 assists) in 25 games playing as an attacking midfielder. 

His position is AM, he played elsewhere when needed. You ask any German football fan who has watched him play, he excels as an AM, Chelsea did not pay so much money to stick him out on the wing. 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kai-havertz/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/309400/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=  

Part of the reason he's been bought in is his versitility and it's somehting Lampard highlighted following his signing. 

It was just a poor performance, there's nothing wrong with that. Not every player can be expected to hit the ground running after such a strange pre-season but at the same time let's not pretend players have played well when they haven't. 

Its just another pathetic attempt by brutos to show how terrible a manger Lampard is, he still hasn't got over his bestest mate Sarri leaving unfortunately. 

What makes it worse is he didnt actually play out wide on the right wing the whole time now did he, people really need to get away from this set position thing, just because they stand there at kick off and sky show him playing there it doesnt mean they stay in that place all the time.

dataimagepngbase64iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUg

Edited by dkw
58 minutes ago, zes said:

People keep saying he was played out of position when he has played RW before. The issue last night was that we were stuck in our own half majority of the game until Barkley came on and saw Havertz link up with Reece in the final 3rd. RLC couldn't do anything right and Havertz suffered from it imo. If you want to see the best of Havertz then you need players like Kovacic who are able to progress the ball upfield. We could barely string an attack together. 

Also not a fan of Mount playing on the wing. Lampard needs to stop doing this. He takes too long to cross and isn't able to take on defenders 1v1 like Pulisic/CHO. 

Yes he has played RW, but in a 4-2-3-1. Like someone pointed out Lamps was trying to mirror Leipzig’s formation with 2 up top, but they were actually playing a 4-3-1-2 with a 10.

It was wild and weird playing a 4-2-2-2, and I reckon he would have been better off partnering Werner with Havertz up top. Fingers crossed that is the last we see of the 4-2-2-2.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I wouldn’t blame the debut on Havertz, it’s also Lampard’s fault. He could have decided to ease Havertz in and put him on for 20 minutes instead of starting.

Starting after a week training, fully understandable.

I agree,he should have brought him on in the second half,he has had no time to start geling with his team mates,and if we had lost the game it would have started to put pressure on him with having a slightly poor game.

Edited by Bluesince66
spelling mistake
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Name one thing he did that was decent other than track back after giving the ball away? No one is holding it against him but its silly to pretend he had a decent game. 

Good passes in the final third, good runs and cutting in the box. Mount, James and Alonso didn't put in a good cross but his passes were well timed and his runs as well but nobody played him, I think Werner decided to shoot in 2-3 occasions.

New country, new teammates, high expectations and pressure due to the transfer price and Frank prioritized his favorite buddies RLC, Barkley and Mount and sent him on the wing - the toughest position for a new player to make a debut. If someone is to blame for that performance, it's Lampard.