Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

I really have my doubts bout this lad, sure he looks ok on the ball, and his laconic way is worrying, the premier league is like a cross between Essien/Lamps with a dash of Joe cole, he\ll get bullied by big ol defenders and meaty Midfielders because he looks quite lightweight, the comparison with Ballack is nowhere near, he was a beast, looks perfect for PSG, but so far 6.5/10

P.S I do want him to succeed, he seems very likeable, and talented.

16 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I really have my doubts bout this lad, sure he looks ok on the ball, and his laconic way is worrying, the premier league is like a cross between Essien/Lamps with a dash of Joe cole, he\ll get bullied by big ol defenders and meaty Midfielders because he looks quite lightweight, the comparison with Ballack is nowhere near, he was a beast, looks perfect for PSG, but so far 6.5/10

P.S I do want him to succeed, he seems very likeable, and talented.

We are, what...4 matches (in 2 competitions) into the season? Give a young lad new to English football  time to learn and to adapt.

Edited by Valerie
14 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

the premier league is like a cross between Essien/Lamps with a dash of Joe cole, he\ll get bullied by big ol defenders and meaty Midfielders because he looks quite lightweight

I get that the guy isn’t popular, but haven’t Pep Guardiola disproven this? Over 100 points, 99 points, Liverpool getting an injury prone Thiago who can maybe play 35 games for them a season (and he’s worth it, even if he’s small and not athletic). Just because Havertz won’t be called the bison, or weigh 85 plus kilos or run box to box like Colin Bell doesn’t mean that he won’t be a success. Football has changed, and in my opinion for the better. Premier League has lagged behind in Europe for almost a decade, and the fact that we’ve started to turn a corner is because of the influx of European talent into the league again.

Havertz is from the top drawer. In basketball you have players called an unicorn. Someone who has a catalogue of abilities that doesn’t make sense. Havertz is lightning fast, has a silky touch, top spatial awareness and a vast array of passes in his locker. And he’s 1.90 meters tall. That’s a unicorn. In my opinion he’s as surefire as Hazard was for success, and the only thing stopping him is injuries.

He is miles better than his first appearance. He's a very quick learner, just a few games ago he took 1-2 touches or seconds before looking up and releasing the ball but in this game it was as if he already knows what to do before the ball gets to him.

He now wins aerial balls and even has the know how of when to tactical foul to delay counters.

On 30/09/2020 at 16:20, Ballack & Blu said:

I've watched enough football to have a nagging doubt on initial viewings, and of course he is new, but i didn't think he tore it up in the Bundesliga, but he's got lots of time to impress an old cynic like me.

And he Impressed greatly, reminded me of a Zidane style of play.

We just need to get him linking up with the other attacking players. He did this quite well with Tammy in one game. He seems to have extremely good close control and passing technique. 

His main attribute seems to be his quick thinking. His quick one touch passing must be instinctive as there's no way that can be taught. If Frank can get him laying off lightning quick passes to the other attacking players around the edge of the box we will score loads. In fairness we are already scoring lots of goals anyway. 

He definitely seems to be a player that will bring other players into the game. He's a team player who isn't afraid to tackle either. At the moment he is going under the radar of the media but I think he will come strong and will probably become our key player. Frank just needs to find a way to integrate his skills into our play. 

Surely its just a matter of time.

Can't wait!

COYB!