Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

I love his movement off the ball when we are in possession, he often occupies pockets of space in between the defensive and midfield lines of the opposition. I think as a result Jorginho really benefits as with Kai and Silva in the team he always has options available to transition the ball all around the pitch. I think with the other midfield options the movement isn't quite there as they are more rigid in their off the ball movement whereas Kai appears to be a lot more dynamic off the ball and is confident enough to receive the ball in tight spaces.

5 hours ago, Andy North said:

We just need to get him linking up with the other attacking players. He did this quite well with Tammy in one game. He seems to have extremely good close control and passing technique. 

His main attribute seems to be his quick thinking. His quick one touch passing must be instinctive as there's no way that can be taught. If Frank can get him laying off lightning quick passes to the other attacking players around the edge of the box we will score loads. In fairness we are already scoring lots of goals anyway. 

He definitely seems to be a player that will bring other players into the game. He's a team player who isn't afraid to tackle either. At the moment he is going under the radar of the media but I think he will come strong and will probably become our key player. Frank just needs to find a way to integrate his skills into our play. 

Surely its just a matter of time.

Can't wait!

COYB!

We need to play the two 8's system, atleast in some games, i'll even stomach seeing Kante as a sitting DM in the short term if that's what it takes to see it.

I really believe Kai and Mason's games compliment each other perfectly.

Just now, Argo said:

We need to play the two 8's system, atleast in some games, i'll even stomach seeing Kante as a sitting DM in the short term if that's what it takes to see it.

I really believe Kai and Mason's games compliment each other perfectly.

Kai and Kovacic much better pairing

3 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

Looks like Kepa's bad game let Havertz off the hook for the first goal who let Southampton back in just before halftime.

Havertz was a mistake but Christensen just switched off completely. He should have been alert to the potential danger and been closer to ings. 

Think havertz is taking time to get up to speed but I absolutely love watching him on the ball. 

7 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Havertz was a mistake but Christensen just switched off completely. He should have been alert to the potential danger and been closer to ings. 

Think havertz is taking time to get up to speed but I absolutely love watching him on the ball. 

Fantastic player, was just making the point that it seems his error had been forgotten as Kepa is rightly getting slaughtered. A mistake I doubt he will make again as he will learn quickly but it was a goal given away at the worst possible time.

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

Fantastic player, was just making the point that it seems his error had been forgotten as Kepa is rightly getting slaughtered. A mistake I doubt he will make again as he will learn quickly but it was a goal given away at the worst possible time.

Yes, there's still an element of getting used to the pace of the league. 

Ziyech made a mistake which led to the free kick which led to the third. Always the problem with signing players initially. 

1 minute ago, Sindre said:

Clearly a top talent but you got to say he's been rather unconvincing in the league so far. I am yet to see him dominate a league-game and he was toothless again today.

Football-wise he is a great player to have. He always makes a good decision with the ball and keeps the attack going. Any coach or manager surely loves having a player like Kai.

Werner for example spends a lot of time running but does very little with the ball and makes the wrong decision pretty often.

Havertz is one of those who plays with a certain insouciance that often gets mistaken for a lack of effort. It is something you would more often associate with French footballers, and it is something which never fails to infuriate English fans. It makes poor performances look worse and makes moments of brilliance look effortless.

Case in point:

Luiz Felipe Scolari says Nicolas Anelka got him the sack at Chelsea by  refusing to play on the wing - Mirror Online

3 hours ago, Sindre said:

Clearly a top talent but you got to say he's been rather unconvincing in the league so far. I am yet to see him dominate a league-game and he was toothless again today.

I thought he was excellent against Southampton.

I don't think he has been any worse than our other attackers in recent games. The reason for the dip in attacking performances is because we are trying to get the defence right. Right now, we are trying to find a balance in defense and attack and gettimg them both working in sync isn't easy, especially when we have played with a defense that has been so poor for the past two years.