Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

Clearly there are still idiots out there who expect a young player from a foreign league to hit the ground running and score a hattrick every match and win the Man of the Match award. If he doesn't, it's "Get rid of that overpaid, overhyped waste of space". Getting rid of the idiots would be much better, though :rolleyes:

Who has said that?

30 minutes ago, Brutos said:

This just reminds me of the Pulisic situation people just couldn't be patient, this guy is absolute class lay off him and give him time.

I think that Kai has shown even more in this short time than Pulisic in his turn when he first arrived...

Kai has played 6 PL games and has already 2 assists and 1 goal, it doesn't really look like he had no pre-season part from the fact that he made 1 big error that led to a goal.

I heard some say he's lazy, whoever says that, just ignore it because it has nothing to do with the reality, look at his performance against one of the best teams in Europe, Sevilla;
Kai covered the most distance out of all our players, he also won like 6/7 duels while Kante for example won none. He had an 80% passing percentage despite having almost no space to play his role, that's a 21 year old new player still settling in after being at the club for like a month, now some will point out that he lost the ball a lot of times but that's him trying to make something in a very difficult game, our most difficult this season so far so there is no way that he's lazy!

22 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I think that Kai has shown even more in this short time than Pulisic in his turn when he first arrived...

Kai has played 6 PL games and has already 2 assists and 1 goal, it doesn't really look like he had no pre-season part from the fact that he made 1 big error that led to a goal.

I heard some say he's lazy, whoever says that, just ignore it because it has nothing to do with the reality, look at his performance against one of the best teams in Europe, Sevilla;
Kai covered the most distance out of all our players, he also won like 6/7 duels while Kante for example won none. He had an 80% passing percentage despite having almost no space to play his role, that's a 21 year old new player still settling in after being at the club for like a month, now some will point out that he lost the ball a lot of times but that's him trying to make something in a very difficult game, our most difficult this season so far so there is no way that he's lazy!

Get the stats out 😂

He moves so easy that he doesn't look like he's moving that fast, but when he picks up the ball in our end and takes off on the break, no one is catching him from behind. 

Thats a dynamism I don't remember seeing centrally for a while. He easily could have had a couple of assists on counters tonight. 

2 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

He moves so easy that he doesn't look like he's moving that fast, but when he picks up the ball in our end and takes off on the break, no one is catching him from behind. 

Thats a dynamism I don't remember seeing centrally for a while. He easily could have had a couple of assists on counters tonight. 

Well said.  The last few games there have been a few times he picks the ball up deep within our half and goes the entire length.  Not quite pulled off the right pass, or if he did pass, it hasn't materialized yet.  But love seeing those runs.

He has that unique ability to take the ball, turn the defender, and make a long run while nobody could get near him, it's quite something. I feel he should play a bit deeper, instead of back to the goal and waiting for someone to pass the ball to him from deep, he could pick up the ball and bring the ball forward or pass up field. Once in a while he's going to get caught in possesion like the Southhampton game, but more of than not it's paying off.

18 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Thought he looked better once Jorginho and Kovacic went off. 

Seemed to fid a bit more space in deeper positions on the pitch where he was able to drive at the opposition with the ball at his feet. 

Thats why we should play 433. Playing as a 10 isn't an easy to position to play in.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Ziyech and Mount can do a whole lot of work with Kai centrally and all of them can go wide off-ball, super good versatility!

I’m starting to lean towards mount and kante only thing is it would maybe stunt his attacking development, Mount has a brilliant shot on him using him as a workhorse works for us just now but maybe not for him long term 

4 hours ago, SFL82 said:

I’m starting to lean towards mount and kante only thing is it would maybe stunt his attacking development, Mount has a brilliant shot on him using him as a workhorse works for us just now but maybe not for him long term 

Are you saying he is turning into the next Mikel?

6 hours ago, SFL82 said:

He can still get forward in that position though. How often do Kante & Kovacic get in shooting positions and f**k it up when they're playing that role.. That could be Mount and we'd be better team for it I think.

8 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Mount played that role for Derby and as others have said, he would still be getting forward

Just a small point on the word quality in football. Some may categorise a player like Havertz in the bracket "rolls royce" or similar. I don't know exactly what this means but if it is about quality Kai is exactly the type of quality you seldom see in football. There are handful of players in the top level who has as much quality as he has. 

Some may be off put by his nonchalant demeanor. He isn't the fighter(in a more traditional obvious way) , tackler, high power shooter, yeller or crowd kisser. He is just doing football things with super high quality. Every run and pass he does he does it with quality.

The passes are silky smooth and in the exact spot because it progresses the play. It is much easier to continue the play to the direction he wants when the player receiving it just simply heading the right way and the pass is just right. Not almost right but spot on. Players like Modric, Cesc and Kroos are so highly rated because of this. The last 5% of quality makes all the difference. It is also glaring when these players are a bit off because they are not happy or capable of making just a pass or a normal quality pass if you will. 

The runs Kai makes are just sheer quality. He is constantly arriving in the box in a right time and unguarded. When you see this you just scratch your head why our attackers are not doing so. It is about quality which is through the knowledge of the sport, vision and unique way of seeing the game. He is simply not willing to run to an okay place almost the right time. He sets the bar so high for everything he does. 

This idea came to me when I saw this Azpilicueta goal 

If Essien makes that pass just right we are 2 v 2 against struggling Arsenal defence. Now we just got lucky.. Well to be fair Azpi does extremely well there with his run and finish.

Havertz is still young so he will make simple mistakes and his level goes up and down but in a couple of years we have the best midfield in the Premier League. Or one of the best. No doubt in my mind.