Jump to content

Kai Havertz coming to Chelsea


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

Sheez @Paddy, you actually watch a match? How 20th century! 

I'm stuck there as well, so I can confidently predict based on absolutely nothing except their nationality, that both our Germans will become a force to be reckoned with. 

Alleluia Valerie, good to know I’m not alone then - from what you posted last night I don’t think you got to watch yesterdays game, if you didn’t then you were fortunate, pretty dire in all honesty - just as we start to play fluent-ish football, last night was very much like a leaner driver kangaroo-ing up the street in the wrong gear - maybe not entirely surprising given the changes.

I too am confidently hopeful (is that sitting on the fence?) that Werner and Havertz will become forces to be reckoned with, but just quietly, wouldn’t it be wonderful if Rudi could join them ?!! 

And even if nothing else becomes of them, at least they destress penalty taking !!!!

Edited by Paddy
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

I think that the issue is really with some twat who claimed Havertz is already one of our best players and then doubled down with graphs and google-stats when I and some others said that the player hadn't actually done anything in a Blue shirt to justify that hyperbolic bullsh*t.  Which then generated another tsunami of cut-and-paste statistics and pretty pictures.

You actually said that he hasn't shown anything at all. Just that.

Then I showed you that he did in fact show a whole lot already all things considered, and you held on this "but he isn't world class", you were then quiet after the Sevilla game, only to come out once again to say that he hasn't done anything after the leeds game.

You sound pretty frustrated, I could swear that people like you used to be the most annoyed for someone like yourself, not so long ago, I guess you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain... How the mighty have fallen huh?

Edited by Gol15
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

You actually said that he hasn't shown anything at all. Just that.

Then I showed you that he did in fact show a whole lot already all things considered, and you held on this "but he isn't world class", you were then quiet after the Sevilla game, only to come out once again to say that he hasn't done anything after the leeds game.

You sound pretty frustrated, I could swear that people like you used to be the most annoyed for someone like yourself, not so long ago, I guess you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain... How the mighty have fallen huh?

Send him some stats Gol! He loves stats! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paddy said:

Alleluia Valerie, good to know I’m not alone then - from what you posted last night I don’t think you got to watch yesterdays game, if you didn’t then you were fortunate, pretty dire in all honesty - just as we start to play fluent-ish football, last night was very much like a leaner driver kangaroo-ing up the street in the wrong gear - maybe not entirely surprising given the changes.

I too am confidently hopeful (is that sitting on the fence?) that Werner and Havertz will become forces to be reckoned with, but just quietly, wouldn’t it be wonderful if Rudi could join them ?!! 

And even if nothing else becomes of them, at least they destress penalty taking !!!!

I got to watch bits and bobs of the first half. When I had finally found a stream that didn't want me to sign up for something undoubtedly dodgy or direct me to even dodgier websites with big-boobed bimbos (yes, just jealous :biggrin: ), the stream was just as stop-go as our football. When the image froze mid-Jorginho-hop I lost the will to live, certain that he would miss. I cried out "Oh for a German!" Thankfully, Jorginho didn't miss, but I still prefer the smash-'em-in, take-no-prisoners German style :Connie_threaten: 

 

Edited by Valerie
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Valerie said:

I got to watch bits and bobs of the first half. When I had finally found a stream that didn't want me to sign up for something undoubtedly dodgy or direct me to even dodgier websites with big-boobed bimbos (yes, just jealous :biggrin: ), the stream was just as stop-go as our football. When the image froze mid-Jorginho-hop I lost the will to live, certain that he would miss. I cried out "Oh for a German!" Thankfully, Jorginho didn't miss, but I still prefer the smash-'em-in, take-no-prisoners German style :Connie_threaten: 

 

Yeah, I’m with you on that one, beats the sh*te out of crying out “oh for a Brazilian, living under an italian flag and plying his trade in England !” Imagine the amount of time saved too !

I also personally think skipping is overrated, surely a hop, skip and jump doesn’t exist in the Germanic psyche - does it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

You actually said that he hasn't shown anything at all. Just that.

And he hasn't shown enough (not "anything", by the way) in a Blue shirt to make me change my mind.

Then I showed you that he did in fact show a whole lot already all things considered,

No, you didn't, you showed me some stuff you had cut and paste out of google or transfermarkt that meant nothing to those of us actually watching the match

 and you held on this "but he isn't world class",

I know english isn't your first language, but that is no excuse for misrepresenting what other posters have said.  Quote my post where I said that.

you were then quiet after the Sevilla game, only to come out once again to say that he hasn't done anything after the leeds game.

I have commented after every match to some degree or other, and the position is still the same

You sound pretty frustrated, I could swear that people like you used to be the most annoyed for someone like yourself, not so long ago, I guess you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain... How the mighty have fallen huh?

That is just some random stuff that doesn't really make any sense, but I'm flattered you regard me as mighty, whether fallen or not.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Send him some stats Gol! He loves stats! 

I get that it's a joke but I don't really know how to come closer to someone that in my opinion has an unbalanced or harsh view in another way. If I can show that a players isn't that bad, maybe that person will change his view or soften his view, that's the best I can hope for even if it's all in vain. 

In all honesty I don't see why would someone be so harsh on a young player that clearly has so much talent, specially since he's new and had covid. If he were English maybe he would get a pass, I don't know I'm just speculating.

Lampard has said that he himself thinks that Kai has done well so far, not the first time that my own view is the same as Lampard's but I already know that for some not even Lampard's opinion holds much weight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

 

I see that you want to make a case of when someone is posting some stats that reflect how a player did, that it means that a person didn't watch the game. That's not true at all.

You clearly saw Havertz making a great run and assisting for the first goal against Sevilla, if you watched that game that is.

In that case you just ignored it so that you may keep saying that he hasn't shown anything. So if I were to post that stat you would then say once again that I don't prove anything, that I didn't watch the game and that stats don't mean anything, but the fact is that you simply ignore things that you saw that don't fit with your current narrative and you form a very narrow view.

Yes mate, I also watched Havertz play and because of it I'm sure that he's one of our best talents and stats reflected that in the past, I even posted how at this time period last season he was just starting to make a bigger contribution for Leverkusen, but I guess none of it matters to you.

You used to call out people that whine for no reason, now you are becoming one of them.
I did hold you in high regard but I do notice that your takes have changed, not that it matters whatsoever but I did try to show you that Havertz is great, because I thought highly of you and that if I did it that you would see what I saw, it doesn't matter now since you saw me from start and to this point just as a "twat" like you wrote...

So I can only say that I agree to disagree. Have a nice night mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally feel that we will probably see the true potential that Kai possesses possibly next season, we've seen the best of our Central Midfielders usually in the latter part of the season or the 2nd season. Jorginho played a lot better in the last third of the season under Sarri & was hugely reliable last season, Kova was POTY for us in his 2nd season for us & Mount has really taken his game to the next level in his second season with us.

With Kai being incredibly young and moving to a new country it's understandable it's taking him time to adjust especially considering how physical midfield battles can be against certain teams. He has already shown us glimpses of what he can do, I have been hugely impressed with his decision making and picking out the right pass at the right time. His decision making is not something that can be taught easily and usually takes years of experience for example I have seen Barkley completely breakdown our buildup because of poor decision making.

I think it's very early to judge him and hoping fellow fans will allow him the time to develop and realize his potential, we've suffered through 40+ apps of Bakayako & Drinkwater I am sure we can give Kai a season to adjust.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I personally feel that we will probably see the true potential that Kai possesses possibly next season, we've seen the best of our Central Midfielders usually in the latter part of the season or the 2nd season. Jorginho played a lot better in the last third of the season under Sarri & was hugely reliable last season, Kova was POTY for us in his 2nd season for us & Mount has really taken his game to the next level in his second season with us.

With Kai being incredibly young and moving to a new country it's understandable it's taking him time to adjust especially considering how physical midfield battles can be against certain teams. He has already shown us glimpses of what he can do, I have been hugely impressed with his decision making and picking out the right pass at the right time. His decision making is not something that can be taught easily and usually takes years of experience for example I have seen Barkley completely breakdown our buildup because of poor decision making.

I think it's very early to judge him and hoping fellow fans will allow him the time to develop and realize his potential, we've suffered through 40+ apps of Bakayako & Drinkwater I am sure we can give Kai a season to adjust.   

f**king hell, I forgot for a second that we've gone from bitching about drinkwater and baka to Havertz being merely average and not world class. 

We really haven't had it this good for a while. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Valerie said:

Sheez @Paddy, you actually watch a match? How 20th century! 

I'm stuck there as well, so I can confidently predict based on absolutely nothing except their nationality, that both our Germans will become a force to be reckoned with. 

You can be assured they'll be very good penalty takers too right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bisright1 said:

f**king hell, I forgot for a second that we've gone from bitching about drinkwater and baka to Havertz being merely average and not world class. 

We really haven't had it this good for a while. 

Also we're bitching about how Tammy isn't scoring enough, our 3rd striker who's already got 5 goals this season. 

Very good problems to have all things considered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I just don't see it at the moment, from everything I've seen so far I'd say I was more impressed and excited by RLC. If he was a £30m backup I'd still be unimpressed and hoping he improves to that value.

Come on. RLC never had the touch, close control or movement that Havertz has already shown. Or this fine tuned understanding of space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gol15 said:

You actually said that he hasn't shown anything at all. Just that.

Then I showed you that he did in fact show a whole lot already all things considered, and you held on this "but he isn't world class", you were then quiet after the Sevilla game, only to come out once again to say that he hasn't done anything after the leeds game.

You sound pretty frustrated, I could swear that people like you used to be the most annoyed for someone like yourself, not so long ago, I guess you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain... How the mighty have fallen huh?

Jesus you're still replying and entertaining that old man? Should have learnt to just ignore his ramblings a long time ago like I did

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 00:53, ashwin said:

Come on. RLC never had the touch, close control or movement that Havertz has already shown. Or this fine tuned understanding of space.

Eh? Ruben was unreal under Sarri in tight areas. Before his injury it looked like he was about to take off and step his game up. But a year off from football could kill anyone's career, just ask Jack Wilshere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slojo said:

Eh? Ruben was unreal under Sarri in tight areas. Before his injury it looked like he was about to take off and step his game up. But a year off from football could kill anyone's career, just ask Jack Wilshere. 

Unreal is a bit of a hyperbole no 🙂 I recall he was 'good' and showed glimpses. But not up to the levels Havertz has already demonstrated. And I did mention 'touch' and 'movement' as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 09/12/2020 at 16:50, Gol15 said:

I see that you want to make a case of when someone is posting some stats that reflect how a player did, that it means that a person didn't watch the game. That's not true at all.

You clearly saw Havertz making a great run and assisting for the first goal against Sevilla, if you watched that game that is.

In that case you just ignored it so that you may keep saying that he hasn't shown anything. So if I were to post that stat you would then say once again that I don't prove anything, that I didn't watch the game and that stats don't mean anything, but the fact is that you simply ignore things that you saw that don't fit with your current narrative and you form a very narrow view.

Yes mate, I also watched Havertz play and because of it I'm sure that he's one of our best talents and stats reflected that in the past, I even posted how at this time period last season he was just starting to make a bigger contribution for Leverkusen, but I guess none of it matters to you.

You used to call out people that whine for no reason, now you are becoming one of them.
I did hold you in high regard but I do notice that your takes have changed, not that it matters whatsoever but I did try to show you that Havertz is great, because I thought highly of you and that if I did it that you would see what I saw, it doesn't matter now since you saw me from start and to this point just as a "twat" like you wrote...

So I can only say that I agree to disagree. Have a nice night mate.

Sure, Havertz is a generational talent but let’s not pretend that he’s one of our best players already. If he was coming through the academy instead of 75m or whatever he cost, would you still say he’s one of our best players?

He’s 21 and yes he’s very good already but certainly not one of our best players, not even close to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Havertz play a number games last year in the Bundelsiga. He was a force playing midfield, striker or forward. He is playing in a much more physical EPL, adjusting to a new coach, teammates and formations. He is only 21, same age as Pulisic who also took a while to adjust when switching from the Bundesliga to the EPL  The talent is there, but he is playing too tentatively. He also needs to work out positioning as very often Werner and Mount end up in the same places he does in the box. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheGreatestGame said:

I watched Havertz play a number games last year in the Bundelsiga. He was a force playing midfield, striker or forward. He is playing in a much more physical EPL, adjusting to a new coach, teammates and formations. He is only 21, same age as Pulisic who also took a while to adjust when switching from the Bundesliga to the EPL  The talent is there, but he is playing too tentatively. He also needs to work out positioning as very often Werner and Mount end up in the same places he does in the box. 

Comes from being the one man band in a less physical league to being one cog among many. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm closer to the camp that Havertz has underperformed relative to his signing on fee yet he deserves another season to prove his worth.

He has skills for sure it is not he lacks skills just has not really gelled with the team to make a role his own. That is not necessarily his fault as I think Frank has changed formation a few times and for a new player must make things harder.

The RLC comparison for me is not a good one, I think RLC could have been a great player if he had stayed injury free.

A more direct player than Kai yet for me Kai can find a better pass than Reuben.

For me next season will be the make or break for Kai yet this season let's see what he can do in his versatile roles in a 4-3-3 system.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the areas that Havertz excelled in last year was set pieces with him crashing the net. He has competition with Giroud and Zouma for those balls this year. With Giroud likely gone at the end of this season he will have some of those opportunities. 
 

Havertz could also use another 8 to 10 pounds of muscle. Same for a few other players such as Pulisic, Tammy, Mount, etc. We need to put them in the same training program that Bayern uses. They are all beasts  and very rarely get muscled off the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Sure, Havertz is a generational talent but let’s not pretend that he’s one of our best players already. If he was coming through the academy instead of 75m or whatever he cost, would you still say he’s one of our best players?

He’s 21 and yes he’s very good already but certainly not one of our best players, not even close to it.

Have in consideration that he had no pre-season, he just joined a new club and also Lampard played him in a strange way in some games as well, the moment he was used properly he delivered, then he had the virus as well and he just had 2 starts in more than a month.

Is Mount one of our best players already? If yes, Havertz is not that far behind, he managed already to score, assist and he even won a penalty for us.

Werner that is played more forward has missed tons of clear-cut chances and even so he's already one of our best players. Let them settle a bit and they will destroy the league.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!