mwblue10

Kai Havertz

6 hours ago, ducavis said:

Ziyech can play as a 10 though, Sancho for me will be a better fit. 

He can but he's the best on the right wing. Maybe Sancho-Pulisic-Ziyech and they can rotate depending how it goes.

We have RLC, Mount and Barkley for his position, while Ziyech and Pulisic are also very capable of playing number 10/second striker. I would rather get a winger, because with Pedro and Willian likely leaving, that leaves us with only 3 real wingers, two of which are very young and have both had their share of injuries this season and the other one is new to the Premier League. Also CHO might be distracted with the allegations, so I really think another winger is paramount. Sancho would be ideal of course, let's see if we can bag him.

Awful first half performance by Leverkusen. No chance for Havertz to show anything. One good header from him though just over the bar.

16 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

We have RLC, Mount and Barkley for his position, while Ziyech and Pulisic are also very capable of playing number 10/second striker. I would rather get a winger, because with Pedro and Willian likely leaving, that leaves us with only 3 real wingers, two of which are very young and have both had their share of injuries this season and the other one is new to the Premier League. Also CHO might be distracted with the allegations, so I really think another winger is paramount. Sancho would be ideal of course, let's see if we can bag him.

I agree, Sancho is also 0 risk he's that good. Ofc we do need a left back and a striker and maybe Frankie wants a new keeper but Sancho would solve a lot of problems for us and he's really a problem for any opposition.

On 27/05/2020 at 02:39, Gol15 said:

I agree, Sancho is also 0 risk he's that good. Ofc we do need a left back and a striker and maybe Frankie wants a new keeper but Sancho would solve a lot of problems for us and he's really a problem for any opposition.

bring back Bulka from PSG and give him a run in the team imo. Would be incredibly cheap and looked great in pre season for us under Sarri.

23 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

bring back Bulka from PSG and give him a run in the team imo. Would be incredibly cheap and looked great in pre season for us under Sarri.

Didn't we sell him? 

On 29/05/2020 at 10:51, RIP Mourinho said:

What an absolute balls up the club has made of that situation. At the risk of being flippant on Kepa's situation we could all see Bulka was class in pre season. Reminds me of the summer we sold Chalobah for peanuts and needlessly bought Drinkwater for £35m.

On 29/05/2020 at 10:51, RIP Mourinho said:

Bulka has made the headlines this weekend by totalling a Lamborghini back in Poland, while supposedly in lock down ... hire car apparently ...

On 30/05/2020 at 09:55, BordeauxBlue said:

Didn't we sell him? 

Hence the 'bring him back'. Should never have let his contract expire. Think he only has a year left at PSG now.

On 30/05/2020 at 12:41, rtwelch said:

What an absolute balls up the club has made of that situation. At the risk of being flippant on Kepa's situation we could all see Bulka was class in pre season. Reminds me of the summer we sold Chalobah for peanuts and needlessly bought Drinkwater for £35m.

Mental. Looks very good in pre season. Whats the point of youngsters impressing if they then don't get a chance, at least as back up.

On 31/05/2020 at 17:11, Sexyfootball said:

Bulka has made the headlines this weekend by totalling a Lamborghini back in Poland, while supposedly in lock down ... hire car apparently ...

Maybe PSG will want him off their books and we can get him even cheaper then.

20 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Maybe PSG will want him off their books and we can get him even cheaper then.

Hope so ... he looked very solid in that pre-season. Can't believe Sarri didn't give him any opportunity after that ...  poor lad's only had one game at PSG as well, and did keep a clean sheet.

On 26/05/2020 at 09:10, True Blue23 said:

RLC is very injury prone, Barkley shows flashes of brilliance but most of the time is subpar and Mount is good but a long way off. Havertz is quite a bit ahead of all 3 at the moment. If RLC was fully fit and playing regularly in the same form he was pre-injury we wouldnt need Havertz.

1 hour ago, driller97 said:

RLC is very injury prone, Barkley shows flashes of brilliance but most of the time is subpar and Mount is good but a long way off. Havertz is quite a bit ahead of all 3 at the moment. If RLC was fully fit and playing regularly in the same form he was pre-injury we wouldnt need Havertz.

I agree with most of that but I cant agree that Mount is a long way off, he has proven he is capable of being in our first team and deserves the chance to keep progressing.

49 minutes ago, dkw said:

I agree with most of that but I cant agree that Mount is a long way off, he has proven he is capable of being in our first team and deserves the chance to keep progressing.

Mount when he's playing well he's good, but there have been several instances in recent games where he just hasn't been as good. At the start of the season he was brilliant, but he has definitely gone down a little since then.

Either way, having someone like Havertz will only improve us and by quite a big margin especially considering Jorginho always being linked away to Juve and Kante getting older and more injury prone in the past year. I know they don't exactly play the same position, but our midfield will need to change up a bit if they were to leave.

There honestly isn't that much between Havertz and Mount overall this season.

They've both been up and down, in form and out of it, which is to be expected from young players. 

42 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Mount when he's playing well he's good, but there have been several instances in recent games where he just hasn't been as good. At the start of the season he was brilliant, but he has definitely gone down a little since then.

Either way, having someone like Havertz will only improve us and by quite a big margin especially considering Jorginho always being linked away to Juve and Kante getting older and more injury prone in the past year. I know they don't exactly play the same position, but our midfield will need to change up a bit if they were to leave.

I think that is a little unfair on Mount, with his high intensity style of play it is vital he is rotated and has sufficient down time to maximize his impact on a game. Unfortunately for him we have been plagued with injuries this season and he has played a number of games not being completely fit. It wasn't a surprise that he started the season off well and improved after the winter break yet had the blip when we had a highly congested period from November to January.

I think with RLC back fit they both can rotate and hopefully offer us optimum performances, we have a great balance in central midfield now with Mount & RLC rotating for the Left Side, Billy & Jorginho Central and Kante & Kova for the right side.

Posted (edited)

Mount looked much better in our more recent games, which is no surprise considering we were playing much better, and having Billy in the team seemed to inspire him. The goal where he swiveled and stuck it in the bottom left hand corner against Liverpool was great.

Edited by Malcolm9

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Mount looked much better in our more recent games, which is no surprise considering we were playing much better, and having Billy in the team seemed to inspire him. The goal where he swiveled and stuck it in the bottom left hand corner against Liverpool was great.

He started very well, went down in the middle and his last few games he looked good again! Do like how he has a great eye for goal though, something we've been missing a lot in recent years. Even when we had Eden marauding the wings and terrorizing opposition, he was never about grabbing goals whereas Mount is

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think that is a little unfair on Mount, with his high intensity style of play it is vital he is rotated and has sufficient down time to maximize his impact on a game. Unfortunately for him we have been plagued with injuries this season and he has played a number of games not being completely fit. It wasn't a surprise that he started the season off well and improved after the winter break yet had the blip when we had a highly congested period from November to January.

I think with RLC back fit they both can rotate and hopefully offer us optimum performances, we have a great balance in central midfield now with Mount & RLC rotating for the Left Side, Billy & Jorginho Central and Kante & Kova for the right side.

Yeah thats more than fair to say. He shouldn't have been rushed in to be a first team starter playing almost every game when he literally just got promoted up. Should have been a slow transition into it but because of our injury problems there was no choice and its a bit unlucky he couldnt maintain that high level. Given some time he will definitely get better for sure.

Our mid is definitely excellent though as you stated!

Dont really know if we need him now. 

I suppose it all depends on what system we play, and what roles Werner and Ziyech are used in. 

If werner is used primarily down the centre,  and Ziyech on the wing, you could argue Havertz could be required, but i think it would mean selling Barkley, Giroud and Batshuayi which could be difficult in the current climate. 

Great player though like Sancho, hope neither of them end up at a domestic rival if they do move. 

On 05/06/2020 at 17:32, big blue said:

Dont really know if we need him now. 

I suppose it all depends on what system we play, and what roles Werner and Ziyech are used in. 

If werner is used primarily down the centre,  and Ziyech on the wing, you could argue Havertz could be required, but i think it would mean selling Barkley, Giroud and Batshuayi which could be difficult in the current climate. 

Great player though like Sancho, hope neither of them end up at a domestic rival if they do move. 

Im more than happy to miss out on Sancho and Havertz if they go to a club thats not in the prem, but with United and Liverpool always getting linked to them I would rather us sign them than they go to a rival club!

I think Werner as CF, Ziyech on the right and Havertz could play a little deeper in midfield. Giroud is a good option as 3rd striker but Barkley and Bats could be sold

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

Who gives these lot info one in one out? Timo is free pending morata sale, we have the hazard money and missed 2 windows without spending, I've no problem with selling players to balance the books but we are well in the black as it stands we could easily buy without yet securing sales.