• 4 weeks later...

The only worry I’d have with this is that Marina has her Russian goggles on and wants the player because of that. Almost bit us in the ass with Golovin and I was actually a fan of his, but now glad we didn’t get him.

10 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

The only worry I’d have with this is that Marina has her Russian goggles on and wants the player because of that. Almost bit us in the ass with Golovin and I was actually a fan of his, but now glad we didn’t get him.

Apparently about 20 million,can't say I'm overly excited about this rumour.

6 hours ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

I've heard of him idiot, I just know he just isn't at the level we require.

He's a bench fringe player at best

Pretty immature and seemingly uniformed commentary and insults won’t get you far on this forum. Chalov  may well be what you say but if Roman likes him that’s ok by me. Sometimes unknown 21 yr olds turn out to be pretty good and even if not you could be a bit more polite 

13 hours ago, dkw said:

So you've heard of an unheard of bum? Yeah, I'm the idiot.. 

Unheard of to armchair fans like you who collect benefits and only watch prem games.

He's unheard of to the majority of people, I've heard of him and seen him play a couple times in euro qualifiers and wasn't impressed at all. There's a reason why nobody was even talking about him up until recently, its because hes a nobody.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Which bellend is he? 

was playdayouf last time, I lost track of the previous ones, something about some street around SW6 gleaned from google, but always the same bolshy bollocks.  Got banned for being abusive to the women in here one time, I think.

On 09/12/2019 at 17:17, Gol15 said:

Not convinced at all...but if Roman wants him then I guess maybe he can end up being decent?

I'm actually surprised we haven't signed more Russian players over the years ... still just Smertin and Zhirkov since Roman became our owner I think ?

8 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm actually surprised we haven't signed more Russian players over the years ... still just Smertin and Zhirkov since Roman became our owner I think ?

Russian footballers haven't exactly set the world on fire in the past while though have they. I'm struggling to think of a single Russian footballer who has left Russia and gone to another European league and been a major success.  Golovin has done OK at Monaco and is still young so jury is out there. 

Most of the ones that have come to England have either been average or failed miserably.  

4 minutes ago, loz said:

Russian footballers haven't exactly set the world on fire in the past while though have they. I'm struggling to think of a single Russian footballer who has left Russia and gone to another European league and been a major success.  Golovin has done OK at Monaco and is still young so jury is out there. 

Most of the ones that have come to England have either been average or failed miserably.  

Quite true, but I'm still surprised we have only signed two !

They certainly don't seem to travel  ... I think only Golovin in the current national squad plays abroad.  Maybe it's a quality issue, or could be cultural in some way ?

Smertin and Zhirkov were decent enough players, and certainly no worse than several others we have signed for a lot more money.

35 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We have been linked with quite a few over the years, often the next young superstar. But they haven't really gone on to be too quality players so it's good roman doesn't seem to have tried to influence since Smertin who it was rumoured was a favour by roman.