coco

Spuds v Chelsea (PL) Sun 22nd Dec 16:30 GMT

25 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Daily Telegraph:

Live Chelsea beat wretched Spurs Rüdiger racially abused after Heung-Min Son sees red for kicking him

Here's a selection from BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Guardian, etc etc. Two of the headlines ONLY mention Chelsea and Racism (no mention of Spurs at all). None of the others mention the chants came from the Spurs fans. To the casual reader who doesn't read beyond the headline all they're seeing is Chelsea and Racism linked together once again.

5psSg30.png

12 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I know right. Its pretty shocking that we haven't played them in the Roman Abramovich ERa, except preseason games which dont count. If memory serves me correct the last time we played them was it the european supercup when Poyet scored the winner 

I think we have only played 3 competitive games against them in our entire history.

7 minutes ago, fitz said:

Here's a selection from BBC, Sky, Daily Mail, Guardian, etc etc. Two of the headlines ONLY mention Chelsea and Racism (no mention of Spurs at all). None of the others mention the chants came from the Spurs fans. To the casual reader who doesn't read beyond the headline all they're seeing is Chelsea and Racism linked together once again.

5psSg30.png

Absolutely despicable reporting ... the club should make an official complaint to the Press Complaints Commission ...

Thought Tammy’s hold up play was outstanding in first half. Getting, keeping and distributing ball with sometimes 3 spuds around him. Team definitely fresher today. Kovacic great energy early. Tomori goidcwhen his nerves settled 

James though is probably a much better player than he’s showing right now.  Looked very nervy and mistake prone. Needs to grow into job quickly. 
Willian fantastic all game. More energy than Kante. 

Edited by ozboy

Cheers Chelsea! Wasn't expecting that if I'm completely honest. Nothing better than beating them followed by their customary on and off pitch meltdown 🥰

Without doubt our finest performance of the season. Totally outclassed them. Bossed them, from the first minute to the last. Son, Kane, Alli, Eriksen, did we even see them?

Poor old Anthony Taylor, always been a c**t to us. Thank f**k for VAR today. How he called a foul by Alonso God only knows.

We were aggressive, we were cool emotionally, we held our nerve, we played so well, we were rock solid and we were a real team.

Every player deserves massive praise, our defence were excellent, Kova and Kante were sublime and took complete control of the game, and Tammy, Mason and Willy were all superb.

Star of the show though is Frank. It's so good having him on the touchline, rather than that mercenary, narcissistic, washed-up old sourpuss in the other dug-out.

We were in cruise control today. Brilliant.

2 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

As usual Jose blames everyone but himself. Also felt like he was taking a dig at Lamps by saying that 3 at the back is "Antonio Conte's formation".

Yep. It’s his narcissistic personality disorder. It’s  a toxic character trait that guarantees eventual failure wherever he goes. He’s like a potent drug that worked wonders initially but everyone has built up a tolerance to it now. Tottenham have made a big mistake. Didn’t want to comment on this before the match for obvious reasons. 

2 hours ago, fitz said:

5psSg30.png

I was just about to credit the media for bringing light to racism against us for a change, and then you show me this... f**king disgusting. 

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Mourinho has been humbled again today. It seems like every time he opens his mouth these days, it comes back to bite him. Lampard's tactics completely blew him away. There wasn't a single thing Mourinho did that was better than Lampard. Everything came together today, we dominated, we won every battle on the pitch, we were comfortable from set pieces ( one of our weaknesses this season ) we were quicker, we wanted it more, we defended perfectly, and we kept a clean sheet ( another one of our weaknesses this season ) All of this against the ego that is Jose Mourinho. Everybody at the club must be feeling amazing right now because wins don't get much better than that.

Lampard has totally destroyed Jose twice now with on paper weaker teams.

People look at what Jose was over what he currently is, in terms of being an active manager in 2019 he's very average, if not poor. Today is what happens when an up and coming modern manager faces one who peaked almost a decade ago and hasn't adapted to new times, only one winner.

Glad I was miles off on the pre game post. Three at the back worked wonders today & it’s nice to have another formation in your back pocket. Kudos to Willy & MnM today who harassed the f out of them. Let’s give VAR a big hand because without it Taylor would have found a way for them to draw or win. Elite ref my assh$$e.  Best thing is how it’s Jodys birthday and his Maureen trolling paid off big time. The holidays have finally kicked off with Top 4 at Chrimbo, I’m on a plane on the 30th, 2 nights hotel at the Bridge and sorted for Brighton  tickets.

Merry f’ing Christmas everybody !!!!

Edited by General