coco

Spuds v Chelsea (PL) Sun 22nd Dec 16:30 GMT

35 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Ofc, he never really cared about Chelsea and he showed it while in ManUnited when he wanted to fight the Chelsea staff and when he was offended when Conte was celebrating goals. If anything he wants to win even more now with Spurs just in spite for us. This match is now the biggest we had in the season after the final CL game against Lille, direct rival in all possible sense and also for the top 4 spot.

There is no excuse for this game, the team needs to perform and to fight. Spud fans are already saying how Delle Alli will score loads, laughable.

I won't lie, I am a bit worried about this match. Jose vs Super Frank, I am not so sure. I love Super Frank, but Jose could be playing Chess while SFL is playing checkers. I will be happy for a draw, but very ecstatic for a win at 3 point lane.

15 minutes ago, cuppaT said:

Get ready for the 3 fingers....

How would your bosses feel if they knew you were being distracted from preparing for your game against Genoa tomorrow Antonio?

On 17/12/2019 at 12:23, Slojo said:

Couldn't be playing them at a worse time, sorry for the negativity but I have to be realistic here, I can't see us winning this one. 

I think we'll get bullied on the pitch, Spurs will be up for it, we'll be bricking it and putting our heads down as soon as things don't go our way. 

I don't agree with you. Truth is they are not as devastating as teams like Man Utd, City, or Liverpool, and that's why Man Utd defeated them two weeks ago. If we are smart with our team selection, we have a chance.

But if we lack the gut to make tough selections, we would get beat. For me, I go for James instead of Aspi (Lampard thinks marking Zaha was easy), Rudiger and Christensen in defense, Emerson left back, Kante, Kovacic and Mount in midfield, then the attack can be the usual way. 

This will make us okay defensively since we are playing against a good team away from home, then, we will have the chance to also try to win the match. 

If we permit spurs to control our defensive midfield area, we will lose the match. If we play Jorginho, we will lose the match. 

I hope we can see a CB pairing of Tomori and Rudiger. Really wanting to see them together since we have been less than ideal in the backend regardless of who our CB pairing is so far.

Wouldn't mind seeing the following lineup tomorrow

--Kepa

-James    -Tomori           -Rudiger      -Azpi

-Kante              -Kovacic

-Pulisic                 -Mount                -CHO

-Tammy

I'd like to see Tammy get a day off and get some rest but I don't have faith in Giroud or Batshuayi at the moment. Of course, all it takes is to give someone the chance and they may pay us back.

Also, let's beat Mourinho's ass

Lot of pessimism here. Won’t be easy but no reason to throw in the towel. A draw at least is well on the cards. Play Jorginho, kova and Kante in the middle and Dave rudigier Zouma and Palmeri at the back and we are flexible, experienced and strong. 

I expect the week off will have done wonders for energy level and motivation. 

Edited by ozboy

With the form we are in, don't think we will beat them playing pretty football, I'm more than happy to take the 3 points parking the bus against the master of that art. We need to stay compact and playing a more cautious game, players need to make sacrifice and work that much harder if we are going to have a chance. With Arsenal having a new manager, the change effect will make them a lot harder to play against, so we are looking at a long rough runs if we don't get it together.

I’m not positive for this match at all. We haven’t beat a top team this season in the prem. We definitely need improve this part of our game. 

12 hours ago, ozboy said:

Lot of pessimism here. Won’t be easy but no reason to throw in the towel. A draw at least is well on the cards. Play Jorginho, kova and Kante in the middle and Dave rudigier Zouma and Palmeri at the back and we are flexible, experienced and strong. 

I expect the week off will have done wonders for energy level and motivation. 

Yes it’s the exact mirror of the sentiment before the city game. I questioned the optimism back then, and was challenged, which was perfectly reasonable  - we’d been on a good run of form, after all. But runs of form, good and bad, often peter out when you least expect it. Not saying it will happen tomorrow, and not making a prediction, but the lack of expectation makes me less nervous. A draw would be good, a win fantastic, a loss disappointing, but a good performance would soften the blow - for me at least. A month or so ago, only a win would have been deemed acceptable. 

We have to hope that the Chelsea that was playing good football and beat Wolves, Burnley and Southampton comfortably turns up against Sp*rs, rather than the Chelsea we saw against West Ham, Everton & Bournemouth.

The pessimist in me thinks Harry Kane has been quiet of late and this is the game he is looking for against our dodgy defence to score a hatful. The thought of Kane, Son and Ali does worry me and we need to be 100% on our game tomorrow. The optimist in me thinks Lamps and Jody knows how important this game is to us supporters and they won't want to lose to Mourinho and will want to address the recent slide.

It's gonna be nervy - lets hope the boys make us proud again.

COME ON THE CHELS!!!

We could win this, not saying it will happen, but it might, but we could lose, or maybe draw, if we score early we might get the win, if we score late we maybe might win.

No no no to hell with that, were going to stuff the cockerel, silent white, all is bright.

There is no way that I would settle for a draw here.

What doesn't matter is how the team did in the previous games, this is a derby and rules don't apply, yes we still look naive but I expect Frankie to give instructions to fire at will, we won't get a perfect chance here so the players must strike when nobody expects them to. Spuds will act upon this Jose mentality so someone from our team needs to remind them right there on the pitch that they actually are very insecure and more shaky than we will ever be.

SFL just has to put this quote from Jose’s presser on joining them, on the dressing room wall instead of his Pre-match talk 

"I really like this squad and looking to the young players there is not one manager in the world that doesn't like to play young players and to help young players develop.

"There is not one. The problem is that sometimes you get into clubs where the work that is below you is not good enough to produce these players so I look to our history and you see that the Academy is always giving the talents that the first team need.”

Pretty sure our youngsters will respond

5 hours ago, Shug said:

"I really like this squad and looking to the young players there is not one manager in the world that doesn't like to play young players and to help young players develop.

"There is not one. The problem is that sometimes you get into clubs where the work that is below you is not good enough to produce these players so I look to our history and you see that the Academy is always giving the talents that the first team need.”

Can you decipher that please.

We have a better team, a better manager. Just lack the experience. But these games are often won by the will and effort of the players, Spuds are a sinking ship.