Champions League draw

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm a bit out of touch. Are Bayern still very strong or are they no longer at the level they've been most of the last decade? Just wondering if we have much chance of beating them over two legs. I suspect that unless something quite dramatic and unexpected happens to our squad between now and then, we will likely find this the end of the road.

Happy with the draw. There is no easy match and Bayern are a very good team, but we're Chelsea! We can eat ANYONE on our day. Bayern have had their struggles this season - sacked their manager recently and behind Leipzig in the league. Coman has also just got injured, although not sure if he'll be back in time to play us. Back where we belong in the knockout stages of the Champions League - love it!!

-bad defence lewandowski has been absent and coman  out for a while. Not sure if he’s back by time we play them. They may buy in Jan but so might we. 

I actually think this is about the easiest tie we could have hoped for. 

Edited by ozboy

24 minutes ago, Snedger said:

I'm a bit out of touch. Are Bayern still very strong or are they no longer at the level they've been most of the last decade? Just wondering if we have much chance of beating them over two legs. I suspect that unless something quite dramatic and unexpected happens to our squad between now and then, we will likely find this the end of the road.

Not as strong as previous years, but they're still a very good team.

It will be tough, but not impossible to beat them.

14 minutes ago, ozboy said:

-bad defence lewandowski has been absent and coman  out for a while. Not sure if he’s back by time we play them. They may buy in Jan but so might we. 

I actually think this is about the easiest tie we could have hoped for. 

Before the last few games Lewandowski had scored in every Bundesliga & CL game this season. He is on fire atm.

Edit: He scored 2 at the weekend as well. He has 30 goals in I think 22 games for Bayern this season.

Edited by rtwelch