Timo Werner

So despite CL football far from secure for next season we've attracted the star man from that tournament of last season and have the best attainable striker seriously considering us.

I'm not going to call people out individually but there were a few people insistent we wouldn't attract top talent without CL.

“Liverpool are like an NFL team under the salary cap after a couple of successful seasons. Too many existing players in line for pay rises/extensions, little room to manoeuvre when it comes to signing new players. Chelsea are the opposite - lean and agile after a year of sales.“

31 minutes ago, JM7 said:

“Liverpool are like an NFL team under the salary cap after a couple of successful seasons. Too many existing players in line for pay rises/extensions, little room to manoeuvre when it comes to signing new players. Chelsea are the opposite - lean and agile after a year of sales.“

Plus every time i read about RAs finances he's worth another 2 Billion, so over the years he aint lost any money from his huge investments, a lovely toy to keep tinkering with

23 minutes ago, enigma said:

Hope this don't mean Utd have a free shot at Sancho 😬 that would suck. But yeah we have two of the best players in Europe for under £100m, so that is amazing. 

Think of it like this.

We're going to get Werner (50m), Ziyech (25m) and Chilwell (45-50m) for the same price that United will get Sancho.

17 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Plus every time i read about RAs finances he's worth another 2 Billion, so over the years he aint lost any money from his huge investments, a lovely toy to keep tinkering with

I would have to imagine that anyone shrewd enough to thrive where Roman did to make his fortune in the first place will likely make a few bucks during the pandemic rather than lose money in it.