Timo Werner

Our present and future is so exciting. I hope we get Chilwell secured too as I think he is quality. We buy him and James and Chillwell is set for the near decade. Gilmour, Kovacic both at a good age. Ziyech at a good age then we have Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Werner and Abraham. Boga looks unlikely but say he came you can add him to the equation. A lot of people are going to say Werner went to us because of the money, but looking at it, we have such an exciting project. Young manager who is setting his mark on the game and the potential in the team is crazy. Exciting moments.

Some say that Frankie personally talked to Werner and that it's all about the paperwork now that is left.

Werner has in his last 2 seasons in Bundesliga 59 games, 41 goals and 16 assists.

I find it funny how fans from other clubs went from "Werner is coming to Klopp it's too easy" to "Werner is overrated actually he has always been" :biggrin: 

EZsOvSQXgAE5BuC?format=jpg&name=medium

Hmm we don't mess around do we? Nice to see us move fast when the opportunity arose. I would call myself solidly on the fence about whether this is a good deal or not but it's still funny to rob Liverpool of a signing.

Pros:

1. He complements Tammy. Because of his preferred slot on the left he will likely play with Tammy rather than instead of him. Same with Giroud. Could work in a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 up top. He adds something different from both. 

2. He is quick and he presses very well from the Leipzig way of playing. Also runs the channels hard. Makes it more difficult for teams to commit and press us high up the park because he is always a threat. Ziyech feeding Werner could be fun to watch. 

Cons:

1. He can be wasteful. Has a reputation in Germany as a chance waster. He gets into goal scoring positions lots but misses a few too. In a league where there aren't as many chances created this could be an issue. 

2. Deeper defences can negate him. His chief asset is his pace. The reason Bayern have been skeptical to buy him is because they have most of the ball and play against deep defences. He doesn't work as well in these situations. Sound familiar? Same with Germany where he has struggled. I think he has improved under Nagelsmann this year and become more rounded but it's still a big concern. 

I think he can work here but it won't be easy for him and we shouldn't be expecting the sort of goal tallies he has clocked up in Germany.

3 hours ago, enigma said:

Hope this don't mean Utd have a free shot at Sancho 😬 that would suck. But yeah we have two of the best players in Europe for under £100m, so that is amazing. 

This is why i hope CHO can discover his pre-injury form, because many believe/d he has more potential than Sancho, will have to put on a real Season to prove it though.

His pace is blistering and he is a very good finisher.

There are doubts whether he can be a success at Chelsea as Spiller said. He is wasting chances. This anyway is what German outlets say of him. Leipzig is creating a lot of chances as do Chelsea under Frank but no one is finishing at the rate needed. Tammy and Co wasted a ton of chances this season. The other thing is the packed defenses as Spiller said. We will face packed defences all season. I'd say up to 10 Prem teams will setup for defending against us the way we play.

If he ends up signing he needs a perfect start. Confidence is everything in his line of business. Last thing we need is Torres/Morata situation where every drop of confidence is sucked out of the player.

I feel his confidence is not a problem. We have a perfect age structure (mix of youth and players like Giroud who are willing to help anyone) and manager to not let that be a problem. Gladly we have Rudi helping him fit in.

Ziyech's perfectly timed passes to Werner behind the line is like the younger version of Cesc-Diego combo.

Hope this is finalised soon.

8 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

This is why i hope CHO can discover his pre-injury form, because many believe/d he has more potential than Sancho, will have to put on a real Season to prove it though.

Having Pulisic and CHO is great because they were both in good form, especially Pulisic, before the injuries. 

It sounds like it’s a done deal. Sky Sports are reporting both teams have reached an agreement and we will be paying him £200 pw. On another note, I can see us selling Kante in the summer.
I don't think we are trying to sell him. One of the best players in the world among midfielders. Hope we can keep hold of him. He is the player that brought Leicester, us and France their titles. Without him those achievents were impossible.

12 hours ago, DannyVblue said:

Next Kai Havertz and it would be the perfect window! 👀👀

Havertz, a world class LB and a CB and we're sorted for years!

Maybe throw in Sancho too if we wanna go extra crazy

I've been a big advocate for Werner since his buy out clause came into play, great signing for us. Can play from the left, off the front man, or down the middle if frank uses him like he did with Waghorn ar derby, who is a similar profile of player. I know we have been used to seeing a big target man at Chelsea, but maybe Lamps wants something a bit different, who knows since he has been working with what he has so far. 

Obviously theres risks with all players, he misses a few, what top forward doesnt, and will he adapt to the pace of the league, and less space? Its impossible to predict, Salah relied heavily on pace and cutting in from wide at roma, but he has been fantastic at Liverpool. Hopefully Werner can be the same, and i think he will obviously benefit playing with Ziyech, i can see him getting a few from that inswinging cross that did us a couple of this season. 

Very happy, I dont see Sancho moving this summer, and whilst i like Havertz, his price is a sticking point. Really could do with a left back now, just hopefully not chilwell for big money, when Tagliafico and Telles are available for half the price. Goakeeper, Centre back, and Centre midfield will most likely get another season to review, since we have developing players in those positions that could kick on this season. 

Exciting times ahead.

11 hours ago, Scott said:

When I've seen him play he looks a light weight, skillful but get knocked off the ball easy. I do wonder how he will adapt to real football. :biggrin:

Should be a perfect fit in our squad then!

2 hours ago, ekimozturk said:

It sounds like it’s a done deal. Sky Sports are reporting both teams have reached an agreement and we will be paying him £200 pw. On another note, I can see us selling Kante in the summer.

£200 a week bloody hell Marina really is a real ball breaker when it comes to wages 😆

18 minutes ago, evissy said:
1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:
its about time we had a Decent German in the Team, Ballack seems such a long time ago!

Rudiger not decent?

My Bad, i kind of forgot about his nationality, in my Defence i was thinking of a more Attack minded Jairmun, as the scouse would say