Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 29th Dec 14:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 minutes ago, loz said:

It was never in doubt lads. One step closer to the title!

Fair play to Frank. Got it wrong at the outset but didn't make the mistake of hanging on till half time to make the change. Second half a total different kettle of fish and the second half performance didn't merit the number of critical posts on here. By the way how do you guys watch the game and make so many posts?

Yes we got lucky with the Jorghino second yellow not being given as it was a clear yellow card offence. But we deserve a bit of luck, after all we got mugged into signing Emerson (he really is that bad isn't he)

Impressed by what we saw from Lamptey.

This. I was asking myself the exact same thing re time to make so many critical posts. Easy for me to piggyback on the result now but the performance had improved massively well before our first goal and there was waaaay too much doom and gloom. Seriously some of you need to have a chat with yourselves. Also, you were certainly right about that back 3! 

Magnificent team spirit. Lamps needs credits. We were the much better team second half. Dominated the game. CHO caused so much problems coming on. Lamptey looked really impressive and settled really well. I think CHO should have come on for Jorginho. That nearly costs as Jorginho could have easily been sent off. Kova was not on a yellow. I know the stigma of embarrassment of coming on then coming off is not nice, but with Jorginho on a yellow and probably fortunate to stay on, that is why he should have gone off instead of Kovacic. But luckily he came up with a big goal and Tammy scored the winner to shut some people up. Willian was fantastic second half too. Big win. We keep creating a nice gap over 5th place only to squander it against some relegation battling team. Boys, stop this cat and mouse please but well done!

Frank is a good reactionary manager but he needs to be more proactive. Ge should not wait until we are behind to make changes. 

That being said, he has the skillset to change the game when the chips are against us and that in itself is a world class talent

2 minutes ago, coco said:

35 minutes we stopped the haemorrhage, 65 mins we started believing we could win, you could feel the change.

Agree. The change almost felt instantaneous when Jorginho came on, and Arsenal didn't threaten after that.

The big question was whether we were enough of an attacking threat. Thankfully we found our mojo in the end.

I'm always scared with those stats when they come up, such as when Arsenal score first they end up winning and never losing, or once we have conceded first this season, we have won none, drawn none and lost 6. Today proves stats aren't always right. 

I was so nervous that first half. It felt like deja vu again and we were going to be in trouble after their goal. I was preparing myself for a loss today. Jorginho fully changed that game, so credit to him, and to Lampard for changing things sooner. 

souness ::clap2::
Have to say having watched the Jorghino foul again when Souness was discussing it I changed my mind about it being a clear yellow. That said at full speed it looked blatant. And it was no more of a tug than the penalty claim on Abraham.

So in conclusion, and having applied a complex algorithm I come to the scientific conclusion 'f**k you gooners'