Arsenal vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 29th Dec 14:00 GMT

1 hour ago, evissy said:

Aubameyang is such a great player. If they had 2-3 of his quality they'd be challenging for the league. Same goes with Kane and Tottenham. Leaders and excellent players. For them it is sad they hav e to drag the entire team and end up with nothing.

I think we have better quality in players although we are maybe lacking that brilliant player without Hazard. Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Willian are experienced and quality players.

Great win anyway. This season is up and down and it will be. Young manager with young players read rollercoaster.

Aubameyang is decent and always their biggest threat but I was glad to see Martinelli not feature today 'cos he has looked very decent too when I have seen him.

Ironic too that I think one of their best players is Leno and I would take him over Kepa, yet it was Leno who handed us a way back into the game. With a bit of tweaking Arsenal could be dangerous but their defence makes ours look good! :laugh2:

We were bad enough in the first half that we probably deserved to lose today but we massively improved in the second half.  There was still lots of frustrating passing outside the box, if teams identify that there's only one player who's likely to take on a chance themselves, we become much easier to defend against, hopefully that can be remedied short term in the transfer window and the younger players can get the experience and confidence up.

One of those games where you just take the points. Like I said and it’s obvious you can’t play back 5 without wing backs that can attack and create and we don’t have any of those except alonso who is probably being sold. 

also the team needs Jorginho, kova and Kante all on the field. Cho improving but I wish pulisic was playing. 

Like cho Rudigier still not at his best after long layoff. Needs more games under the belt to get some touch back. 

Edited by ozboy

Watched the match again from the formation change somewhat less perplexed and rattled by the pegging back of the team by the gooners that I had cruelly witnessed live earlier. 
it would of been a travesty had the all the points not left with the team on the bus afterwards. Totally dominated them, pegged them back in their own half for 80 % of the time. As for the 2nd yellow if it was justice was done as that shaggy aired Herbert pulled Tammy over in the box in the 1st half. 
Waiting at the airport to fly over to Blighty  for the new year, care fooking free then !!

Really nervous game, and a vital win. If we finish in the top 4 comes to end of the season, this would be one of those deciding games. We started off poorly, reckon everyone figured out how to counter the back 3 by now. Another individual mistake at set piece, and rightly so the individual was taken off before the half time. We looked a lot better with the extra man in the middle, although I still debate where Jorginho should have played in that midfield. On another day, he got sent off and we'd slam him for being stupid. Against fast attackers, the player covers the back 4 needs to be mobile, and Jorginho is not that guy. We remained patient, and rightly rewarded. Goal keeper mistake or not, we are bound to score a goal. The deciding goal was a great counter attack, both Tammy and Willian did exactly the right thing and the right time, no slowing down or look for support. Tammy embarrassed Mustafi, who's probably the worst defender in the EPL right now. That 19 year old right back looked a real deal, and why is it his contract is running down in 6 months? It's CHO drama all over again.

First come back from a losing position since April.

Willian was not at his destructive Tottenham level, but he proved why Lampard loves him. Across these three matches in seven days he has missed six minutes. At the end of this one he was provided the winning assist – his last of seven key passes.

https://www.football365.com/news/16-conclusions-arsenal-1-2-chelsea

18 hours ago, Brutos said:
18 hours ago, Scott Harris said:
The kid didn't look out of place at all. He actually calmed us down because Tomori was really struggling at RB.

Arsenal targeted Tomori in the back 3 and back 4 they seem to have identified him as the weak link and pressed him when the had the ball and let Zouma and Rudi have it

I would say that's more because Tomori is actually a threat with the ball whereas those two ain't.

Similar to Jose in the Europa final instructing a press on De Ligt but letting Sanchez have all the time in the world.

1 hour ago, icecoolguy22 said:

We looked a lot better with the extra man in the middle, although I still debate where Jorginho should have played in that midfield. On another day, he got sent off and we'd slam him for being stupid. Against fast attackers, the player covers the back 4 needs to be mobile, and Jorginho is not that guy.

You don’t play Jorginho to cater to the opponents you are playing, you play him in order for us to able to play our game on our premises. In my opinion, we are a big enough as a club now that we should aim for the latter.

I would argue that only Liverpool and City are good enough to warrant the pragmatism to leave Jorginho out of our midfield now, and even then I would have him on just so that we give ourselves a chance to keep possession of the ball better.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I would say that's more because Tomori is actually a threat with the ball whereas those two ain't.

Similar to Jose in the Europa final instructing a press on De Ligt but letting Sanchez have all the time in the world.

That's how I saw it too, he's the only 1 of those 3 with any kind of decent long passing. 

14 hours ago, ozboy said:

One of those games where you just take the points. Like I said and it’s obvious you can’t play back 5 without wing backs that can attack and create and we don’t have any of those except alonso who is probably being sold. 

also the team needs Jorginho, kova and Kante all on the field. Cho improving but I wish pulisic was playing. 

Like cho Rudigier still not at his best after long layoff. Needs more games under the belt to get some touch back. 

I agree with what you say about the back 5 but why play kova jorginho and kante when we have defensive fullbacks that will mean we have 7 defensive players on the field wud rather we play 2 of the 3 and play mount between the lines . We were in control but took over when lamps brought on CHO for kovacic and switched to a 4231 that way we had 4 attacking players on with kante and lamptey joining in

9 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Willian was not at his destructive Tottenham level, but he proved why Lampard loves him. Across these three matches in seven days he has missed six minutes.

Man, what a stat right there. BTW, I was too busy celebrating to realize that Tammy's Celebration was an homage to The Great DD - the Longtime Gooner Killa

I want the video to remain on this thread, so I am using the official one from CFC

One other thing I meant to mention in earlier post - I know opponents are never really liked but just how annoying is that little w**ker Torreira? Lot's of players go down too easily these days but f**k me, he has taken it to a whole new level. I would be embarrassed to have a player like that in a team I support, so to see him on the losing side made the win even sweeter.

21 minutes ago, Nibs said:

One other thing I meant to mention in earlier post - I know opponents are never really liked but just how annoying is that little w**ker Torreira? Lot's of players go down too easily these days but f**k me, he has taken it to a whole new level. I would be embarrassed to have a player like that in a team I support, so to see him on the losing side made the win even sweeter.

well if it's any consolation, he was crying again yesterday.

ENCvCWhWoAEBCXp?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Both him and guendouzi both throw themselves around a lot, any contact and there on the deck. Cheating little w**kers. 

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

I think he's genuinely weak. Being at Arsenal and all that