coco

Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest (FAC) Sun 5th Jan 14:01 GMT

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

Really should be giving this forest side a pasting. They are playing their b team apparently. 

I'm goign to open myself up to a caning on here as well, by saying that goal aside, i once again have been underwhelmed by CHO so far. These types of matches should surely be his stage to shine. I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about currently.

Just now, WhiteWall said:

I'm goign to open myself up to a caning on here as well, by saying that goal aside, i once again have been underwhelmed by CHO so far. These types of matches should surely be his stage to shine. I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about currently.

I think it's very telling that since he went down injured in the first half he's been much less direct. 

Today is another example of why I call Emerson a boring player. Compare his attacking peformance to James. James has been putting in a great crosses all afternoon and has been very involved in our attacking and defending, then you look at Emerson and I can't think of anything of note that he has done. You barely notice that he is even on the pitch. He just puts in 6/10 performances every week, the only time you notice him is when he is having a bad game.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Today is another example of why I call Emerson a boring player. Compare his attacking peformance to James. James has been putting in a great crosses all afternoon and has been very involved in our attacking and defending, then you look at Emerson and I can't think of anything of note that he has done. You barely notice that he is even on the pitch. He just puts in 6/10 performances every week, the only time you notice him is when he is having a bad game.

Yeah but Reece is English and Emerson is Brazilian/Italian, and all the football aficionado fans don't rate the English kids. All hype they say.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Yes, i may not have worded that the best. What i mean is that he offers no more than a championship player would offer. For example if we signed Mitrovic, or Bowen and moved Bats on, would we be dropping in quality. I don't think so tbh.

Fair point. I think we’d definitely be better off with  mitrovic as backup striker than bats and I’m sure there are others. At least he can get his head to a cross!

Slightly under the radar but i was impressed yet again with Lamptey. Even the loose pass he made that wasn't picked up was because Barkley was bolloxed and didn't read it. Everything the boy did was good. Even won a header in the air.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

Dominant performance. The scoreline doesn't show how dominant we were. We could easily have had 4 or 5 if it wasn't for Batshuayi's poor finishing.

How I saw it too. Don't think any of our players played poorly except Bats.

Batshuayi awful.  Barkley was ok at best.  Kovacic quiet, Reece James excellent.  My main observations.   CHO was very good first half but again, and ive said it before, his best games are always in the cups against lesser/weaker sides.   Looks a totally different player in the prem.

Giroud is definitely off, and Pedro i think