coco

Chelsea vs Nottingham Forest (FAC) Sun 5th Jan 14:01 GMT

2 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

You would assume Giroud is leaving then?

If it were me and i failed to get on against a Forest b team whilst Bats had a complete mare, i'd be on the plane already. For me this was the most telling point of the entire afternoon. This didn't even work well as if it was a ploy to get Bats in the shop window.

Opening myself up for a backlash here but when people talk of us signing a striker it's always to backup Tammy, or play with him.  Why not sign someone better than Tammy if possible? Because there is plenty out there

13 minutes ago, charierre said:

Six academy products on the pitch at he end. Let that sink in. All there on merit too,challenging for first team places.

And that could have been 8 if Abraham wasn't rested and RLC was fit.

Michy is not good enough and it's clear Giroud is not in Frank's plans going forward.

I think we're going to sign a striker in this window, but it's open to speculation as to who that will be. My guess is Dembele even if Werner is my preferred option.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

If it were me and i failed to get on against a Forest b team whilst Bats had a complete mare, i'd be on the plane already. For me this was the most telling point of the entire afternoon. This didn't even work well as if it was a ploy to get Bats in the shop window.

I was thinking while watching, maybe his move is already in the works and it was a prevention to stop him getting injured.  Because there is no way he did not deserve a run out.  Unless on the other hand, Frank thinks he is absolute sh*te

Opening myself up for a backlash here but when people talk of us signing a striker it's always to backup Tammy, or play with him.  Why not sign someone better than Tammy if possible? Because there is plenty out there
I agree to an extent. I wouldn't say Tammy is good enough to lead our line for a title challenge but the amount of game time he is currently getting may grow him into one.

1 minute ago, AlexTommo said:
3 minutes ago, RickUK said:

I agree to an extent. I wouldn't say Tammy is good enough to lead our line for a title challenge but the amount of game time he is currently getting may grow him into one.

He is a very good striker but has a lot to learn and you are right, he could grow into a title leading striker.   But he is still so so far off.   I think if Dembele joined, he'd be ahead of Tammy.   Not buying the Gabigol rumours

1 minute ago, RickUK said:

He is a very good striker but has a lot to learn and you are right, he could grow into a title leading striker.   But he is still so so far off.   I think if Dembele joined, he'd be ahead of Tammy.   Not buying the Gabigol rumours

Sorry, but i disagree here. Even if we signed Dembele i cannot see what would make him ahead of Tammy in the pecking order. He is yet to prove himself in a proper league.

9 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Tammy is still young and has been superb, if we really invested a lot of money into replacing Tammy I would be disappointed, primarily because we need them in other areas desperately. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Sorry, but i disagree here. Even if we signed Dembele i cannot see what would make him ahead of Tammy in the pecking order. He is yet to prove himself in a proper league.

fair point.  Doing well for Lyon though Dembele.  25 goals in 51 games.  Probably a similar strike rate to Tammy.  

I only joined about 68 mins.

CHO looked much better, energetic at both ends and looking a threat on the wing.

Disappointed to see James booked, looked like he clearly won the ball.

Emerson took a late shot, looked like he was trying to canon it into the turf to bounce over the keeper yet instead just bounced out.

Barkley plays like Jorginho mark II further up the pitch, so annoying as wanting him Everton-like to turn quickly and have a crack. 

At 2-0 can't complain though look forward to seeing goals later.

Noticed Spurs old boy Dawson playing for Forest. 

1 minute ago, RickUK said:

fair point.  Doing well for Lyon though Dembele.  25 goals in 51 games.  Probably a similar strike rate to Tammy.  

I am not totally sure that as a club we are as attractive to the marquee players as much as us fans think. So the likes of Dembele may well be in our bracket now. As such we may only be able to sign a striker that can compete with Tammy on equal ground. Regardless of whther we are truly linked or if it is just rumours these big name transfers generally never come close for us.

What i am a little surprsied at, with both Jody and Frank working in the championship last season, and their philosphy of developing youngsters, why we haven't been linked with any up and coming bright prospects like Bowen, Watkins, Benrhama etc.

Posted (edited)

Why did the Women's team kick off at the same time today? Does anybody have any links to macth highlights please?

Ignore this. Highlights on BBC website now. Good goals as well.

Edited by WhiteWall

40 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Better players dont want to sit on the bench waiting for Abraham to start missing. We need a player who isnt top draw, but will always get goals when the chances come his way, Michy is not that player, Mitorvic from Fulham would be the kind of player.

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Better players dont want to sit on the bench waiting for Abraham to start missing. We need a player who isnt top draw, but will always get goals when the chances come his way, Michy is not that player, Mitorvic from Fulham would be the kind of player.

We were linked to Mitrovic last winter as well. He would be good against smaller teams, sometimes you need a bully-type to get you the 3 points but he isn't our ideal signing even if he can hold the ball and pass it around. He did score goals both last season and he has plenty this season but he takes so many shots overall, he isn't clinical.

43 minutes ago, RickUK said:

He is a very good striker But he is still so so far off. 

EPL top scorers from open play and assists 2019/2020

Vardy 14 outfield goals - 3 assists

Ings 13 - 1

Abraham 12 - 3

Aubameyang 12 - 1

Mane 11 - 6

Sterling 11 - 1

Pukki 9 - 3

Kane 9 - 2

Rashford 8 - 4

Salah 8 - 4

Aguero 8 - 2

Jimenez 6 - 6

Was at the Bridge today and though it was a fairly good game, getting back to winning ways with a quite dominant performance, and a rare clean sheet too, 1st half was positive, 2nd half okay bit frustrating we couldn't put the game to bed, should really have got some more goals. Forest were not quite up to take advantage, but got to take more of our opportunities going forward or risk that other teams are gonna punish us more.

If Pedro may be off then was nice he got another game in front of the home crowd, did feel rather sorry for Giroud not featuring at all, was expecting him to appear towards the end but not even a few minutes run on with the game wrapped up, will be surprised if he's still in blue at the end of Janaury. Bats was disappointing today unfortunately - will be interesting who the club may move for in January to bolster our attacking options.

Anyway a fairly comfortable win, good boost at home for the team, on to the next round!

11 minutes ago, Salato said:

Bats was disappointing today unfortunately - will be interesting who the club may move for in January to bolster our attacking options.

Anyway a fairly comfortable win, good boost at home for the team, on to the next round!

IMO, we certainly need to strengthen in the centre forward position as Bats has been poor for the last few appearances. 

1 hour ago, charierre said:

Six academy products on the pitch at he end. Let that sink in. All there on merit too,challenging for first team places.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

And that could have been 8 if Abraham wasn't rested and RLC was fit.

Don’t forget poor old Jamie Cummings on the bench! Bring in Maatsen at left back and Gilmour we’ve got a first XI!

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

I'm goign to open myself up to a caning on here as well, by saying that goal aside, i once again have been underwhelmed by CHO so far. These types of matches should surely be his stage to shine. I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about currently.

I agree, he is No where near ready to start in the premier league. I think he should go on loan to get some experience.