coco

Newcastle vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 18th Jan 17:30 GMT

Absolutely pathetic. No urgency all game from the players. 

Its the same pattern repeating itself again and again. It’s getting ridiculous 

1 minute ago, Jezq8 said:

Maybe we should try there tactics park the bus and hope to score against the run of play

For that you need strikers that can finish and Willian not to keep playing the ball behind attackers.

Just now, JPH said:

They can only blame themselves. When you have a posession of 70 % you just can not loose the game.

Possession means f**k all when you do nothing with it. 

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Both very good players, arguably world class but together they’re f**kin’ pony and it shows time and time again.

Yep, tactically it's a mess. 

Kante is playing further up the pitch than Mount, Mount isn't playing well and Jorginho is isolated. As soon as Barkley came on and started playing with Jorginho we were much better in the middle, we may aswell be playing Jorginho on his own if we're playing him next to Kante, it just doesn't work against these teams. 

I don't know why Lampard is so against going back to the Kovacic-Jorginho midfield, I think this has cost us a sh*t load of points. 

1 minute ago, SFL82 said:

There was 3 Newcastle players round ruduger there where the fuxk was the rest of our players to defend....f**k off im not even going to get upset they deserve it 

Yeah, think it‘s a bit unfair for people to single out Rüdiger there, he was well outnumbered.

What an absolutely ridiculous match.

1 minute ago, Gentian said:

Thats a bloody joke. Am so upset loosing a match like that when we dominated most of the game.

You're right that we dominated the game, but our football was still so stale and predictable. There is so little football in this team agaisnt any team that defends.

We simply don’t have the technical ability to break defensive teams down and it keeps biting us on the arse.
The next three games are season defining now to say the least.

Edited by Zagger

Its so predictable with Chelsea.  A blind man can see this result coming from a mile away.  Ofcourse he hadn't scored for a year, yet alone this season.  Come play Chelsea, we'll make a hero out of you.

Kepa is absolutely f**king sh*t.  I'm sorry, but he is just sh*t.  He's a poor mans Kevin Hitchcock, who I liked.

How many times did we have a chance to cross or get in behind yet we stopped or played the wrong pass. 

We don't deserve top four losing 8 games now, or is it 9.  I lose count.  

Which relegation battling team can we help out next?

3 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Watch all the comments come out now about young team, new manager building something. The reality is we're not that good a team in fking league of dross and a manager that is incapable of beating a team that doesn't want to play football.

If this were any one of our managers in the roman era, they'd would be in trouble now.

It still is the roman era? 

We have a serious problem breaking down parked busses. That much is obvious.

It's All Fine And Dandy Having All That Possession If You Actually Do Something With It, Our Front 3 Basically Created Nothing All Game, You Can't Win Games If You Can't Score, And We Never Looked Like Scoring

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

Let's calm down. We played some great football,  need to up the pace, get early crosses in, we'll be ok, have faith in our team and our manager, stop acting like the clowns over on Arsenal fan tv everyone.

When did we play seoem great football. When was it?

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

Let's calm down. We played some great football,  need to up the pace, get early crosses in, we'll be ok, have faith in our team and our manager, stop acting like the clowns over on Arsenal fan tv everyone.

Aside from the poor finishing, the terrible crosses, the lack of creativity and a defense that went to pieces the only two times they were called upon we did well!

Deary me. Both the players and Lampard. All three midfield players were really poor.. Mount in particular was awful and Lampard left him on far too long. Against a team playing like Newcastle were it is pointless having Jorginho on the park. Not his fault, it's just the way he plays offers little to break down a well organised defence. A few lofted passes to wingers and a collection of shuffling passes is never going to threaten a team sitting back. We need to find an option for games like that without Jorginho playing, an option that adds tempo and pushes the team forward.

The front three weren't helped by how crowded they were and how little help they got from Mount and Kante but f**k they have to do better than that.

Just now, PhilH930 said:

Its so predictable with Chelsea.  A blind man can see this result coming from a mile away.  Ofcourse he hadn't scored for a year, yet alone this season.  Come play Chelsea, we'll make a hero out of you.

Kepa is absolutely f**king sh*t.  I'm sorry, but he is just sh*t.  He's a poor mans Kevin Hitchcock, who I liked.

How many times did we have a chance to cross or get in behind yet we stopped or played the wrong pass. 

We don't deserve top four losing 8 games now, or is it 9.  I lose count.  

Which relegation battling team can we help out next?

Arsenal at this rate x)

Football - the only sport that the players didn't evolve the last 5-10 years. Goalies were about savings not footwork and commanding, CB were about tackling and actually defending, not being soft chickens, full backs were about crossing and running, the midfielders were about shooting from distance and making assists, wingers were about dribbling and crossing and forwards about scoring. 

I'll get criticised for this, but as soon as I saw the lineup I worried that this might be a draw or a loss. Hence why I literally hedged my bets 10 minutes before kickoff. Silver lining to a pathetic day.

I can't understand why Frank started Kante when we're playing Arsenal shortly, against a side that was always likely to park the bus, when we've struggled to break down sides before with him in the pivot.

Edited by DaRick

Just now, BordeauxBlue said:

It still is the roman era? 

We have a serious problem breaking down parked busses. That much is obvious.

Hence why i said any of the managers in the roman era would have been in trouble with these results. Frank is a lucky boy, cos at the moment he looks out of his depth.

Just now, loz said:

Against a team playing like Newcastle were it is pointless having Jorginho on the park. Not his fault, it's just the way he plays offers little to break down a well organised defence.

Kante is the issue, not Jorginho.

Jorginho and Kovacic were outplaying every midfield before Lampard started tinkering and messed things up.

Our set pieces are poor defensively and offensively, nobody that can really score from outside the box, our crossing is pathetic except one player, one flank is effectively useless in attack, nobody makes overlapping runs or drives to the byline. And god only knows why Michy keeps getting game time. Id prefer Tammy on one leg that Michy on 2 leading the attack.

We looked good when teams played an open game against us in the first 15 games. But everyone has realized that we are brittle in defence (add to that a dodgy goalkeeper) and one dimensional in attack, all the opposition needs to do is stack the defence and see us crumble.

Ugh, far too many of these sorts of results, deserved defeats with the poor performances the team have been giving in matches like this one against Newcastle, as well as Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham etc.

We're lucky that Manchester United, Arsenal and Spurs are all struggling with inconsistency too, only reason we are still in top 4, for now.

It's a transition season sure and some inconsistency to be expected, but serious work needed urgently to fix our shocking performances against too many lower and mid-table teams.

2 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

I don't think people are acting like clowns. There is a genuine concern especially since most of the games we've dropped points this season have all followed the same patter. We play great football, can't score, and then the other team ends up scoring on their only opportunity. It's completely justified for fans to criticize/complain.