Jump to content

coco

Newcastle vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 18th Jan 17:30 GMT


Recommended Posts

So frustrating. All that possession. But in the final third we try and be too fancy. Little training flicks here and there. For f**ks sake, what about running fast, beating players, taking shots. No I think I’ll do another flick instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, The Rising Sun said:

Yep I do...seen some great football from our team this season, this is a young team , we are supposed to be supporters, the vitriol on here against our team is over the top it's only a few weeks ago that we beat Arsenal and Spurs it's the same team and manager. I 've seen us win the Champions I league and I've seen us relegated, but I've always got behind our team.

Spurs i will give you but please the Arsenal game was a similar pattern where we would never have scored again for all our possesion until Leno gave us a goal and gave us the impetus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RickUK said:

sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, little dink, backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards, little flick, backwards, sideways, little dink - cleared.  Every time.  mind numbing

Spot on, 10 minutes to go and no urgency. Played 90 minutes like it was a training game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank has f**ked up today plain and simple, he got it wrong again with Kante-Jorginho and all of us voiced that concern before the game.

I feel some of our young players became complacent because Frank. continues to played them despite of bad form ( CHO, Mount, etc)

New faces are needed to revitalize the squad, we must spend in January.

As much as i am very disappointed in Frank and the players today, it's a learning curve and a building process.

For those interested in putting things into perspective, Klopp finished 8th/ 4th / 4th/ 2nd in the previous 4 ( four !! ) seasons while building his current team.

Maybe we can grace Frankie  with some time and patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, charierre said:

When we play like Arsenal what do you expect?

What I would LIKE / though sadly don’t expect is for our fans to moan less, think less about what we don’t have and appreciate more what we do have. We’re not as bad as we think when we’re losing and we’re not as good as we think when we’re winning. The margins are finer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet again a team sets up to stifle us and gains the upper hand. Not a first eleven but a team lacking 6 regulars has been drilled to play to our weakness... a lack of a killer punch. Today we had good opportunities but either chose the wrong option or our finishing was woeful. Simply not good enough for a team with our lofty expectations. Without reinforcements top four is likely to peter out , eight defeats already mostly against weaker opposition tells its own story. Goals win games and mistakes lose matches , lessons have to be learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BadBlue said:

Frank has f**ked up today plain and simple, he got it wrong again with Kante-Jorginho and all of us voiced that concern before the game.

I feel some of our young players became complacent because Frank. continues to played them despite of bad form ( CHO, Mount, etc)

New faces are needed to revitalize the squad, we must spend in January.

As much as i am very disappointed in Frank and the players today, it's a learning curve and a building process.

For those interested in putting things into perspective, Klopp finished 8th/ 4th / 4th/ 2nd in the previous 4 ( four !! ) seasons while building his current team.

Maybe we can grace Frankie  with some time and patience.

He needs to start dropping Mount 100%. 

CHO has had two decent games beforehand though, it was a good move to play him this time, unfortunately he had a poor game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BadBlue said:

Frank has f**ked up today plain and simple, he got it wrong again with Kante-Jorginho and all of us voiced that concern before the game.

I feel some of our young players became complacent because Frank. continues to played them despite of bad form ( CHO, Mount, etc)

New faces are needed to revitalize the squad, we must spend in January.

As much as i am very disappointed in Frank and the players today, it's a learning curve and a building process.

For those interested in putting things into perspective, Klopp finished 8th/ 4th / 4th/ 2nd in the previous 4 ( four !! ) seasons while building his current team.

Maybe we can grace Frankie  with some time and patience.

correct, we are learning and there will be teething problems.  But its January now and i hoped some of the errors would have been spotted.  He has to start dropping the youth where its deserved.,  I say youth because it feels sometimes like Frank is afraid to criticise or drop them.  Quite happy chopping and changing the older guard, though.   CHo, Mount and Tammy will start the next game when based on today, neither deserve to.  Tammy kinda has to as he is better than Michy right now.  But I'd be starting Pulisic or Pedro over CHO.  And Kova over Mount, every single week tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Spurs i will give you but please the Arsenal game was a similar pattern where we would never have scored again for all our possesion until Leno gave us a goal and gave us the impetus.

True. I'm was disappointed as anyone else, it's just some of the reactions on here are not really what I expect from our fans, maybe fans of today are like tha t but I'm from a generation that took these results with a bit more fortitude. Anyway win or lose , UP ThE BLUES

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

I used to not believe it but Hazard WAS Chelsea. We are painfully average without him and our league position flatters us. 

We actually had worse results at Newcastle with him in the team lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dean said:

What I would LIKE / though sadly don’t expect is for our fans to moan less, think less about what we don’t have and appreciate more what we do have. We’re not as bad as we think when we’re losing and we’re not as good as we think when we’re winning. The margins are finer.

Football is about passion, if we as fans  cease to not care about performances we might as well stop watching a game we all love. Today we weren't very good no matter what you might tell yourself for all our huffing and puffing we rarely looked liked scoring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

True. I'm was disappointed as anyone else, it's just some of the reactions on here are not really what I expect from our fans, maybe fans of today are like tha t but I'm from a generation that took these results with a bit more fortitude. Anyway win or lose , UP ThE BLUES

 

Our expectations have increased in line with the over inflated wage packets of the players. Comparing 40 yrs ago ( and I've been watching over 50) is chalk and cheese to today. Lets not kid ourselves the older times weren't all that good sometimes and fans did moan...only in the pubs after the match or on the way home on the coach. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dean said:

What I would LIKE / though sadly don’t expect is for our fans to moan less, think less about what we don’t have and appreciate more what we do have. We’re not as bad as we think when we’re losing and we’re not as good as we think when we’re winning. The margins are finer.

Spot on mate,  young team young manager, still 4th and some of the people on here are going mental. Win or lose, up the Blues !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, charierre said:

Football is about passion, if we as fans  cease to not care about performances we might as well stop watching a game we all love. Today we weren't very good no matter what you might tell yourself for all our huffing and puffing we rarely looked liked scoring. 

I agree it was disappointing. I said so and some of the selection I don’t understand. I do get where you’re coming from about passion, especially on a match day.  It just gets me a bit when the disappointment crosses over into entitled/throwing the toys out the pram/‘we need to spend £400 million now!” territory... especially as many fans at the beginning of the season said they were willing to give Lampard and the youngsters time and would tolerate some volatility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at least frank has now acknowledged we need to strengthen in attack.  Suspect a striker might arrive before the 31st then

 

(from the bbc website)

Frank Lampard speaking with Sky Sports: "We know we have problems at the top of the pitch in terms of we dont get enough goals. If you dont score you are always liable for a sucker punch and they got it.

"If we are looking for people to bring in to the areas to win games when you are controlling it, it is scoring goals.

"We cant work anymore in training on finishing. You need to have that killer instinct in front of goal. We need to score more goals from front-line areas if we are going to get to where we want to be.

"Its quite clear from what I am saying now that we know where we need to strengthen but we shall see."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating yet not totally unexpected either.

Goal was disappointing thought Rudiger maybe could have done better to clear, Kepa got a hand to the header though could not keep it out.

Before we tried hard yet laboured, we had chances, Willian’s miss from his left foot probably the best yet others where someone had a shot yet there was a better chance on.  Decision making and poor execution let us down in this match.

With the set up today the ball went wide and until Emerson came on late we never had decent delivery from the left. People have contradicted me on this when I have said neither Willian or CHO have a decent left sided delivery, they predictably cut-in and ran into road blocks.

On the right although Reece and makes an accurate delivery, every time today he stopped the ball looked up took a step forward and crossed and nearly every time Tammy could not get near it, too predictable.

Not sure what the situation with Kovacic is yet he offers a chance to attack through the middle rather than just predictability down the sides.

Also, if Barkley had come on earlier perhaps we might have done better with the free-kick(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

 

Anchored to his line as usual. 70m pounds we paid! From Cech and Courtois to that and in a season where Alisson moved and we didn't even make a bid!

But he's good at passing though!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dean said:

I agree it was disappointing. I said so and some of the selection I don’t understand. I do get where you’re coming from about passion, especially on a match day.  It just gets me a bit when the disappointment crosses over into entitled/throwing the toys out the pram/‘we need to spend £400 million now!” territory... especially as many fans at the beginning of the season said they were willing to give Lampard and the youngsters time and would tolerate some volatility.

I haven't seen anyone calling for Lamps head. The young players will be inconsistent though have to be judged on what they produce like any other professional otherwise we are actually doing them a disservice on their abilities. They have been picked for the team on merit over more established players and will be praised when they produce,  unfortunately when they don't they have to expect criticism. That is part of the learning process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We dominated the game by all means. Like Frankie said that's football! Our attack is the problem here, we have the youth that is not experienced for these games yet so these matches are bound to happen a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...