Lewis Dunk has a dog called Didier

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Mentioned in The Times apparently. 

never noticed hiim. Then we have rudigier,tomori, Zouma and Christensen.  So 5 central defenders when we need at most 4. I get that great teams have a great spine wasn’t that what shankley or paisley said? Even so...

Edited by ozboy

1 minute ago, big blue said:

£50m, totally unproven at the very highest level. 

Decent player, but i wouldnt sacrifice any of our 4 to bring him in, and 5 centre backs is overkill.

I agree he is not worth it at that price. If he was available at a lower price (like the bargain price we got Cahill for) I would say he would be a good addition to the squad. But he is currently one of Brighton's best players so why would they let him go on the cheap. If we are looking for a defender from Brighton Ben White would probably be better value. 

Just now, forbzy said:

I agree he is not worth it at that price. If he was available at a lower price (like the bargain price we got Cahill for) I would say he would be a good addition to the squad. But he is currently one of Brighton's best players so why would they let him go on the cheap. If we are looking for a defender from Brighton Ben White would probably be better value. 

Ive not seen white play, but in all honesty, i wouldnt sign a centre back unless they were absolutely top drawer. We have 4 decent centre backs, Rudiger and Zouma are entering their prime, Tomori and Christiansen are still developing. 

Then we also have Clarke-Salter who captains england u21's, and we have guehi who looks quality aswell. Either of those 2 could have a similar season to White in the next 18 months. 

We hsvent looked great at times defensively this season, but i wouldnt say it has necessarily been down to the centre backs. Set pieces will always be an issue whilst kepa is here, because he cant dominate his 6 yard box, let alone the area. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Ive not seen white play, but in all honesty, i wouldnt sign a centre back unless they were absolutely top drawer. We have 4 decent centre backs, Rudiger and Zouma are entering their prime, Tomori and Christiansen are still developing. 

Then we also have Clarke-Salter who captains england u21's, and we have guehi who looks quality aswell. Either of those 2 could have a similar season to White in the next 18 months. 

We hsvent looked great at times defensively this season, but i wouldnt say it has necessarily been down to the centre backs. Set pieces will always be an issue whilst kepa is here, because he cant dominate his 6 yard box, let alone the area. 

Clark-Salter is still young but I haven't been overly impressed when I have watched him play. Certainly he hasn't caught the eye like Tomori. I agree about Guehi though. He certainly looks like a player who can eventually be important for us and the loan at Swansea should be great for his development. A lot probably depends on Christensen. I know there have been doubts over him this season and he has been linked with a move away. If that was to happen we would certainly need a replacement and in that scenario I would think Ake or White would be decent options.

I agree with you about Kepa. I am hoping some of his current weaknesses are down to his age and inexperience but I am yet to be entirely convinced. I also think we will benefit signifcantly in defense if we can sign a top class left back. 

2 hours ago, forbzy said:

Clark-Salter is still young but I haven't been overly impressed when I have watched him play. Certainly he hasn't caught the eye like Tomori. I agree about Guehi though. He certainly looks like a player who can eventually be important for us and the loan at Swansea should be great for his development. A lot probably depends on Christensen. I know there have been doubts over him this season and he has been linked with a move away. If that was to happen we would certainly need a replacement and in that scenario I would think Ake or White would be decent options.

I agree with you about Kepa. I am hoping some of his current weaknesses are down to his age and inexperience but I am yet to be entirely convinced. I also think we will benefit signifcantly in defense if we can sign a top class left back. 

Going on loan to Swansea pretty much finished Josh McEachran. He's never been remotely as good as he was before that loan. Tammy had a tough time time there, too, but it obviously did him good.

13 hours ago, ozboy said:

Mentioned in The Times apparently. 

never noticed hiim. Then we have rudigier,tomori, Zouma and Christensen.  So 5 central defenders when we need at most 4. I get that great teams have a great spine wasn’t that what shankley or paisley said? Even so...

Keep adding to that spine and it's going to grow a tail!

17 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Its just typical lazy reporting.

Lewis Dunk - Chelsea Fan, dog called Didier.

Chelsea possibly looking to trigger Ake release clause = Chelsea need a CB.

Lewis Dunk is a Chelsea fan and is a CB...wait, hang on. Chelsea must be interested in Lewis Dunk.

Supposedly we have now cooled our interest in Ake.

• 5 months later...

I say buy this guy and sell Christensen

I know I know, why sell an internationally recognised CB-talent at 24 for an almost 29 y o no-namer in a potentially par-for-par deal?

But guess what, Christensen will most likely never fulfill his apparent potential for us and this no-namer is actually a really good PL defender. He'd make us immediately more stable and stronger, particularly in the air, and his passing looks great. Let's not forget that Brighton has the 9th best defense of the league, conceding only one goal more than us (might look different after Thursday).

Since Van Dijk everyone is convinced that there is no route to success without a 90m centre half, but I think this guy could actually be an intriguing addition to our back line. Now it doesn't look like Brighton will be relegated, but maybe Corona could make them a bit more reasonable on their valuation.