Other old stuff.

bluehaze

Image result for jacky robertson rangersPerhaps the most noteable occasion the Rosebery colours were worn was in 1900. Scotland defeated England 4-1. Lord Rosebery told the Scotland captain Jacky Robertson, "I have never seen my colours so well sported since Ladas won the Derby." Queen’s Park’s Robert S. McColl (who went on to set up a chain of sweet shops, earning the nickname ’Toffee Bob’) scored a hat-trick.

Jacky Robertson in  Scotland colours.

The picture looks like a Scotland jersey but in the Lord Rosebury colours.

The 5th Earl Rosebery was a patron of the game and Hon. President of the SFA and of Hearts F.C.

His colours were first worn in 1881, and then in 1900, 1901, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908 and 1909.

They were revived in 1949, and last used in 1951 against France.

Hope this is what you are looking for on this thread.

50 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Image result for jacky robertson rangersPerhaps the most noteable occasion the Rosebery colours were worn was in 1900. Scotland defeated England 4-1. Lord Rosebery told the Scotland captain Jacky Robertson, "I have never seen my colours so well sported since Ladas won the Derby." Queen’s Park’s Robert S. McColl (who went on to set up a chain of sweet shops, earning the nickname ’Toffee Bob’) scored a hat-trick.

Jacky Robertson in  Scotland colours.

The picture looks like a Scotland jersey but in the Lord Rosebury colours.

The 5th Earl Rosebery was a patron of the game and Hon. President of the SFA and of Hearts F.C.

His colours were first worn in 1881, and then in 1900, 1901, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908 and 1909.

They were revived in 1949, and last used in 1951 against France.

Hope this is what you are looking for on this thread.

No because no one on here will know who he is without googling him and that shirt has nothing to do with Chelsea erks. Someone who played for Chelsea in 1905 is not of much interest to me to be honest a picture of Ron Harris in what looks like a Stoke top that Scott posted is.

Edited by bluehaze

3 hours ago, bluehaze said:

No because no one on here will know who he is without googling him and that shirt has nothing to do with Chelsea erks. Someone who played for Chelsea in 1905 is not of much interest to me to be honest a picture of Ron Harris in what looks like a Stoke top that Scott posted is.

Fair enough.

5 hours ago, bluehaze said:

Brentford  not Stoke Chopper in 1980 after he left Chelsea  became player/manager of Brentford,  but you all knew that right.

17 minutes ago, Scott said:

Brentford  not Stoke Chopper in 1980 after he left Chelsea  became player/manager of Brentford,  but you all knew that right.

I completely forgot as it goes !. I was at his last game against Oldham in 1980 I've never heard the Shed sing someone's name so loudly.

I remember watching the highlights on The Big Match don't know why we didn't wear our home kit.  Don't know about everyone else but we had a black and white telly in 1978 and I thought when a game was televised one team had to wear dark tops.

EO6gThAWoAAoFGK.jpg

On 17/01/2020 at 06:30, Jezz said:

Love the 1998/1999 team as we dared to dream about winning the title, which is something many of us had never experienced beforehand.

We were as good as the Manchester United treble team and Arsenal team that season.

It's a shame we started the season slow, and who can forget Steve Guppy breaking sour hearts towards the end of the season.

If Guppy's fluke had ended up bouncing down the Fulham Road towards the station, as it surely would have done the other 99 times out of a 100, and Babayaro hadn't hit the bar late in the game at Old Trafford, we'd have been champions, it really was that close. We would have finished on 79 points, the same as Utd, but the 2 potential points dropped against us had Celestine scored would have been enough.

1 hour ago, bluehaze said:

The best game of 83-84. Pat Nevin waltzing through the Geordies , Keegan not getting a kick all game and Terry McDermott reacting to the stick he was getting from the benches.

10188527295_7299f41543_b.jpg

One of my favourite ever home games. He was a chippy bastard McDermott. Can’t remember who he had a spat with when he was Keegans assstant at Newcastle- might have been Alan Hudson for some strange reason?

Anyway, he said to him  “ put your medals on the table”. 

Only a twat of a man would come out with a line like that 

Edit: Just checked online it was Hudson. Bit off topic but according to Kerry Dixon, in 83/84, when him and Micky Droy weren’t picked, which was pretty much all the time, they used to hit the bar in the second half.

Edited by Ewell CFC

48 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

One of my favourite ever home games. He was a chippy bastard McDermott. Can’t remember who he had a spat with when he was Keegans assstant at Newcastle- might have been Alan Hudson for some strange reason?

Anyway, he said to him  “ put your medals on the table”. 

Only a twat of a man would come out with a line like that 

Edit: Just checked online it was Hudson. Bit off topic but according to Kerry Dixon, in 83/84, when him and Micky Droy weren’t picked, which was pretty much all the time, they used to hit the bar in the second half.

Liverpool had almost a team of geezers with moustaches and perms or one or the other. Souness, McDermott, David Johnson, Alan Kennedy, Grobbelaar, Lawrenson, Rush, Case, Heighway I'm sure they signed John Wark just to add to the numbers 😀

Liverpool had almost a team of geezers with moustaches and perms or one or the other. Souness, McDermott, David Johnson, Alan Kennedy, Grobbelaar, Lawrenson, Rush, Case, Heighway I'm sure they signed John Wark just to add to the numbers 😀

"Calm down, Calm down"

Tashes on their top lips, and chips on their shoulders, once a horrible little Scouser, always a horrible little scouser

On 23/01/2020 at 09:17, bluehaze said:

Mural in Belgrade.

DVnlG9aVoAEOM1z.jpg

EOt5vY4XkAM7bgy.jpg

For some of us with a 5 at the front of our age, he was a bit of an icon, remember I used to have a long sleeve red plain PE shirt at school and would wear that and those Chelsea shorts down the park with those keeper gloves, obviously when there was enough of us for a match, I would do the Peter Borota dribble out!! Even when I played men's football  still couldn't resist the odd taking the piss out of the centre forward dribble!! One time I did it and I heard someone in crowd say its Peter Borota, that was only about 20 years ago, so his legend lives on