Other old stuff.

On 16/02/2020 at 09:23, Ewell CFC said:

Brings back memories of football specials. The rolling stock was a lot more dated than the Inter City 125. ( Inter City was more open plan whereas the specials I remember tended to have those litttle individual compartments where two rows of seats faced each other- quite intimate a bit like being in a front room)

Last time I got a train north to watch Chelsea was in the Cup v Everton in 2005- Cant remember whether the club organised the train or not- what I do recall was Cath getting in an argument with someone coming back which led to the train being held at Crewe for ages- it got a bit out of hand and someone pulled the communication cord.

The picture reminds me of a special up North and coming home after getting thrashed and thinking why the hell am I doing supporting this team of muppets.

Of course a fortnight later and off you go again.

On 23/02/2020 at 09:05, bluehaze said:

I'm posting these again just in case anyone missed them on the vintage section best pictures I've seen of Chelsea from that era.

EFEsb-wVAAAlZy0.jpg

EFEvvw9UwAI0SVf.jpg

EFExh2VUEAAjSLh.jpg

EFH_emdVAAEQZuH.jpg

EFH4afbVUAAP1bG.jpg

EFH6qm8VAAAbUG_.jpg

EFH8qoDU8AIqQ1f.jpg

EFHpqCmUEAUz1ho.jpg

EFHsSZLVUAEoYPI.jpg

EFH-KBjVUAAJmiP.jpg

Second from bottom pic- queuing at turnstiles- the chap at the far left with a cheque shirt and two toned shoes, was in the group photo of old Shed boys taken on Eel Brook Common ( David Nicholson's archive)

In fashion terms I'd say he's moved on from Suedehead to Smoothy 

3 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Second from bottom pic- queuing at turnstiles- the chap at the far left with a cheque shirt and two toned shoes, was in the group photo of old Shed boys taken on Eel Brook Common ( David Nicholson's archive)

In fashion terms I'd say he's moved on from Suedehead to Smoothy 

Smoothy ? never heard of that.