Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Tue 21st Jan 20:15 GMT

Also this talk of top 10 would be good enough is nonsense. 

We have a squad clearly capable of top 4 especially the way the teams behind Liverpool have been dropping points. 

No one expected trophies but to beat teams like Villa at home and a team playing with 10 men for 70 minutes who are on worse shape than us? It's not a huge ask and if we are struggling now God help us when the rest of the teams around us start getting into some form. Honeymoon period is over and we are making the same amateurish mistakes every other week and not learning basic lessons. Doesn't matter who's the manager that will catch up with you 

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

We had a good thing going before the International break and ever since Frank started tinkering, the balance and rhythm of the team has been upset. Now I don't even think things will revert back to the way they were if he switched things back. Its going to be a mountain to climb for the rest of the season if we keep playing like this.

Yep, like I said earlier, I would've took losing to Arsenal and Spurs away if it meant we beat all the other teams like we were comfortably doing before the international break, it's a mess now, disorganisation everywhere, shoehorning Kante into the team has been a massive mistake, and 10 days left untilt he transfer window and we still haven't signed a left back. 

3 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

I don't see either goal being on Kepa

I agree.

The first goal was a combination of poor organisation for the corner (too many players committed forwards) and Kante slipping.  Martinelli took it very well as well.

The second goal was great skill and technique from Bellerin, with nobody closing him down.

I'd still like a new and bigger keeper though ... 🙂

4 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What is Lampard to do? Sub himself on and score. The players need to take some f**king accountability. We had the chances to win the game. The fact the players didn’t take them is on them. Lampard made changes to win the game, went two up front. Brought on Mount and Barkley two more attacking midfielders. Kepa can’t save anything but our alternative is an aging Willy. Kante slopping is that lampards fault too? Calling for his head is embarrassing.

people were saying top 10 was success at the start of the season and now there’s people wanting his head when we’re in the top 4. A bit of perspective.

What is Lampard to do?  Do subs early on - everyone in this thread saw the need, but not Frank.

Maybe Frank is a nice and polite guy, but it counts for f**k all in football.

1 minute ago, Stas1 said:

What is Lampard to do?  Do subs early on - everyone in this thread saw the need, but not Frank.

Maybe Frank is a nice and polite guy, but it counts for f**k all in football.

You might have a case, and I agree he waited too long to make subs. But when they did come on the subs hardly made a difference in our favour.

Disappointing result. To win the lead back and then lose it again speaks to our struggles and mentality. Looking at that game we've become Arsenal. Tippy tapping around the edges with no end product.

In positive news I though CHO looked most dangerous.  He and Dave were the ones who looked most likely.

Edited by Spiller86

I don’t get what people want frank to do, we are dominating games, with half our team being the youth squad and still in 4th, what is it you want, he had to push for a second goal, it’s all individual errors and toothless attacking how can he effect that, it’s fuxking stupid blaming the manager. We have been doing the same sh*t from mourinho days, just stale toothless attacking, he actually fixed that we were scoring for fun but we have reverted. Who would have done a better job with what he has been given?? 

We're still fourth, so I can only try and imagine how poor the Premier League has become. We've got an awful squad, worst since the 80's (and yet nowhere near as likeable as they were) and we've got a club legend at the helm who appears to have the managerial skills of a Sunday league coach, or John Hollins.

But hey ho, they're all on a hundred grand a week and I've got to get up and go to work at 6:30 tomorrow.

Weakest Chelsea side in years. Lacking in quality and the bollocks to see things through when things are tough.

The attitude was terrible after the red card, we went down a gear, something that should never happen. I have been saying for years that there is a mentality issue at this club. There is an arrogance about us, like we feel we can just coast our way through games and win, our performance after their red card was another example of this.

Watching us trying to create one decent opportunity is torture. Emerson can't cross for sh*t, Willian does f**k all but pass the ball on to somebody else, half of the team just stroll around and pass side to side, Kante can't do anything anymore, including stay on his feet to make a simple tackle, Christiansen is the weakest cb I have ever seen, Rudiger is too busy shouting at the rest of the team instead of concentrating on his own game, Azpilicueta is looking pissed off with everything every time I see him, Kepa can't save anything, and Abraham looks like Bambi on ice in recent weeks. It's like the whole team have just shut down and stopped playing like a team. This happens at the same times of the year, every year, and I'm tired of it. 

I didn't expect much from us this season because I didn't think we had enough quality, but the one thing I did expect was for us to really dig deep and become a proper team again instead of just a bunch of individuals.

Edited by Scott Harris
Just now, SFL82 said:

I don’t get what people want frank to do, we are dominating games, with half our team being the youth squad and still in 4th, what is it you want, he had to push for a second goal, it’s all individual errors and toothless attacking how can he effect that, it’s fuxking stupid blaming the manager. We have been doing the same sh*t from mourinho days, just stale toothless attacking, he actually fixed that we were scoring for fun but we have reverted. Who would have done a better job with what he has been given?? 

At this point after losing so many points we are only 4th because the overall level of the league has taken a big nose dive.