Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Tue 21st Jan 20:15 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

I still think our best midfield trio under Lampard is Kova/Jorgi/Mount. That has been our most successful combination. However Mount has been getting a fair amount of abuse on here in recent weeks, and I can understand why he went for the more experienced 3 for the Arsenal game. Barkley did well against Burnley and probably had a case for starting against Newcastle but it doesn't seem to take much for people to turn on him here either.

I'd like to see him play Jorginho, Barkley and Mount more. That trio in midfield has 3 wins out of 3 in the PL ... all home wins and no goals conceded.

21 minutes ago, Salato said:

100 per cent, to think the sort of defensive reputation Chelsea used to have, now we seem to always give opposition teams opportunities almost every game we seem susceptible.

It makes me so annoyed. It's like we have thrown away everything that made us so successful for so long and turned ourselves into any Arsenal team from the past 15 years. There are too many players more concerned about fancy flicks and pointless risky passing from our own penalty area. There is nobody willing to do the hard work, get a kick from winning a 50/50, over power the opposition with strength, throw your body on the line for the win. I cringe every time I see our players shy away from a 50/50, you would never see that a few years ago, Christensen did it today when he got booked, it's cowardly. I also get furious when I see us strolling around and passing around our own penalty area in the last 5 or 10 minutes when we should be trying to force the win. Show some f**king urgency and commitment and get the ball up the field.

This club has forgotten what it was that made us so good for so long.

Look at the positives. We now have the magic 40 points, so no relegation. Some of my mates actually thought we'd struggle near the bottom after losing Hazard and being handicapped by this transfer ban.

We're still 4th. Big 3 games coming up against Leicester, Utd and Spurs, if we can win 2 of those games we'll be in good shape to finish in the top 4.

17 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

It's not unlucky, counter attacks this season are causing much bigger problems to us in comparison to the last season. Kante slipping there could have been Jorginho or Barkley or anyone else the point is that we have no clue how to defend. I imagine all Kante haters are very happy after this f**king game.

You do realise that nobody actually hates Kante right? All people have done is criticise his performances. 

Just now, Sexyfootball said:

If you'd have been offered 4 points out of 6 against Arsenal at the start of the season, you'd probably have taken that.

And we got a point tonight. We drew 2-2 ... we didn't lose ... onwards and upwards !

Yeah it really isn’t so bad. The one man advantage cuts both ways. I have enough experience to know never to celebrate when the other team has a player sent off. I do find the lack of faith of some members.... disturbing.

The thing about the keeper as well is that he is just not good enough.

I knw that I have stated before that I don't rate him and despite what many on here have said I don't think he has done well tonight either.

Personally I think he should have done better, but i'll concede he hasn't had any howlers tonight.

But that's the point, its not about howlers, it about general standard. I could play in our midfield and probably not make any major f**k ups, but I would never get signed by Lampard, why. Because I am not good enough, end of.

Even without howlers, throwing the ball and costing us goal this keeper ca still not be good enough. His stats are appalling and he has done nothing to stop the trend tonight. The stats will still say two shots, two goals.

Not good enough.

16 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Lots of crap performances tonight but none worse than frank and his backroom staff. For experienced ex pros, frank and Jody’s game management was terrible. What was that against 10 men? Why no subs until after the equalised? Who set up that defensive set-up from our own corner  where an opponent can run the length of the pitch unchallenged...what happened when Tammy is clearly injured and no-one is shouting to the players to kick the ball out? Fcuk me. Amateur hour

EXACTLY

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Yeah it really isn’t so bad. The one man advantage cuts both ways. I have enough experience to know never to celebrate when the other team has a player sent off. I do find the lack of faith of some members.... disturbing.

Give over, please - we got your point 20 pages back.

9 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Look at the positives. We now have the magic 40 points, so no relegation. Some of my mates actually thought we'd struggle near the bottom after losing Hazard and being handicapped by this transfer ban.

We're still 4th. Big 3 games coming up against Leicester, Utd and Spurs, if we can win 2 of those games we'll be in good shape to finish in the top 4.

Very true, but it's a taking candy away from a baby situation. Just like it was today, 1-0 with a red card for Arsenal in the first 20 minutes, lovely jubbly, and it all goes to sh*te. We were flying this season in top 4, rumours of Sancho interested, Lampard playing with style, and it's going down the sh*t pan. 

After this performance, I no longer have confidence we are getting top 4, there's no character in this team and I know for a fact we'll be playing with the same predictable team against Leicester next. 

Perspective is important I agree, but it definitely hurts more when you're in the driving seat and you have to watch us tip the car upside down before the finishing line. 

32 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I imagine all Kante haters are very happy after this f**king game.

Nobody is a Kante hater but I'm sure that's aimed at me. 

No mate I'm f**king gutted, I'm absolutely gutted and I hate being right about it, I would honestly take us winning the game and you laughing in my face about it any day of the week, because I'll always prioritise this club over petty squabbles unlike others. I suggest you start doing the same and stop this stupid tribalism that's dividing the forum. 

24 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Sarri is probably in a dark room somewhere smoking and laughing at us as we speak. Or he doesn't give a sh*t he's first in his league and will probably do better than us in CL.

You act like Sarri was performing well with us, he wasn't, he was sh*t. He was saved by Hazard last season. Without Hazard, who knows where we would have ended up, definitely not top 4, that's for sure. I'm glad he's gone, we would never have progressed with him as manager, and him being top of Serie A proves nothing about his quality. If you're coach of Juventus, you're pretty much guaranteed to win the league seeing as they have won it 8 times in a row.

I'm lost for words, i think Tammy is excellent, but he never convinces me he can score in bunches, i am amazed if this is how Frank is coaching the team, i've being saying for seasons now, we seem to have an affliction to crossing early, (Reece honourable exception), willian frustrates the sh*te outta me, Kante is way off form, and never a wide attacking player, or wherever it is he plays, Where was the drive to get at them from the captain?, i'm truly shocked that this is the team managed by a true world of a player, this isn't his team yet, so he gets a few more passes, Kepa can f**k off out of Chelsea, A dominant Centre midfielder, who can play with Kova, an Equal to Tammy, not an understudy to him, Let willian go, get in Sancho, or Zaha, and make Rudiger captain+ plus as many videos of JT Marshalling and driving the team on.....Rant over, ((glad Newcastle conceded 2 in 94 and 96 or my life would be hell at work tomorrow))........

Just now, Scott Harris said:

You act like Sarri was performing well with us, he wasn't, he was sh*t. He was saved by Hazard last season. Without Hazard, who knows where we would have ended up, definitely not top 4, that's for sure. I'm glad he's gone, we would never have progressed with him as manager, and him being top of Serie A proves nothing about his quality. If you're coach of Juventus, you're pretty much guaranteed to win the league seeing as they have won it 8 times in a row.

And funnily enough, he's not guaranteed to win the league, even with Ronaldo. Conte has a good chance of winning it. 

12 minutes ago, Stas1 said:

Just saw Frank's post game talk. He says he was happy with the team dilly-dallying until half time. WTF? And then we are surprised why the players are chilled out on the verge of not giving a f**k.

Killer instinct my arse. 

Yeah, I saw that as well.

I thought he’d be fuming we didn’t go for the throat 1-0 up against 10 men but he seemed OK with it.

Very surprised by that.

A little bit of persective is required. As a squad we are nowhere near a top four side in the majority of seasons. It just so happens that this is one of those seasons when a ridiculous number of teams are struggling for form. It is giving us an open door to flatter to deceive

If you look back at the teams who have won the premier over the last decade or do, bar Leicester's freak year, only Kante and Azpilicueta, would possibly feature and even then only when they were in much better form than they are now.

James is clearly a talent with a lot of potential and CHO is showing some signs of improvement but be still has a long way to go to look a player of genuine top class potential.

The likes of Jorginho, Kovacic, Rudiger, Christensen, Mount, Barkley, Abraham would be nowhere near the first team of a title winning side. Some may get on the bench occasionally.

Then there is the likes of Kepa, Emerson and Batshuayi. They would be polishing other players boots. Emerson is the worst left sided sportsmen since Christy Brown competed for Ireland in the High jump.

I'm not including Pulisic on the list as I think he needs more time to prove himself either way though I suspect he will eventually prove to be a bit like Gronkjaer.

Pedro, Giroud and Willian get a bit of a free pass as to be fair their top flight careers are coming a gradual end.

This isn't a great squad, it isn't even a good squad. It needs a lot of investment if fans are going to be impatient or unrealistic.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He was top 3 in the league. Turned the whole team around with his tactics.Give credit where its due.

17 minutes ago, 2211 said:

Yeah, I saw that as well.

I thought he’d be fuming we didn’t go for the throat 1-0 up against 10 men but he seemed OK with it.

Very surprised by that.

That is definitely not what Klopp, Pep, Red nose, Mou, or any experienced coach would say, Franks honeymoon period is coming to a very naughty end, lets see what you got Frankie boy

Edited by Ballack & Blu

23 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

You do realise that nobody actually hates Kante right? All people have done is criticise his performances. 

You all wished him having a mare and he finally slipped. Now you actually have something real to bullsh*t about go ahead say how he cost us the win...shameless.