Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Sat 1st Feb 12:30 GMT

9 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Think for this one, I would go for speed in defence and also based on injuries to Reece and Tammy,

Kepa

Lamptey      Rudiger        Tomori         Emerson

Kante           Kovacic

Willian             Mount             CHO            

Bats

Bench:

Azpi, Barkley, Willy, Christensen, Jorginho

I suspect Lamptey won't feature as it looks like he is off to Lille. So probably Azpi at RB. I would prefer Alonso on the left but Emerson will probably start. I think Bats will definitely start up front unless Tammy makes a rapid recovery. Hopefully Bats can show he is worth a start by scoring a goal or 2. 

6 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I suspect Lamptey won't feature as it looks like he is off to Lille. So probably Azpi at RB. I would prefer Alonso on the left but Emerson will probably start. I think Bats will definitely start up front unless Tammy makes a rapid recovery. Hopefully Bats can show he is worth a start by scoring a goal or 2. 

You might be right and have the feeling Frank will start with Barkley.

Azpi is often fouling at RB at faster players and disguises it cleverly yet footy365 have picked up on it too, and if we can see it eventually refs will too and he will become like Ivanovic and fall swiftly,

Hopefully not this season. 

15 hours ago, Munkworth said:

They’re probably thinking it’s the perfect time to play us!

We are the perfect team to play when you need a result during a run of bad form, so frustrating to see us become whipping boys at times.

Edited by Malcolm9
On 30/01/2020 at 12:53, Zeta said:

I have it in my head that we are always sh*t in 12:30 kick-offs, but I don't know if i've made that up or not.

Me too. I'd love to see the actual stats. Anyone know of any source of those?

Many years ago, when we had a very young team under Eddie Mac, we had a horrific record in floodlit games, but barely lost any Saturday 3pm kick offs ( We did get stuffed 3-0 at Millwall, though).

On 30/01/2020 at 12:53, Zeta said:

I have it in my head that we are always sh*t in 12:30 kick-offs, but I don't know if i've made that up or not.

Don't say that mate, otherwise it will develop into some type of Self-fulfilling prophecy and the players will believe it is true. I have heard that we do really well in early kick-offs and this information needs to be shared more readily.

Biggest game of our season. It is really important that we don't play into Leicester's game, have all the ball and let them set up to counter which is their whole game. 

We need to be narrow and compact and ready to shut down any sniff of a counter. For me that means Jorginho rides the bench and Kante and Kovacic start. 

Kepa, James, Rudiger, Tomori, Azpilicueta, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Willian, CHO, Tammy.

19 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Me too. I'd love to see the actual stats. Anyone know of any source of those?

I had the same gut feeling as Zeta, so I had a look at the past four seasons (Conte 1, Conte 2, Sarri, Lampard), and specifically at 12:30 kickoffs. The early Saturday kickoffs the season prior to that seemed to be at 12:45.

The record is surprisingly good, in 15 games we won 10, drew 3 and lost 2, scoring 33 and conceding 16. Saying that, two of those draws and one defeat came in the past season and a half (i.e. Lampard and Sarri), in which we have only (so far) played five 12:30 kickoffs.

Edited by PloKoon13
Typo