Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Mon 17th Feb 20:00 GMT

Assuming we have the same players available who were available for the Leicester game and assuming Abraham is fully fit rather than Cybil Shepherd fit I'd play

Caballero
Azpilicueta
Rudiger
Tomori
James
Kante
Kovacic
Mount
Willian
Odoi
Abraham

If Abraham is still struggling then I'd pick Giroud

In recent years, our record against United has been average.

Our last win against them was in the 2018 FA Cup Final and the last PL victory against them was in November 2017.

I hope we can change this trend and record an important win. There's a lot on the line in this game.

The winter break will be a blessing as it will allow players like Mount and Abraham to recharge, we forget they are still young and inexperienced with the expectation on their shoulders.

Having Pulisic back will be great and hopefully Reuben to, his drive from midfield and ability to score are lacking in the current squad.

Edited by Malcolm9

Important to not lose this game. A win will give us some breathing space 9 points.

Team i would go with 

Kepa 

James Rudiger Tomori Azbi 

kante Jorginho Kova

Hudson Abraham Willy 

Subs Caba, Pulisic, giroud, Pedro, mount, christensen, alonso

52 minutes ago, Jezq8 said:

Important to not lose this game. A win will give us some breathing space 9 points.

Team i would go with 

Kepa 

James Rudiger Tomori Azbi 

kante Jorginho Kova

Hudson Abraham Willy 

Subs Caba, Pulisic, giroud, Pedro, mount, christensen, alonso

I agree with this formation and CHO and Willian should swop sides at various stages to keep our play dynamic

Willy

James  Rudiger  Tomori  Azpi

Jorginho     Kovacic

Barkley

William   Abraham    Mount

Subs: Giroud, Alonso, Christensen, Kepa, Kante

Comments:

Would expect Giroud to be on at the 70th min mark and have gone for Barkley as better forward passing, set piece delivery and when playing in midfield with the other two we seem to have better sequences of play for me. If we start to get overrun, Kante from the bench.

Edited by Strider6003

Massive game. We need to win.

Frank and the boys have 2,5 weeks to prepare for our 3 massive fixtures. I hope he goes into detail with the lads and really builds a good plan for these games.

Win Utd, draw Spurs and draw Bayern would be great.

Certainly winnable and with a favourable kick off time for this fixture. Expect a cracking atmosphere. 

These muppets have beaten us twice already this season so it would be good to see we’ve learnt from those games.

Teams below us chasing 4th have all strengthen their squads in the window and truly hope our decision to not strengthen is one we'll regret with Spurs at home in the same week.   

I am confident. 

Think we may want to adopted the low block ourselves in this one. United have struggled with it but manage to offer good results against sides that allow them to counter attack, like us on the opening day.

Being more realistic with my team selection idea and including a low block:

Willy Cab

James

Zouma

Tomori

Rudiger

Azpi

Kante

Kovacic

Mount

Willian

Giroud

Free role for Willian to chase United players as they come near the halfway line and support Giroud, who stays on their center backs for long balls, Kovacic and Mount to chase anyone down that hits halfway and in to our half, Kante to mop up any who get pass. Then a large back wall with pace to break down if United get passed the rest.

As United get worn down introduce Pulisic, CHO and Abraham to chase them down and go for a winner, replacing Mount, Willian and Giroud, moving Kovacic deeper to help Kante.

I’m yet to be at the Bridge to see us win this season so I’m thinking my luck has to change this time.
Been a fan since the early Prem years growing up surrounded by United fans so really can’t stand this mob. They’re nothing special now but then neither are we. 
Just win Chelsea.

I’m yet to be at the Bridge to see us win this season so I’m thinking my luck has to change this time.
Been a fan since the early Prem years growing up surrounded by United fans so really can’t stand this mob. They’re nothing special now but then neither are we. 
Just win Chelsea.
Dude stay away from the ground