coco

Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Mon 17th Feb 20:00 GMT

17 minutes ago, enigma said:

Yep. Blame the board for this. Could have built up a good team over the years, but instead they've wasted money on trash. 

Absolutely. We are in this situation due to the board and very little else. 

I've said it for years, this bloody board of ours should be put up against a wall. Why was there no investment in January after Frank repeatedly told them where we needed strengthening?

First disallowed goal was the height of hypocrisy, if you give a foul to disallow the goal surely then it should be a pen for what Fred did 🤷‍♂️

Second disallowed goal was correct, but unlucky for us, great play!

The absolute disgrace in this game is Maguire not being sent off, thats not to even mention that he scored their second goal, that decision completely changed the outcome of the game, the excuse the commentators suggested that he is not that kind of player is irrelevant. I'm not usually one to moan about the refs but this game we have been shafted.

Oh... and the Willian yellow 🤦‍♂️ ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, enigma said:

Can't wait until Loftus-Cheek is back. He is going to be big for us in this latter part of the season. Pulisic too. He was getting into some form before his injury. 

I'm not totally sure that there is a letter part of thsi season for us. That ship may have sailed. Our recent form is...questionable.

Well that was...actually entirely expected!
Only real positive was Kovacic for first 45 minutes and the fact that Caballero wasn't gash.

Otherwise not a lot to be positive about. Batshuayi, Pedro, Jorginho and Mount were really f**king terrible.

OK we got screwed on the Maguire red but that doesn't excuse how many players didn't show up at home against a team in competition with us for a CL spot.

Lampard will get it in the neck from some but with pulisic, CHO and Tammy injured his options are few and far between. Should have started Giroud for sure but other than that not a lot of other options. I do wonder why at 2 0 he didn't roll the dice and go with two up front no matter how poor Batshuayi is. Keeping Jorginho on at 2 down when is contributing nothing is utterly pointless.

This formation isn't working and that doesn't look like changing so Frank needs to find a plan B and have the bottle to try it and stick to it. Looking at he fixtures we gave coming up you can't see a team set up like we are, and playing with this lack of confidence winning any of the next 5 or 6 games. Time to roll the dice.

If Kante is fit then drop Jorginho and put Kante in front of the back four. This back four needs protection and Jorginho offers as much as the withdrawal technique does against teenage pregnancy.

I'd bring back Tomori and give Barkley a decent run alongside Kovacic. Not saying Barkley is great but Mount looks hideously out of sorts and therefore Barkley deserves a decent chance and not just the odd 20 minutes here and there.

And surely Giroud, whilst also average is a better option than Batshuayi.

If we don't pick up form fast, we could be falling out of the top 6 soon. The other teams around us are so close that if we drop points in the next couple of games, we could find ourselves 7th by then.

This could get very ugly by the time we play Bayern if we get spanked twice by them I can actually see some discontent in the stands coming

1 minute ago, loz said:

Well that was...actually entirely expected!
Only real positive was Kovacic for first 45 minutes and the fact that Caballero wasn't gash.

Otherwise not a lot to be positive about. Batshuayi, Pedro, Jorginho and Mount were really f**king terrible.

OK we got screwed on the Maguire red but that doesn't excuse how many players didn't show up at home against a team in competition with us for a CL spot.

Lampard will get it in the neck from some but with pulisic, CHO and Tammy injured his options are few and far between. Should have started Giroud for sure but other than that not a lot of other options. I do wonder why at 2 0 he didn't roll the dice and go with two up front no matter how poor Batshuayi is. Keeping Jorginho on at 2 down when is contributing nothing is utterly pointless.

This formation isn't working and that doesn't look like changing so Frank needs to find a plan B and have the bottle to try it and stick to it. Looking at he fixtures we gave coming up you can't see a team set up like we are, and playing with this lack of confidence winning any of the next 5 or 6 games. Time to roll the dice.

If Kante is fit then drop Jorginho and put Kante in front of the back four. This back four needs protection and Jorginho offers as much as the withdrawal technique does against teenage pregnancy.

I'd bring back Tomori and give Barkley a decent run alongside Kovacic. Not saying Barkley is great but Mount looks hideously out of sorts and therefore Barkley deserves a decent chance and not just the odd 20 minutes here and there.

And surely Giroud, whilst also average is a better option than Batshuayi.

Lots I agree with. But to me it really boils down to Batshuayi - opportunities any ‘striker’ should put away that would have changed the complexion of the game. Also I thought Pedro was one of our better (ok less bad) players.