Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Mon 17th Feb 20:00 GMT

Just now, RIP Mourinho said:

See i actually thought Willian wasn't shocking except his corners. 

Pedro is too slow to get behind his man now and isn't creative, giving it away on the edge of our box instead of a simple pass then giving away his freekick summed up his game for me.

Not shocking but gave it away more than I would have hoped.  Pedro did a lot of the hard graft, shame his only outlet for most of the match was MIchy, who was just sh*te.

1 minute ago, yorkleyblue said:

Not shocking but gave it away more than I would have hoped.  Pedro did a lot of the hard graft, shame his only outlet for most of the match was MIchy, who was just sh*te.

Yeah really not sure how Michy didn't finish that pull back from Mount, strikers wet dream.

Didn't think there was enough in the Maguire thing for a red. But the push decision for Zouma's goal was atrocious and whilst the Giroud one was technically correct, I really can't see how a striker can get that much of an advantage with half a toe being offside. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

His not left footed, Abraham wouldn't score that.

Oh come on. He's a professional footballer and a striker. If his left foot isn't as good as his right, then he should work on it and make it better. If I was given as much money as him to play football nearly every day, I would work on my weaker foot now and again to make sure it doesn't hold me back. 

9 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Oh for f**ks sake - we're 4th in the league.  Get a fucing grip.  Sacked by now!

I agree with all of that except for the bit about Pedro.  I thought he did OK tonight.   Oddly, my man Willian let me down a bit tonight.

Agree wholeheartedly re Pedro and Willian. 

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Didn't think there was enough in the Maguire thing for a red. But the push decision for Zouma's goal was atrocious and whilst the Giroud one was technically correct, I really can't see how a striker can get that much of an advantage with half a toe being offside. 

Worse than the Son one against us, consistency says it has to be a red. Not sure how VAR can give two different results for the exact same thing.

I don’t think Giroud could do 90 minutes, wasn’t good at it in his younger day, and I’d rather see him on second half. Unfortunately Frank has no other options up front but Bats who is clearly out of his depth. Defenders play with him like I do with my 5 year old grandson. I would like to see Giroud more coming on when Tammy starts.

Don't really think there was many options to buy forwards in Jan, don’t think Haaland was ever coming to us.

i know he has fans on here but I’m done with Jorginho. He’s weak and adds nothing positive, (wait on all the pointless stats). To me his game is, run towards CB and demand the ball. Give the ball to other CB or FB. Run towards that player and repeat. He sets the tempo for our team which is all wrong for the prem. Hope we sell in the summer.

Lampard getting a lot of sh*t on this forum and much has been his own doing but he has been dealt a shocker. Apart from the ban and losing his best player, Kanté has been injured a lot, Rudi long injury, RLC long injury, CHO long injury and never back to form, Kepa off form. All these things build up so I’d certainly like to see him given a few seasons with some proper transfers.

I’m going to keep it brief as I would like to consign that one to a dusty forgotten cupboard in my brain.

Firstly, it wasn’t much better than watching us under the bad days of Sarri - at least we had Hazard then.

The lack of cutting edge is painful. I’ll probably get pelters but I would like to see Alonso back for the options he gives us going forward - it’s not like Azpi is a great left back anyway. Feels like too much loyalty to the captain...

Giroud showed why we should trust him more as a second option to Tammy. Not just the goal/no goal, but also just making a nuisance of himself and linking play. The ball comes back way too quickly when sometimes we just need to control things and he helps us do that in my opinion.

Looks like I’m harping back to 2018, I know, but we need to try something different in my opinion. Look like a bunch of headless chickens sometimes and it showed today. Time for Super Frank to show us what he’s got...

I thought the opposite. I thought the Maguire one was clearly deliberate. Gravity doesn't pull your foot upwards in a groin direction!

I thought the Fred push was a little less blatant. Yes there was a small shove but not a full on hands on the back affair.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Oh come on. He's a professional footballer and a striker. If his left foot isn't as good as his right, then he should work on it and make it better. If I was given as much money as him to play football nearly every day, I would work on my weaker foot now and again to make sure it doesn't hold me back. 

How many players have a weaker foot as good as there strong foot? Not even Messi or Ronaldo can claim that. People forget this is a player who's confidence is shot, a replacement should have been brought in the winter transfer window. People now claiming Giroud is some star studded striker ffs, he cant even get past the 60th min mark.

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

How many players have a weaker foot as good as there strong foot? Not even Messi or Ronaldo can claim that. People forget this is a player who's confidence is shot, a replacement should have been brought in the winter transfer window. People now claiming Giroud is some star studded striker ffs, he cant even get past the 60th min mark.

Ronaldo and Messi would have scored from that chance though, Messi is left footed and Ronaldo's left foot is actually good when it comes to finishing he's automatic from that position. I mean Michy should be able to put that shot on target at the very least.

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Ronaldo and Messi would have scored from that chance though, Messi is left footed and Ronaldo's left foot is actually good when it comes to finishing he's automatic from that position. I mean Michy should be able to put that shot on target at the very least.

Now we are getting silly, of course two of the best players ever would have scored that chance. 

2 minutes ago, loz said:

I thought the Fred push was a little less blatant. Yes there was a small shove but not a full on hands on the back affair.

But technically by the book (like the offside goal) Azpilcueta should get a penalty for the Fred shove, it's all in favour of the defence, and that little incident proves it, yes they were slightly different shoves, but not clear and obvious different, if one shove is a foul, so is the other.

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

Probably none, but that isn't a good enough excuse for missing that chance. Weaker foot or not, he should be burying that chance. What are we supposed to do, not play a cross from the left just because Batshuayi can't use his left foot? His confidence may well be shot, but it's been shot for years now. If he can't pick himself up, then maybe he should just retire right now. 

10 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Oh for f**ks sake - we're 4th in the league.  Get a fucing grip.  Sacked by now!

I agree with all of that except for the bit about Pedro.  I thought he did OK tonight.   Oddly, my man Willian let me down a bit tonight.

What i meant and it didn't come out clearly in my message was: given Chelsea's history with sacking managers if someone else, not Frank would have been the manager, i wouldn't have been suprised if he was replaced by now. Our board has not been a patient one for so many years. 

That doesn't mean. I agree with it. It was just our reality for many years. 

But technically by the book (like the offside goal) Azpilcueta should get a penalty for the Fred shove, it's all in favour of the defence, and that little incident proves it, yes they were slightly different shoves, but not clear and obvious different, if one shove is a foul, so is the other.
Agreed. I was just saying I thought the Maguire one was the more blatant of the two.

5 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Now we are getting silly, of course two of the best players ever would have scored that chance. 

Well Michy is a striker he should have put it on target at least. Or he could have tried to not take the first time shot like he did if he knows that he can't put it on target. The one thing he was good at was taking those chances, that was his biggest strength.

Edited by Gol15
1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Probably none, but that isn't a good enough excuse for missing that chance. Weaker foot or not, he should be burying that chance. What are we supposed to do, not play a cross from the left just because Batshuayi can't use his left foot? His confidence may well be shot, but it's been shot for years now. If he can't pick himself up, then maybe he should just retire right now. 

Maybe he should retire, he wouldn't be at the club if it wasn't for the transfer ban, should have gone in January but this is the card Lampard has been dealt which I think is really poor by the board. Every fan could see the obvious that we needed a striker, champions league football is for the taking IMO. Problem is Giroud looked shattered at the 60th min mark in the Europa last year against part timers, I dont know the reason why Lamps plays Bats, maybe he wants some pace, a runner who can run the channels and long balls, I'm just guessing but I really dont think Giroud is much better.