Andre Onana

Jezz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Although to be honest  I cannot remember a club player, particularly a goal keeper, be so vilified, in the press, through the new medium of social media or indeed (by a lack of countering or staunchly supporting) by senior members of the club.  I can only imagine the first, post Covid, full house and Kepa throws in another soft shot from distance, and sections of the crowd start booing him or mocking him. If he is sensitive to the media, and for all we know he may be supremely confident and impervious to the cat calls, it will be like a trial in every game just waiting for him to fail woefully. Its an irony that we may have been (possibly) linked with Donnarumma who has had run ins with his home fans and we may find ourselves in a similar situation with our keeper this coming year.

I feel the issue with Kepa and the criticism he's facing isn't simply down to him having a bad season where he made a few mistakes, it's down to him having an absolutely terrible season. It would be hard to find a GK who has had worst stats than Kepa did last season

He basically let in 50% of shots that were on target last season and I think I remember reading that he conceded about 14 goals which he should be expected to save. Those are awful stats for any GK, let alone a GK who cost over 70 million and is playing at the highest level

• 4 months later...

• 2 years later...

Matt Law reporting we’re in pole position to sign him now, concerning, if Pochettino presumably hasn’t been consulted. Hopefully it’s similar to the Gavi links when Enrique was considered and there is some kind of appropriate linkage to the managers thoughts. 

• 1 month later...

Todays lucky dip rumour is that Inter would be letting us have Onana if we were to send them Koulibaly on a permanent and another year of Lukaku loan. 

Think that would be over paying personally. Koulibaly + Lukaku loan for Onanan + £15-20m seems more fair.

6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Todays lucky dip rumour is that Inter would be letting us have Onana if we were to send them Koulibaly on a permanent and another year of Lukaku loan. 

Think that would be over paying personally. Koulibaly + Lukaku loan for Onanan + £15-20m seems more fair.

They would demand atleast 40-50 mill anyway so this would be a good deal. It would be easier than negotiating a price for the player and spare us the headache of getting rid of Koulibaly by trying to find a buyer.

Edited by Nick05

3 minutes ago, Nick05 said:

They would demand atleast 40-50 mill anyway so this would be a good deal. It would be easier than negotiating a price for the player and spare us the headache of getting rid of Koulibaly by trying to find a buyer.

He's a £30m keeper imo, although i do agree it would make things easier. 

4 minutes ago, Nick05 said:

Agree with this. Presumably that is if Koulibaly would be prepared to take a drop in money.

48 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

No Pulisic in this deal? Boo hiss!

4 hours ago, Nick05 said:

well it makes sense, to do a big clear out you kill 3 birds with 1 stone 

Apparently what Inter want is 60mill euros.

They will drop that by 20mill euros if we include RLC or Chalobah.

They also want Koulibaly on loan with us covering most of his wages.

They also want Lukaku on loan with a reduced loan fee (last time 8mill euros) and for us to cover more of Roms wages.

Feels to me like all the other clubs out their believe we are run by idiots and can not only have their cake and eat it to, but also rob the till on the way out as well.

16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They also want Lukaku on loan with a reduced loan fee (last time 8mill euros) and for us to cover more of Roms wages.

Feels to me like all the other clubs out their believe we are run by idiots and can not only have their cake and eat it to, but also rob the till on the way out as well.

Surprised didn't they also ask for Enzo, Recce and Chilly on loan too. Might as well rename Inter Milan to Chelsea Freebies.

Edited by Nick05

38 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

But we are run by idiots!