Billy Gilmour

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, sonic90 said:

Seems to have given it for what he said then the tackle itself? Oh well it gives him time to rest up and avoid injury.

No, it would have benefit Gilmour and us much more if he got the minutes in. Looks like he’s only played 10 minutes and now suspended for next one. Far from ideal, he need match fitness.

At least he’ll have learnt his lesson and keep quiet next time, there’s no way he got sent off for a shoulder barge.

Just now, dansubrosa said:

No, it would have benefit Gilmour and us much more if he got the minutes in. Looks like he’s only played 10 minutes and now suspended for next one. Far from ideal, he need match fitness.

At least he’ll have learnt his lesson and keep quiet next time, there’s no way he got sent off for a shoulder barge.

Everybody has a moan at the ref when they give a decision they don't agree with. If the ref is going to send him off for that, then he must be sending players off in every game.

3 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I don't think Billy is the type to mouth off to the ref, maybe he used a swearword and he didn't like it.

As far as match fitness goes, sure he does need it but internationals are pretty notorious for getting players injured, they don't really manage a players fitness like the club that owns him does.

2 hours ago, sonic90 said:

I don't think Billy is the type to mouth off to the ref, maybe he used a swearword and he didn't like it.

As far as match fitness goes, sure he does need it but internationals are pretty notorious for getting players injured, they don't really manage a players fitness like the club that owns him does.

On the contrary I think it's excellent when a returning injured player goes to internationals first, they're basically blowing off the cobwebs for us.

Ziyech went to Morocco on the last international break and that worked out very well for us, likewise when Eden went off with Belgium in 2017.

12 hours ago, coco said:

I have never seen a player get a straight red for verbals, never.

George Best funnily enough against us at the Bridge 71 I think although he said it was aimed at a Chelsea player not at the ref. I remember at Arsenal can't remember who they were playing but a player got sent off for sarcastically clapping a ref's decision even Jimmy Hill thought it was ridiculous.

53 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

George Best funnily enough against us at the Bridge 71 I think although he said it was aimed at a Chelsea player not at the ref. I remember at Arsenal can't remember who they were playing but a player got sent off for sarcastically clapping a ref's decision even Jimmy Hill thought it was ridiculous.

There’s a story about Best getting sent off v Chelsea at the Bridge, it goes that after having been hauled down yet again he turned to remonstrate with the ref who just shock his head and waved play on.

During a later break in play he questioned refs decisions, frustrated at a non reply, Best asked the ref if he would send him off for swearing at him, “ of course I would, it’s a dismissible offence George “

Ok says Best, but if I only thought it, then you couldn’t send me off could you ?

“No George, I couldn’t”

Well in that case says George, I think your a c**t .

Best gets his marching orders !!

I so want that to be a true story but I have no idea if it is ? 

On 12/11/2020 at 18:34, dansubrosa said:

He's playing in the Papa John Trophy at Bristol Rovers this evening (6 p.m. kick off)

39 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

What the f**k is that? :laugh2:

Used to be the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, Leyland Daf Trophy etc - a cup competition for Leagues One and Two, a chance for a bit of extra income with the final being played at Wembley.  They let some Premier U-21's become involved a couple of seasons ago, although they can field a couple of overage players - hence Drinkwater playing tonight.  Gilmour has been substituted - no injury worries tonight.

• 2 weeks later...