On 09/03/2020 at 06:23, erskblue said:

Wee Pat has just been given a job as media interpreter for Billy Gilmour.

I'm sure wee Pat is delighted .

It is great for me, a mere long time Chelsea supporter from north of the border. To see a young Scottish talent breaking through.

Mate, you and me both, although I'm sure you've got me beat by a few years when it comes to following Chelsea.   Nevin and Speedie had just finished their time at Chelsea when I started following.  For me it was Clarke, Spenny, and *cough* Burley that had me hooked as a wee man.

I don't want to get too hyped about Billy GOAT, but he looks solid, and the fact he bases his game on Cesc is promising.  Long live the Billy GOAT

37 minutes ago, erskblue said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51845048

'I'm not 5ft 4in!' - Gilmour is not having his Chelsea chant

• 12 Mar 202012 Mar 2020
  • From the section Chelsea

MOTDx sends Timbsy to catch up with Chelsea wonder kid Billy Gilmour to talk about his emergence with the Blues and his favourite Scottish food.

Like the way he recommends tattie scones and a roll slice. Brilliant food. Trying to find square sausage in London is difficult. My niece's boyfriend runs a butcher. I'll have to ask him to get in some square sausage.

1 minute ago, Boyne said:

Like the way he recommends tattie scones and a roll slice. Brilliant food. Trying to find square sausage in London is difficult. My niece's boyfriend runs a butcher. I'll have to ask him to get in some square sausage.

Square sausage?

21 minutes ago, erskblue said:

My pre match meal as a kid.up here in the West of Scotland back in the late 1970s.

Before going to watch games. Not when playing in one !:biggrin:

Isn’t it what kids have as the half time snack in Scotland as opposed to an orange wedge? 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

That looks and sounds disgusting, which means it probably tastes fantastic. I'm more a black pudding gal myself, though.

Ah, black pudding. Lovely. Treated myself to a breakfast in a local cafe the other day and it included black pudding. Very nice.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Ah, black pudding. Lovely. Treated myself to a breakfast in a local cafe the other day and it included black pudding. Very nice.

Should be moist though. When in my childhood money was getting tight, my mum bought black pudding for a main. I don't know it was due to her cooking or to the butcher's way of making it, it was bonedry. Awful. I've hated it for decades after.

Edited by Valerie

7 minutes ago, erskblue said:

Billy Gilmour, you've started 'The Shed End Scottish Culinary Thread':biggrin:

One of the food stalls in the Bridge should be for Scottish cuisine. Tattie scones, square sausage and pieces with fillings of your choice.

Drink: Irn Bru and single malt whisky.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Separately or together? I used to have a thing for Morgan’s Spiced & Irn Bru in my younger years, so much so that my local landlady had to get a job lot in for one of my birthdays :rolleyes:

Separately. The only thing I add to whisky is more whisky. When I was younger I used to drink sugar loaded Irn Bru but now drink the diet version as I find sweet soft drinks too sickly.