22 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Looks like a knee injury last game, could be out for 3-4 weeks which would rule him out for the rest of our domestic campaign.

Could be back for CL though. 

Oh dear .. our midfielders are going down like flies ... someone wrap Jorginho, Mount, Barkley and RLC in cotton wool please !!!

Yeah he was injured early in the game and it was pointed out in the commentary. He was moving very awkwardly for quite a while. Fair play to him for carrying on and in hindsight it wasn’t a bad performance then.

Edited by rtwelch
☹️

The boss is here and starts with some injury news: 'Billy Gilmour has had an operation on his knee this morning and we estimate he'll be out for somewhere between three and four months unfortunately. We're all disappointed but I've spoken to him and he's a tough lad.'

24 minutes ago, fitz said:
☹️

The boss is here and starts with some injury news: 'Billy Gilmour has had an operation on his knee this morning and we estimate he'll be out for somewhere between three and four months unfortunately. We're all disappointed but I've spoken to him and he's a tough lad.'

Bloody hell, he's out longer than I had expected :sad: 

Too many injuries this season, is it just one of those things or is there more to it?

• 1 month later...

Can’t help but feel abit underwhelmed by Billy’s performances towards the end of the season. I felt Joringho was unfairly ditched and Billy wasn’t really offering too much. He had 2 exceptional games against Liverpool and Everton but apart from that, didn’t really do a lot. 

2 hours ago, JM7 said:

Can’t help but feel abit underwhelmed by Billy’s performances towards the end of the season. I felt Joringho was unfairly ditched and Billy wasn’t really offering too much. He had 2 exceptional games against Liverpool and Everton but apart from that, didn’t really do a lot. 

I'm not sure how much consistency can be expected from a teenager (not counting consistently crap of course :wink: ). He has shown what he is capable of, but it's hard to stay at a high level. He'll have to work very hard again after recovering from his injury to get significant playing time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...