• 3 weeks later...

Shows the difference a couple of months can make. Premier League level looked a step too much for him a few months back, but now, he looks ready. It reminds me of when Loftus-Cheek played when he was inexperienced. He didn't look quite ready, disappeared for a few months, put a bit of muscle on, and then returned looking ready for the Premier League.

People are already comparing him to Iniesta, but for me, he reminds me more of Modric. Iniesta was great at moving the ball, but he also had the ability to drive forward and take 3 or 4 players out of the game with skill. Gilmour plays a very similar game to Modric.

Edited by Scott Harris

What a great MOTM performance. So composed and assured and hardly put a foot wrong.

Love his attitude and it's about time we had some Scottish grit in the team.

Reminds me a lot of one of our other youngsters at a similar age. I bet a certain Josh McEachran was watching that game tonight thinking what might have been. Gilmour looks to have a bit more about him and with Lamps & Jody to help him he looks destined to go all the way.

Stand out performance tonight, really announced himself with his performance showing what he can do on a big stage in this match, brilliant to watch.

Such a talent with real potential to go far, so looking forward to seeing more from him, and love especially that he is in blue!

What a huge talent. The composure he showed among world class opponent, the decisions he made, the way he kept looking forward rather than backwards... This kid makes Jorginho look average.

Unbelievable. Never been so excited by a really young player... he’s going to the top.

Should stop with the hype a bit. Not doing the kid any favours by calling him Iniesta already. It will be a completely different game for him once teams actually start to take him seriously and when they put a man on him. 

Still, he was brilliant tonight. Hopefully he can continue against Everton. 

30 minutes ago, mm24 said:

Should stop with the hype a bit. Not doing the kid any favours by calling him Iniesta already. It will be a completely different game for him once teams actually start to take him seriously and when they put a man on him. 

Still, he was brilliant tonight. Hopefully he can continue against Everton. 

Don't be  killjoy, i said he pays like, not fecking is