Just now, dansubrosa said:

Maybe Lampard wants to save his strongest team for Leicester, which could potentially see Gilmour start?

Wishful thinking I know.

Lets all wish together and it may just happen!

Don't want to see either of Jorginho or Kovacic starting against Leicester - the optimism will be drained out of me if I do.

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Maybe Lampard wants to save his strongest team for Leicester, which could potentially see Gilmour start?

Wishful thinking I know.

The players who started against Fulham in contentious positions are the leaders. 

Azpi, Rudi, jorginho, Giroud.

He wanted the experience on the pitch. 

It's the sign for me that he feels his methods are not working. 

Gilmour should leave the club on loan. He is at the development stage of his career and he cant be lacking game time like this, especially when he's better than the midfielders we have and the manager cant pick him. 

He's wasting his world class talent here and it's sad to see

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Gilmour should leave the club on loan. He is at the development stage of his career and he cant be lacking game time like this, especially when he's better than the midfielders we have and the manager cant pick him. 

He's wasting his world class talent here and it's sad to see

Agree completely, loan to the end of the season.

these last 2 games were perfect for him to get some game time and should have started at least one of them especially with Kante unavailable. 

Just now, Brutos said:

Gilmour would have made zero difference he would simply get out muscled and bullied 

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Only way of knowing for sure is to play him now in a few games because he can't be any worse than those who have been playing recently. 

1 minute ago, Nibs said:

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Only way of knowing for sure is to play him now in a few games because he can't be any worse than those who have been playing recently. 

I have to agree with Brutos. I've been asking for Billy to play but I'm just deluding myself into thinking there's a way out of this mess. There isn't, relying on a 19 year old isn't going to help anything. The system itself isn't working, it's not just the players, it's the tactical instructions and the mentality of this squad. It's constantly sideways passing and cross, hope for the best, and when the going gets tough there's no fight there. 

Last thing you want is to have his confidence tank playing in this team I would send him on loan where he will play week in and week out and not in the Chelsea spotlight.

if we were playing teams off the park then yes Chuck him in as the chances of him tanking would be slim but in this team no way 

Edited by Brutos

What a player to mould a team around, should be playing more he already does more than current players, doesn't need a loan he's better than some ahead of him at the club, keep and play more, easy decision.

If Tuchel had already decided to send Gilmour out on loan and to re-instate Jorginho as a nailed on starter I'd be absolutely dumb-struck! If that was the case he obviously doesn't want to stay for long!