20 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hasn't travelled with the squad again for the 2nd leg of the Champion's League tie against Porto. He also didn't travel for the first leg. 

Was also excluded from the match day squad against Palace on Saturday with the bench including 3 centre forwards and 2 left backs. 

You've got to wonder what the lad has done so wrong to be completely overlooked by Tuchel, who by his own admission stopped Gilmour from leaving on loan in January. 

Since then he's made just 2 appearances since Tuchel took charge, 

Its the Tomori situation from January last year. Persuaded to stay and then doesn’t get a look in!

He said it on Chelsea TV again that now is not the time to experiment. The players who got a chance so far will also have a chance to get some minutes and Gilmour is not in that bracket. 

I know that is difficult and unfair to him but that is what Tuchel thinks. He didn't really know him beforehand and while he is technical good brave Tuchel doesnt trust him for his physic and being a youngster (few minutes under Lampard too). 

Internal pressure is building up to get top 4 and i would be surprised to see him this season again. I think it's just bad timing for Billy and i am sure he will be given a fair assessment in the summer if that means going on loan or staying in the squad we will see. 

Edited by Nevamind
1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hasn't travelled with the squad again for the 2nd leg of the Champion's League tie against Porto. He also didn't travel for the first leg. 

Was also excluded from the match day squad against Palace on Saturday with the bench including 3 centre forwards and 2 left backs. 

You've got to wonder what the lad has done so wrong to be completely overlooked by Tuchel, who by his own admission stopped Gilmour from leaving on loan in January. 

Since then he's made just 2 appearances since Tuchel took charge, 

I think its out of order the way he has ben treat by Tuchel, blocks him leaving to get game time as he wants to use him then basically puts his career on hold when he desperately needs to play after a serious injury. This could put him back quite significantly unfortunately, I wouldnt blame him for leaving and we lose a potentially excellent young player.

16 hours ago, Nevamind said:

He said it on Chelsea TV again that now is not the time to experiment. The players who got a chance so far will also have a chance to get some minutes and Gilmour is not in that bracket. 

I know that is difficult and unfair to him but that is what Tuchel thinks. He didn't really know him beforehand and while he is technical good brave Tuchel doesnt trust him for his physic and being a youngster (few minutes under Lampard too). 

Internal pressure is building up to get top 4 and i would be surprised to see him this season again. I think it's just bad timing for Billy and i am sure he will be given a fair assessment in the summer if that means going on loan or staying in the squad we will see. 

Not the time to experiment and yet he rotates the starting XI more than any other manager in the EPL. Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

Also I do not buy the too lightweight, no physical presence assessment justifying Gilmour's total exclusion. Because again there is a clear contradiction when he then selects Jorginho.

1 hour ago, just said:

Not the time to experiment and yet he rotates the starting XI more than any other manager in the EPL. Bit of a contradiction don't you think?

Also I do not buy the too lightweight, no physical presence assessment justifying Gilmour's total exclusion. Because again there is a clear contradiction when he then selects Jorginho.

Jorginho is lightweight but he reads the game well, has been a vital part of our squad for a few seasons now and has more than enough experience which can't be said about Gilmour that by the way when all said and done plays more like Kovacic since he has the skills to run with the ball which isn't something that Jorginho does. So the "experiment" would be replacing Kovacic with Gilmour or playing Kovacic a bit deeper and Tuchel isn't going to do that for whatever reason...

I'm sorry but I think he's massively overrated by some. I think he's a top talent but for the time being he's not nearly as good as Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante.

Which means he was always going to struggle to get minutes at this point in the season where every single game is a must win. While all the three beforementioned have their faults as well they have also all proved over time they can perform on the biggest stage, yes even Jorginho. 

Gilmour hasn't done that yet and unfortunately we also struggled in both games he's started under Tuchel as well which hasn't helped his chances.

1 hour ago, just said:

What i wrote is not my opinion just an observation from Tuchel and if you read a bit further i wrote he will only select players he has given a chance so far and Gilmour is not one of those players. Yes he tinkers a lot but with players he knows (from his point of view). 

54 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Regular football out on loan would have increased on chances of going to the Euros, i bet that move being stopped has pissed him off.

Is it true he wanted to go and was held back? Maybe he was convinced to get a sniff with the new manager and wanted to stick around. 

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

I'm sorry but I think he's massively overrated by some. I think he's a top talent but for the time being he's not nearly as good as Kovacic, Jorginho or Kante.

Which means he was always going to struggle to get minutes at this point in the season where every single game is a must win. While all the three beforementioned have their faults as well they have also all proved over time they can perform on the biggest stage, yes even Jorginho. 

Gilmour hasn't done that yet and unfortunately we also struggled in both games he's started under Tuchel as well which hasn't helped his chances.

Furthermore there's natural chemistry between Jorginho and Kova that Gilmour hasn't really got with the latter, so even if there was an argument that the latter was better than the former on an individual basis the superior chemistry with our best midfielder was always going to tip the scales back in the Italians favour.

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

Is it true he wanted to go and was held back? Maybe he was convinced to get a sniff with the new manager and wanted to stick around. 

Tuchel is quoted as saying he denied Gilmour the chance to go on loan as (I'm paraphrasing a little here) he wanted to put the needs of Chelsea ahead of Gilmour's personal development. 

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

People will have differing views on this but I personally believe 6 months learning under a manager like Tuchel beats 6 months playing reguarly under a manager like Bruce, you only need to look at how Conor Gallagher's performance levels have dropped under Allardyce to see what could happen if he went to an unsuitable club/manager.

If it is true that Kova is out injured, he may have a chance of getting into the rotation of the midfielders. It would be a good chance for him to show Tuchel that he can do it, though I hope that Kova is not out of the team for long.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

People will have differing views on this but I personally believe 6 months learning under a manager like Tuchel beats 6 months playing reguarly under a manager like Bruce, you only need to look at how Conor Gallagher's performance levels have dropped under Allardyce to see what could happen if he went to an unsuitable club/manager.

I agree with you there, I hope Billy doesn't leave on loan to a random mid to low table team. But, for that, he needs to get involved in the first team more than what he is at the moment. it would be good if he got to the bench and started getting minutes as a sub for now.

It'a totally understandable, and a nod at his potential too, imho that TT didn't let him out on loan since he barely knew him and wanted to see him first. If Kova turns out to be injured he might sees much more minutes than before and eventually everybody is happy he stayed in the first place.

2 hours ago, RMH said:

I agree with you there, I hope Billy doesn't leave on loan to a random mid to low table team. But, for that, he needs to get involved in the first team more than what he is at the moment. it would be good if he got to the bench and started getting minutes as a sub for now.

To be fair, a footballing team like Brighton would be an excellent loan for Gilmour. It’s clear as day Bissouma isn’t going to be there next year, he’s going to the top so there’s a vacant space for Gilmour to take up.

I’d prefer to see him get minutes here but it’s not looking likely at all with Tuchel.

2 hours ago, Argo said:

I would usually agree, but I think the big problem for Billy is he was coming of quite a bad injury and missed a lot of gametime, so he was already somewhat behind on his progress. He has since barely had a kick of competitive football so he has pretty much lost 12 months now which at his age could have a huge impact.

3 hours ago, RMH said:

.................he may have a chance of getting into the rotation of the midfielders. It would be a good chance for him to show Tuchel that he can do it.............

Don’t suppose you mean it to, but it’s massively presumptuous to assume that if BG plays, he performs at a level that makes him undropable - it could be argued that he has already had chances to show TT what he is about in some competitive matches and failed - remember the same manager sees BG every day in training and doesn’t think he’s better than the alternatives ? 

It’s a cliche but true nonetheless,  TT will be judged on results and I imagine he wants a contract extension, so the better he does the more likely RA will be to put pen to paper on a handsomely rewarding, lengthy contract, so no time to take risks, especially if he doesnt rate Billy and doesn’t see what some see ?

It's definitely odd that he wasn't included with the dev squad or 1st team. He really needs to keep playing and, honestly, he probably should've gone on loan in January. If he's playing regular first team football, he might've made the Scotland Euro squad. Huge opportunity missed and some mismanagement by Chelsea. I'm sure there are reasons for the decisions being made, but I am not seeing what those reasons might be.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

To be fair, a footballing team like Brighton would be an excellent loan for Gilmour. It’s clear as day Bissouma isn’t going to be there next year, he’s going to the top so there’s a vacant space for Gilmour to take up.

I’d prefer to see him get minutes here but it’s not looking likely at all with Tuchel.

Yep, as soon as I hit submit my comment I remembered Brighton. They are trying to play a similar type of football to us and he'd be a fit and likely a nailed on starter there.

35 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

It's definitely odd that he wasn't included with the dev squad or 1st team. He really needs to keep playing and, honestly, he probably should've gone on loan in January. If he's playing regular first team football, he might've made the Scotland Euro squad. Huge opportunity missed and some mismanagement by Chelsea. I'm sure there are reasons for the decisions being made, but I am not seeing what those reasons might be.

I think he will play in the SF against City