abramovich

Billy Gilmour

It's Billy the Kid, who will pop your lid. From a game he's never hid, even though Billy is still just a kid. Removed Liverpool from the FA he did, Billy Gilmour our Billy the Kid.

Just a little reminder to Billy to keep grounded because no matter how well he performs, I'll still be able to produce an embarrassing ditty about him.

2 minutes ago, just said:

More pace and physical presence than Jorginho?

Pace probably, but he got bullied against United aswell. He gives me Josh McEachran vibes but hopefully they're the good kind, he's still only 18, plenty of time to grow and adapt. He didn't seem one bit phased with Fabinho though, he really surprised me. 

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Pace probably, but he got bullied against United aswell. He gives me Josh McEachran vibes but hopefully they're the good kind, he's still only 18, plenty of time to grow and adapt. He didn't seem one bit phased with Fabinho though, he really surprised me. 

I think he was played in Mount's position against United so it was hard to judge.

His natural position is much deeper.

2 hours ago, mm24 said:

Should stop with the hype a bit. Not doing the kid any favours by calling him Iniesta already. It will be a completely different game for him once teams actually start to take him seriously and when they put a man on him. 

Still, he was brilliant tonight. Hopefully he can continue against Everton. 

Since the day we signed him, I have been looking forward to the day when he was ready to play against Premier League opposition, and his performance tonight was exactly why. I truly believe this kid is seriously talented.

Looks like we have a real gem of a player here. Fantastic performance tonight and he will likely have a few more opportunities in the weeks ahead. Well done Billy!

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

He was born in 2001! 

Don't. Just don't :greysweat:

What a set of players our academy is producing! The ones under 18 must be worried, not much room for them in our senior squad in the next few years.

He looks great technically but it’s also good to see him doing the ugly stuff as well and winning tackles and headers. I don’t care about his lack of size, physically he looks comparable to Dennis Wise and he wasn’t afraid to get stuck in.

He looks great technically but it’s also good to see him doing the ugly stuff as well and winning tackles and headers. I don’t care about his lack of size, physically he looks comparable to Dennis Wise and he wasn’t afraid to get stuck in.

People complained that Pulisic was too small and Pulisic is bigger than him, wonder why they complained about Pulisic I think this kid needs to bulk up because as someone said above once they figure out his game if will become alot more difficult similar to when teams started man marking Jorginho....

Seems to be everything we thought we were getting with Jorginho, can control the game just as well but actually gets stuck in with the nitty gritty and can burst forward with the ball.

8 hours ago, just said:

More pace and physical presence than Jorginho?

Jeez I thought this all game. He actually got stuck into the tackles as well.

26 minutes ago, Brutos said:

People complained that Pulisic was too small and Pulisic is bigger than him, wonder why they complained about Pulisic emoji848.pngemoji848.png I think this kid needs to bulk up because as someone said above once they figure out his game if will become alot more difficult similar to when teams started man marking Jorginho....

He'll need to improve. The video analysis is so good these days that teams will catch on. That said he does all the basics well. No doubt he can. He is only small but if he keeps biting in like he did yesterday he'll be okay in the PL.

8 hours ago, Slojo said:

He does have the Josh vibes. So we shouldn't be getting carried away but if he keeps working hard (unlike Josh) he's got all the right stuff.

Posted (edited)

You don't see players of that type too often... As Frank said, a real throwback. Can play a pass and mix it up when required. The best player in the middle by a country mile. 

Loved the way he flew into tackles, something we've sorely missed in midfield this season. 

Hoping he now gets a little run in the team given our injury/suspension issues.

Thank you Rangers and well done Chelsea.

Edited by Elliott

34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You don't see players of that type too often... As Frank said, a real throwback. Can play a pass and mix it up when required. The best player in the middle by a country mile. 

Loved the way he flew into tackles, something we've sorely missed in midfield this season. 

Hoping he now gets a little run in the team given our injury/suspension issues.

Thank you Rangers and well done Chelsea.

I hope you mean just the last game, otherwise, this is the type of hype we need to start avoiding, no need to put ridiculous expectations on an 18 year old. I remember when Jack Wilshere was having an amazing game against prime Barcelona at his age and look at him now.