What's important is basically what @Argo said, give Gilmour some more minutes e.g. vs Arsenal just so that he's more used to being in the mix because he might even get involved in the CL Final.

Forget the past, Tuchel's man management has been great and when it was really needed to rotate, Gilmour got to start and not against any team but against the best team in the league so that can be seen as a statement, that Tuchel trusts wee Billy.

This is not meant as a disparaging post, but more out of curiosity.  I know Pat Nevin was/is called Wee Pat, and see some here call Billy ‘Wee Billy’ because of his small stature and him being Scottish.  It is probably something that loses its meaning when interpreted here in the US, but the ‘Wee ___’ phrase seems so demeaning to us over here, like something an opponent’s fan base would use like ‘Fat Frank’.  I presume that is not the case and Billy likes being called that?  And did Pat Nevin like being called that? 

i am just curious, that’s all.

TT clearly told him he would get minutes when top 4 was as good as in the bag, which it is now. He is a fantastic talent and TT has not historically shied away from playing youngsters. Jorginho will leave in summer, it might be that TT has him as Nr 3 CM next year and continues his development. I remember folk shouting and roaring about Foden not going on loan to be managed by the likes of Steve Bruce or Big Sam - reality is BG will learn far more training with TT than he would going on loan. Pep’s not a bad manager and I am ok if we develop BG the same way as Foden. 

On 09/05/2021 at 23:44, Phillip said:

This is not meant as a disparaging post, but more out of curiosity.  I know Pat Nevin was/is called Wee Pat, and see some here call Billy ‘Wee Billy’ because of his small stature and him being Scottish.  It is probably something that loses its meaning when interpreted here in the US, but the ‘Wee ___’ phrase seems so demeaning to us over here, like something an opponent’s fan base would use like ‘Fat Frank’.  I presume that is not the case and Billy likes being called that?  And did Pat Nevin like being called that? 

Its just a scottish thing and a term of affection a friendly word for small... used in Scotland for years and in many different cases i.e I will just have a wee dram 

On 10/05/2021 at 00:44, Phillip said:

Scotsmen that are worshiped by the English really wouldn't care what they are called.the Scott's tend to have a bit of negative feelings (mostly just a bit of a friendly rivalry) to their english counter parts so to have the english love a scott it's like a mini victory. There is quite alot of banter that goes back and forth over the border.

I dont think he will take it as an insult unless he is very conscious of being small.

In large parts of Scotland all boys would of been called a wee lad over their whole childhood. I imagine if he grew up being called a wee lad nowadays he wouldn't even notice it.

Just like if someone was to call me a c**t

Think Gilmour is developing quite nicely and will gradually get more minutes. Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante have all suffered injuries this season and having pivots that can be on the go for the whole game is key to our style. Also its quite possible that Gilmours confidence and ability can grow a lot over the next couple of years as he gets stronger. Personally would not be loaning him but what do I know. As to whether he is a kova or a jorginho I think neither really. Kova likes to run with the ball Gilmour likes to move the ball quickly and plays at a  higher tempo than Jorginho. Still he just hasn't had near enough minutes to really talk about style.

On 09/05/2021 at 23:44, Phillip said:

Wee Eck wants to be big – Comic Art Website

On 10/05/2021 at 06:44, Phillip said:

I thought his nickname was Billy Balboa?

It is laughable to see the crap ahead of him for the Scottish national team - half of them are like a dog chasing a balloon. “Needs to be playing to be considered” - occasionally playing for one of the best teams in world football, being mentored by a top manager or turning out for St Johnstone against Cowdenbeath? I know which one I’d rather have.

9 hours ago, Wembley67 said:

It is laughable to see the crap ahead of him for the Scottish national team - half of them are like a dog chasing a balloon. “Needs to be playing to be considered” - occasionally playing for one of the best teams in world football, being mentored by a top manager or turning out for St Johnstone against Cowdenbeath? I know which one I’d rather have.

Yep, the obsession with X amount of game time is silly.

I would say Gilmour has got a lot more out of these months training with Tuchel despite limited game time than he would have got playing every week under the vast majority of PL managers.

TT will ship him out on loan and bring in a couple more midfielders. Billy is better going somewhere he can get a fair shake and play regularly. I actually think he’ll have to leave the club before he is appreciated - I could see a De Bruyne scenario coming back to haunt us.

26 minutes ago, Wembley67 said:

TT will ship him out on loan and bring in a couple more midfielders. Billy is better going somewhere he can get a fair shake and play regularly. I actually think he’ll have to leave the club before he is appreciated - I could see a De Bruyne scenario coming back to haunt us.

See if TT is even here next season.

4 hours ago, Wembley67 said:

I trust TT not to be stupid enough to blow our top 4 chances and put faith in the wrong personal.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

In what scenario wouldn't he be? Surely it's a no brained that he is.

I hope he gets next complete season but knowing our board, if we fail to make it to the CL and fail to get the FA Cup and CL, all very possible, then who is to know if the trigger is pulled. Personally, I hope he stays for at least a couple of seasons but history shows our board is not very patient.

3 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I trust TT not to be stupid enough to blow our top 4 chances and put faith in the wrong personal.

But he just did : taking Billy out leaving Jorginho on the pitch.