4 hours ago, JPH said:

But he just did : taking Billy out leaving Jorginho on the pitch. 

Billy doesn't really play the Jorginho position, we don't really have a player that sits deep part from Jorginho. So while the decision to remove Billy from the game looked strange, it would have been a bigger risk to ask him to do Jorginho's role. We clearly need a new DM.

Now that Kovacic is finally back I hope that Billy is still going to be in the mix as he has been doing fine overall.

4 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Billy doesn't really play the Jorginho position, we don't really have a player that sits deep part from Jorginho. So while the decision to remove Billy from the game looked strange, it would have been a bigger risk to ask him to do Jorginho's role. We clearly need a new DM.

Now that Kovacic is finally back I hope that Billy is still going to be in the mix as he has been doing fine overall.

TT made it abundantly clear who is the main casualty when Kova returns. It is actually the only thing he has done that I disagree with. BG, Kante and Kova should be rotating and Jorgi should be offloaded. But that won’t happen and BG will be elsewhere next season. 

2 hours ago, Wembley67 said:

TT made it abundantly clear who is the main casualty when Kova returns. It is actually the only thing he has done that I disagree with. BG, Kante and Kova should be rotating and Jorgi should be offloaded. But that won’t happen and BG will be elsewhere next season. 

There are some rumors about Tuchel wanting to sign Verratti from PSG. In that case we would have another player like Glimour, Kovacic and Kante and Billy would be the odd man out... Not sure what will happen in the summer but I fear that Gilmour will be overlooked like Tammy.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

There are some rumors about Tuchel wanting to sign Verratti from PSG. In that case we would have another player like Glimour, Kovacic and Kante and Billy would be the odd man out... Not sure what will happen in the summer but I fear that Gilmour will be overlooked like Tammy.

Oh I hope not. Verratti is just a poor mans Dennis Wise.

15 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Gilmour is the best passer of the ball in the squad. Looks to me like he might also have the best first touch, Havertz, Pulisic and Mount give him some competition on that front though.

Some of his passes, and attempted passes, in the first half against Arsenal were Fabregas / Pirlo like in their vision and execution. For the first time this season we actually looked capable of breaking down a team who sat deep with numbers behind the ball and that was mostly down to Gilmour's passing and creativity.

The downside to Billy will probably always be his size and physicality, but that never stopped players such as Fabregas, Zola etc. Get a DM such as Rice or, (and this would be my choice), Yves Bissouma, and Jorginho becomes completely redundant IMO.

6 hours ago, just said:

Gilmour is the best passer of the ball in the squad. Looks to me like he might also have the best first touch, Havertz, Pulisic and Mount give him some competition on that front though.

Some of his passes, and attempted passes, in the first half against Arsenal were Fabregas / Pirlo like in their vision and execution. For the first time this season we actually looked capable of breaking down a team who sat deep with numbers behind the ball and that was mostly down to Gilmour's passing and creativity.

The downside to Billy will probably always be his size and physicality, but that never stopped players such as Fabregas, Zola etc. Get a DM such as Rice or, (and this would be my choice), Yves Bissouma, and Jorginho becomes completely redundant IMO.

Billy won't have the space to play if Tuchel gets to sign Verratti. Jorginho will still have a role when a new DM comes if he stays in the team simply because there must be some rotations going throughout the season, be it Rice or Ndidi.

I don't understand why would Tuchel want Verratti when we already have 3 short midfielders playing that role, Gilmour, Kovacic and Kante.

15 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Billy won't have the space to play if Tuchel gets to sign Verratti. Jorginho will still have a role when a new DM comes if he stays in the team simply because there must be some rotations going throughout the season, be it Rice or Ndidi.

I don't understand why would Tuchel want Verratti when we already have 3 short midfielders playing that role, Gilmour, Kovacic and Kante.

Wont have to worry about that. Good chance TT is gone in the summer imo.

Sounds like Gilmour might be on loan next season. Cant remember where I see it, but Tuchel was talking about we will see whats best in the summer. 

I really hope he isnt blaming him for that Arsenal defeat or thinks hes not up to it. Gilmour was definitely one of the only brightsparks in that match.

I heard something quite bizarre from a mate of mine who works for Man City. The rumour doing the rounds there is that they have agreed a sell on fee/percentage with Norwich for BG. Norwich will loan him next season with an option to buy, which they will exercise and sell onto City within 12 months. Apparently Pep wants him and Foden in his midfield but knows we won’t sell him to them. Probably a load of bollocks but my mate has been reliable about a few things in the past. Even if it’s not true, it’s a diverting tale.

Kante, kova are injury prone. We need Gilmour and another pivot. In Tuchel system this season the pivots are just about the most important players on the team. 

there is plenty of space for Billy if he’s good enough. 

19 hours ago, Wembley67 said:

I heard something quite bizarre from a mate of mine who works for Man City. The rumour doing the rounds there is that they have agreed a sell on fee/percentage with Norwich for BG. Norwich will loan him next season with an option to buy, which they will exercise and sell onto City within 12 months. Apparently Pep wants him and Foden in his midfield but knows we won’t sell him to them. Probably a load of bollocks but my mate has been reliable about a few things in the past. Even if it’s not true, it’s a diverting tale.

TBH it's got the same air of believability as those rumours about Pep once wanting Jorginho.

• 3 weeks later...
52 mins

From bbc sport.

Luxembourg 0-1 Scotland. 

‘Billy Gilmour is strutting around like a seasoned international veteran, demanding the ball from the defence and spraying passes around. Everything is coming through him at the moment.’    

He’s just come on at half time!😀

38 minutes ago, erskblue said:
52 mins

From bbc sport.

Luxembourg 0-1 Scotland. 

‘Billy Gilmour is strutting around like a seasoned international veteran, demanding the ball from the defence and spraying passes around. Everything is coming through him at the moment.’    

He’s just come on at half time!😀

Horrendous tackle on him forced a substitution though😲