Billy Gilmour

abramovich

Gutted that he is not given the chance to prove himself with us. I don't understand why Tuchel doesn't trust him to stay in the first team, especially as we are short in midfielders with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic.

Anyway, good luck! I hope he gets to play most games, that Norwich do not go to a defensive mode to save their PL chances, and that he gets back next season and stays to be a starting midfielder.

Posted (edited)

Good luck to the youngster. Really hop this loan doesn't turn into a waste as it has for so many for Chelsea in the past. But, from what I've heard about the style Norwich City play, it sounds like it could be a really really fruitful loan move for all parties involved. 

Edited by chiefBlueCFC

5 hours ago, RMH said:

Gutted that he is not given the chance to prove himself with us. I don't understand why Tuchel doesn't trust him to stay in the first team, especially as we are short in midfielders with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic.

Anyway, good luck! I hope he gets to play most games, that Norwich do not go to a defensive mode to save their PL chances, and that he gets back next season and stays to be a starting midfielder.

Only thing I can think that we are fairly sure of bringing someone else in otherwise why loan him out or we look very silly with the number of games we play and inevitable injuries.

8 minutes ago, goose said:

Only thing I can think that we are fairly sure of bringing someone else in otherwise why loan him out or we look very silly with the number of games we play and inevitable injuries.

We are quite well stocked already for potential back up midfielders. Any of this lot could fill in sporadically as the 4th choice central midfielder.

• Loftus-Cheek
  • Barkley
  • Gallagher
  • Ampadu
  • Bakayoko
  • Drinkwater
  • Baker
  • Bate

41 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

We are quite well stocked already for potential back up midfielders. Any of this lot could fill in sporadically as the 4th choice central midfielder.

• Loftus-Cheek
  • Barkley
  • Gallagher
  • Ampadu
  • Bakayoko
  • Drinkwater
  • Baker
  • Bate

From my perspective, none of these names are as good as Billy Gilmour. I was excited about Ampadu, did like him when he played for us in the cup, his loans haven’t worked out very well. RLC has not lived up to his potential. Gallagher is even rawer than Billy, the rest etc…

1 hour ago, Sexyfootball said:

• Loftus-Cheek
  • Barkley
  • Gallagher
  • Ampadu
  • Bakayoko
  • Drinkwater
  • Baker
  • Bate

Out of the 8 you list I think atm  only LC, Barkley and Ampadu could maybe fill in for a match or two but I think that we need 4 quality players to cover the 3 positions as I expect we will play 60 odd matches this season. 
That’s why I think that maybe we have someone lined up and the reason Billy went out on loan.

10 hours ago, goose said:

Out of the 8 you list I think atm  only LC, Barkley and Ampadu could maybe fill in for a match or two but I think that we need 4 quality players to cover the 3 positions as I expect we will play 60 odd matches this season. 
That’s why I think that maybe we have someone lined up and the reason Billy went out on loan.

We played 59 games last season, and Billy got 8 starts (including Krasnodar in the 6th CL group game, and Morecambe, Luton, Barnsley and Sheffield United in the FA Cup) and 3 sub appearances (39 minutes) as the 4th central midfielder. That's what we are looking to cover, and I'll be surprised if we spend a load of money on someone for that amount of game time, in those sorts of fixtures, especially when we already have 8 options on the books. My money would be on Gallagher.

Billy's Game Time:

image.png.60a93f8843ad6ddd31be97adb1230611.png

6 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We played 59 games last season, and Billy got 8 starts (including Krasnodar in the 6th CL group game, and Morecambe, Luton, Barnsley and Sheffield United in the FA Cup) and 3 sub appearances (39 minutes) as the 4th central midfielder. That's what we are looking to cover, and I'll be surprised if we spend a load of money on someone for that amount of game time, in those sorts of fixtures, especially when we already have 8 options on the books. My money would be on Gallagher.

Billy's Game Time:

image.png.60a93f8843ad6ddd31be97adb1230611.png

Yep, 3 for 2 places is a good balance in terms of distributing minutes, 4 for 2 always leaves one short of game time. Although that said i would still rather Gilmour had that role if the alternative was sending him to a unsuited manager but thankfully we've found a really good one that suits him down to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Good  Premier League debut for Norwich today. Did the simple stuff well, looked to be running in treacle a little when chasing Mane back for the second goal but this is to be expected as he gets used to the intensity of regular first team football. 

Isn't Billy such a footballers name? Whenever I think about him Billy Dane comes to mind.

Billy given the ‘Chelsea rentboy’ treatment yesterday - seems like it’s finally being condemned after decades of over looking it. 

The most ridiculous bordering on hilarious thing to come of this is the history boys themselves forgetting the roots of the chant and trying to claim it’s because we loan out loads of young players. That’s a load of bullsh*t and they know it!