Welcome Hakim Ziyech

• 2 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Not ready for the squad yet but called up for international duty. Hopefully they don't rush him as i'm sure he's a key player for Morocco. Only friendlies though

That's actually good news for us, Morocco will effectively be doing the hard part (building up his match fitness) for us.

He's basically getting a pre season!

Said is many times but we have no one who can see and make these passes. He is special even in the Premier League. Players like Grealish and Maddison have similar qualities. 

In a game you have 5-10 chances to make that crucial pass and it has to be just right. Ziyech puts it right 7/10 times. Probably the average in the league is 2/10. Just my simple maths based on nothing but you get the picture. It takes so much less work of scoring in a game. We probably did the most work last season to score a goal. That automatically takes away from defending as well. Players are exhausted and demoralised for not scoring and opponents feel they have been given a lifeline. Ziyech will change all this. 

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Which selections?

Similar to the discussion we had following Liverpool and WBA.  I know we agree to disagree and not looking to resurface that debate in this thread.  The selections/items that come to mind include:

- Early season selection of Kepa (knowing he was dropped at back end of last season)
- Mount in LW or RW
- Kai playing RW, Striker, LW in early games, before being moved to his natural/best position
- Werner playing LW to accommodate Tammy
- Not playing a winger (Odoi) and forcing midfielders out wide 
- My general feeling that Chelsea did not prepare to the best of their ability - availability and fitness were concerns
- I read that Lampard had used 25 players to date following the Spurs game.  IMO the best sides have a settle spine and system

Anyway, that's that, and hope ChiefBlue is not correct.  Cant wait to see Ziyech play!

9 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Similar to the discussion we had following Liverpool and WBA.  I know we agree to disagree and not looking to resurface that debate in this thread.  The selections/items that come to mind include:

- Early season selection of Kepa (knowing he was dropped at back end of last season)
- Mount in LW or RW
- Kai playing RW, Striker, LW in early games, before being moved to his natural/best position
- My general feeling that Chelsea did not prepare to the best of their ability - availability and fitness were concerns
- I read that Lampard had used 25 players to date following the Spurs game.  IMO the best sides have a settle spine and system

Anyway, that's that, and hope ChiefBlue is not correct.  Cant wait to see Ziyech play!

i have to imagine Odoi wasn´t training well during the first weeks so he decided not to start him, and that´s why he used kai, werner and mount as the wingers since pulisic and ziyech were injured

10 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

- Mount in LW or RW

So your evidence is a list of payers that were all played in their actual positions, amazing.

11 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

- Mount in LW or RW

Some valid points but generally too harsh and selective. i also have my concern with some of Frank's decisions but:

1) Frank was most likely forced to play Kepa

2) and 3) is actually one point. The complaint was that Mount is taking Kai's position except for Brighton away where RLC and his trash performance stole the show. 

4) On Werner and Abraham I agree 100%. Tammy shouldn't be anywhere near the starting position. I will go further and say that he hasn't won the privilege to start over Giroud especially with the way the Frenchman ended the last season but...

5) Don't act like CHO is giving something special. He has his moments but that's what is all about. Moments. He played his usual game for a lot of time this season to conclude that he'll  spend most of the season on the bench if Ziyech and Pulisic are healthy. 

6) fitness and condition - that doesn't have anything to do with Frank. There is huge medical staff, conditional team, fitness coaches. It is also a player's personal responsibility to stay fit and healthy. How do you  imagine a head coach looking for 25 men and their fitness condition, eating and drinking habits, endurance etc... he only gets the final production.

7) most of the players we bought him were injured what spine are you talking about?