Jump to content

Welcome Hakim Ziyech


Recommended Posts

Just now, Dean said:

Fair response. I guess what irks me is a lot of fans seem to take a lot for granted and some of the comments I’ve seen have seemed a bit disrespectful. We’re incredibly lucky that Chelsea gets to replace a player like Willian with a player like Ziyech when many teams (including the Chelseas  of yore) couldn’t even dream of having a player like Willian.

I agree but 7-8 years of Willian on the right always stuck between dribbling, shooting and passing before eventually passing it backwards or always hitting the first man on corners will do that to a you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

I agree but 7-8 years of Willian on the right always stuck between dribbling, shooting and passing before eventually passing it backwards or always hitting the first man on corners will do that to a you.

He did score some crackers too and much more. But I think we should just agree to disagree and get back to discussing Ziyech or I’m guilty of the same 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dean said:

He did score some crackers too and much more. But I think we should just agree to disagree and get back to discussing Ziyech or I’m guilty of the same 🙂 

He did have the technique to do outrageous things but he rarely has the willingness to do so.

Yeah, let's agree to disagree. Willian is Arsenal's problem now anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deino said:

He did have the technique to do outrageous things but he rarely has the willingness to do so.

Yeah, let's agree to disagree. Willian is Arsenal's problem now anyways.

Your last sentence is very sensible and I agree with it wholeheartedly . Willian v Ziyech is basically redundant by now. Ziyech vs de Bruyne - now that would be a more relevant discussion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MayosNoun! said:

Instead of continuously moaning on the internet about football fans being a) spoilt or b) like kids at Christmas. 
 

It’s not the first time you’ve weirdly used this on this forum. It’s strange. 
 

Fans will always compare players, that’s the nature of football. The Messi v Ronaldo debate proves this. Therefore it is no surprise or weird coincidence that fans will highlight the improvement Ziyech provides over Willian considering they played in the same position. 
 

Saying Ziyech is a massive improvement over Willian doesn’t take away the impact Willian had on some occasions. It’s just a weird thing to complain about but that’s all you seem to do on here. 

Maybe learn how to engage like an adult? You missed my point completely (this was never about not comparing players) and then you resort to baseless and false accusations about what I get up to on here and on the Internet generally. But I have a hard rule not to engage with idiots so you won’t be hearing from me much more on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Really excited about Ziyech. Knew he was good and can put in great deliveries but if yesterday is anything to go by, he is some player and could be our real game-changer.

This squad of ours is starting to take shape VERY nicely, so much so that you start to think anything is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

Maybe learn how to engage like an adult? You missed my point completely (this was never about not comparing players) and then you resort to baseless and false accusations about what I get up to on here and on the Internet generally. But I have a hard rule not to engage with idiots so you won’t be hearing from me much more on here.

You were in the Kovacic thread saying the same, moaning about fans being like spoilt kids at Christmas. 
 

Then sobbed uncontrollably about engagement like an idiot whilst throwing out insults. Good grief, what a crybaby. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Wow. Really excited about Ziyech. Knew he was good and can put in great deliveries but if yesterday is anything to go by, he is some player and could be our real game-changer.

This squad of ours is starting to take shape VERY nicely, so much so that you start to think anything is possible.

I’m the same. It’s hard not to get excited about this team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MayosNoun! said:

You were in the Kovacic thread saying the same, moaning about fans being like spoilt kids at Christmas. 
 

Then sobbed uncontrollably about engagement like an idiot whilst throwing out insults. Good grief, what a crybaby. 

Flattered that you take such an interest in me. You must have an exciting life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/11/2020 at 19:55, STATS said:

I know Havertz is starting to look really good, but it is interesting, I was having a chat with friends and I said despite more hype around Havertz, I reckon Ziyech will adjust quicker and I said people are not going to know what hit them and early days but he looks sensational. His left food is something else. He will be challenging KDB for assists I reckon. Really and truly the best assist of the match which will never be, beause Werner hit it wide was the lofted pass that Ziyech did for him. That deserved a goal and another assist for Ziyech. Top player. £32m or £33m, around there. Call that bargain of the season.

Don't forget, Havertz is a lot younger. With Havertz his price tag also came with his age and potential. Ziyech is 27 and already an established player who was bossing the Champions League and the Dutch league. 

So it's likely Ziyech will adjust a lot quicker than Havertz who's still learning his trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Deino said:

I agree but 7-8 years of Willian on the right always stuck between dribbling, shooting and passing before eventually passing it backwards or always hitting the first man on corners will do that to a you.

saw yesterday's arsenal match .. this guy is a 2x upgrade on Willian.. Willian was getting slaughtered on Arsenal Mania.. was a good servant for us..felt bad for him.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Slojo said:

Don't forget, Havertz is a lot younger. With Havertz his price tag also came with his age and potential. Ziyech is 27 and already an established player who was bossing the Champions League and the Dutch league. 

So it's likely Ziyech will adjust a lot quicker than Havertz who's still learning his trade. 

Yep, part of reason why I thought Ziyech would adapt quicker. I mean even generally, I remember when I have seen people's verdicts at start of the season and I was shocked when people did not include Ziyech. But like I say, I am sure that will soon change. We got him for a steal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's sad that all the time Hazard was with us we struggled to find him a equivalent level opposite sided winger and he spent majority of his time with us having Willian as his attacking partner, the first summer window (we are able to buy players) after he leaves we bring in Ziyech.

The great thing about Ziyech is that he addresses 3 problems for us, one being creativity, 2nd with him being left footed he opens other channels for us and thirdly his ability to play on the right wing which has been a problem position for us in the last decade. 

Absolute bargain at 37m especially considering he is in his prime right now and we haven't just invested in potential like majority of our recent first team squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

It's sad that all the time Hazard was with us we struggled to find him a equivalent level opposite sided winger and he spent majority of his time with us having Willian as his attacking partner, the first summer window (we are able to buy players) after he leaves we bring in Ziyech.

The great thing about Ziyech is that he addresses 3 problems for us, one being creativity, 2nd with him being left footed he opens other channels for us and thirdly his ability to play on the right wing which has been a problem position for us in the last decade. 

Absolute bargain at 37m especially considering he is in his prime right now and we haven't just invested in potential like majority of our recent first team squad.

It's a bit sad that we didn't went in for him sooner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

It's sad that all the time Hazard was with us we struggled to find him a equivalent level opposite sided winger and he spent majority of his time with us having Willian as his attacking partner, the first summer window (we are able to buy players) after he leaves we bring in Ziyech.

The great thing about Ziyech is that he addresses 3 problems for us, one being creativity, 2nd with him being left footed he opens other channels for us and thirdly his ability to play on the right wing which has been a problem position for us in the last decade. 

Absolute bargain at 37m especially considering he is in his prime right now and we haven't just invested in potential like majority of our recent first team squad.

The only time Hazard really had a great footballer to play with in attack was Pedro in 2017. He could also only really link up with the likes of Giroud and Eto'o, who I felt he had great performances with as strikers. Costa just wasn't good with his back to goal or outside of the box, likewise with Morata. Oh and of course Mata was great for him in his first season here, forgot about that. 

That's why I'm so excited for this team right now, I feel if we can keep Pulisic fit, we really do have a great attacking threat here. 

Edited by Slojo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slojo said:

The only time Hazard really had a great footballer to play with in attack was Pedro in 2017. He could also only really link up with the likes of Giroud and Eto'o, who I felt he had great performances with as strikers. Costa just wasn't good with his back to goal or outside of the box, likewise with Morata. Oh and of course Mata was great for him in his first season here, forgot about that. 

That's why I'm so excited for this team right now, I feel if we can keep Pulisic fit, we really do have a great attacking threat here. 

Oscar linked up with him too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Deino said:

It's a bit sad that we didn't went in for him sooner. 

It's surprising that no one did. He would have been a fantastic addition to Arsenal, Man United, Tottenham's squads, any team in Italy. For 35m I question whether we were actually the only team that went in for him or whether we privately won the race. 

Because everyone knew he was quality, it was a no brainer signing. No one was saying "can Ziyech cut it in the PL". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think he was used as too much of a workhorse to close the space in the middle of the park so Hazard and the others could flourish.

Yet around the box I thought he linked up well.

 

He was fecking brilliant at that. An underappreciated part of his game imo.

He was a very good player, who unfortunately had inconsistency issues. I see Mount as sort of an Oscar light. They have a similar profile, only that Oscar was a bit better at most of the attacking stuff (dribbling, shooting, link up play, better pace) and Mount is a bit better at the defensive aspect of the game (more disciplined positionally, but then again Oscar was never asked to play as an 8).

But if you look at their profile they're actually very similar players.

Edited by True Blue23
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, True Blue23 said:

He was fecking brilliant at that. Very good player, who unfortunately had inconsistency issues. I see Mount sort of an Oscar light. They have a similar profile, only that Oscar was a bit better at most of the attacking stuff (dribbling, shooting, link up play, netter pace) and Mount is a bit better at the defensive aspect of the game (more disciplined positionally, but then again Oscar was never asked to play as an 8).

But if you look at their profile they're actually very similar players.

I didn't think of the Mount comparison, one more thing about Oscar was he scored with some brilliant freekicks too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!