Welcome Hakim Ziyech

4 hours ago, PloKoon13 said:

Could be the next Mo Salah then!

Guardian are reporting that the deal is agreed for €40m plus add-ons; BBC reporting that we're in "advanced talks" for £38m.

Well hopefully the end product not the same fate.

Did well absolutely everywhere he went except with us, why I don’t know but, brilliant at Basil, at Roma, florentina and now at Liverpool, still doesn’t make me as bitter as KDB however. 

Lots of positives to take from this:

- He is another source of goals and assists in the starting XI (this theoretically replaces Pedro's role);

- The transfer fee seems reasonable for a player of his quality and standing - it is also somewhat of a statement of intent;

- We were patient in getting our man - we didn't make the mistake of previous transfer windows in signing a mediocre alternative when we couldn't immediately get the first choice (see: Zappacosta, Drinkwater, etc.);

- He already has previous of scoring belters against Tottenham; 

- He fits into our glorious recent tradition of signing players who score against us.

Possibly the most significant thing of all is that pretty much every source on this has reported that Ziyech is someone Lampard really wants, that Lampard was the driving force behind the transfer. It suggests that we are actually listening to the gaffer, and giving him the tools he tells the board he requires. It's almost like we thought this one through... must just be a coincidence. 

I remember the two games he played against us, just whipping in those dangerous crosses, one of them flied past like 4 defenders and made it a tap in, we desperately need qualities like that. He's been good for a couple of seasons now, reckon for once we are getting a player in prime without costing an arm and leg. It would have been great if we signed him last month, but there are probably valid reasons for the "failure"

Very pleased with this, even though it's not official until i see him with the Chelsea shirt. For his quality, age and experience 38 mill is peanuts. Absolute bargain of a deal, and he is pretty much a player we need. He can score and he can assist which is more important for a player in his role. Excellent overall, these are the kind of signings we should be making to strengthen this team further, no more signing dead weight. Either we need them or not, promote kids if we are short for cover on certain positions simple.

Edited by TrueBlueBIH
1 hour ago, PloKoon13 said:

Lots of positives to take from this:

- He is another source of goals and assists in the starting XI (this theoretically replaces Pedro's role);

- The transfer fee seems reasonable for a player of his quality and standing - it is also somewhat of a statement of intent;

- We were patient in getting our man - we didn't make the mistake of previous transfer windows in signing a mediocre alternative when we couldn't immediately get the first choice (see: Zappacosta, Drinkwater, etc.);

- He already has previous of scoring belters against Tottenham; 

- He fits into our glorious recent tradition of signing players who score against us.

Possibly the most significant thing of all is that pretty much every source on this has reported that Ziyech is someone Lampard really wants, that Lampard was the driving force behind the transfer. It suggests that we are actually listening to the gaffer, and giving him the tools he tells the board he requires. It's almost like we thought this one through... must just be a coincidence. 

The bolded bit to me is the most important part, and possibly will quieten down some of the more erm.. vociferous complainers who seem to think everyone at the club are completely inept and basically dont bother with scouting.

He looks like a real quality signing but I'm wondering why he's still in Holland when he's nearly 27. If anyone can think of a real top quality player who was playing in Holland at 27 let me know. It just seems odd.

One thing's for sure, coming to the PL from the Dutch league at 27 will be a huge test for him, not just in terms of quality but also pace and physicality. Ajax could play their B team and still steamroller most of the teams they face.

I know he's produced in the CL and he looks a real quality signing, but playing in the PL week-in week-out poses its own, and very different challenges.

Having watched a vid or two of him since yesterday he really reminds me of Mahrez. His shots, his free-kicks, his passes, his dummies, his feints, his skills, all remind me of Mahrez, plus the fact of course he's a left-footer which we really need. Mahrez has produced in the toughest league in the world however. 

Excited by this signing. Genuine skill, vision, ability, creativity and an attacking edge that we sorely lack. Let's just hope he can produce all that in England.

6 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

He looks like a real quality signing but I'm wondering why he's still in Holland when he's nearly 27. If anyone can think of a real top quality player who was playing in Holland at 27 let me know. It just seems odd.

One thing's for sure, coming to the PL from the Dutch league at 27 will be a huge test for him, not just in terms of quality but also pace and physicality. Ajax could play their B team and still steamroller most of the teams they face.

I know he's produced in the CL and he looks a real quality signing, but playing in the PL week-in week-out poses its own, and very different challenges.

Having watched a vid or two of him since yesterday he really reminds me of Mahrez. His shots, his free-kicks, his passes, his dummies, his feints, his skills, all remind me of Mahrez, plus the fact of course he's a left-footer which we really need. Mahrez has produced in the toughest league in the world however. 

Excited by this signing. Genuine skill, vision, ability, creativity and an attacking edge that we sorely lack. Let's just hope he can produce all that in England.

I am excited too. His crossing ability looks excellent. Our first Moroccan player too I believe?