Welcome Hakim Ziyech

I Am Gay 4 Diegod

He scored 2 out of his 5 goals this season against Man City, somehow he's able to do well against them.

Not sure if he's happy with his role as a bench player most of the time, I think he thought that Lampard will be playing him in a 4-3-3, in that formation he shined for Ajax.

Every time he plays half arsed, his tendency to score goals increases. 

The only forward besides Mount who actually tries to shoot from outside the box!

10 hours ago, Phillip said:

Sorry, I misread his post, Ashwin.  But isn’t Mason a midfielder?

Pretty far advanced I would say, spends most of his time in the opposition 3rd. Recently he's been played largely in the very fluid front 3.

He's still a frustrating player to watch, from the general lack of urgency and wasting chances in the final third. But, he has quality, undoubtedly, there was no chance anyone saving that shot

On 08/05/2021 at 21:37, jack_super_class said:

He was actually frustrating me before his goal. Always seems to look for the hollywood pass and his laid back demeanour doesn't help sometimes.

I think we need someone like him in our lineup who will look to take on that "Hollywood" Pass every once in a while, we've got too many players who like to keep things simple and safe. I agree at times his demeanor appears lackadaisical and his passing might seem careless but against teams such as City where they will play a high line and you need someone to play the perfect ball in behind I would back him to do that.

In the game on the weekend he did play a beautiful pass into Werner who could've taken it on mid stride and his pace would've set him off but Werner didn't anticipate the ball into him and lost control, I think those things will improve as the players play together a lot more.   

One decent pass or cross every 100 minutes just isn't cutting it for me.

Physically and mentally weak imo.

Maybe it's the wrong league or the wrong formation to get the best out of him, but seems more suited to a slower more open Champions League match rather than a fast paced English match.

Not impressed with him at all. Weak and easily knocked off the ball. Prefer him coming off the bench rather than starting as when he starts his lacklustre displays set the tone and he's just not contributing enough.

On 10/05/2021 at 16:40, Imran_CFC said:

I think we need someone like him in our lineup who will look to take on that "Hollywood" Pass every once in a while, we've got too many players who like to keep things simple and safe. I agree at times his demeanor appears lackadaisical and his passing might seem careless but against teams such as City where they will play a high line and you need someone to play the perfect ball in behind I would back him to do that.

In the game on the weekend he did play a beautiful pass into Werner who could've taken it on mid stride and his pace would've set him off but Werner didn't anticipate the ball into him and lost control, I think those things will improve as the players play together a lot more.   

The problem with that is his hollywood passes never seem to work. I agree with you that you need that type of player, if it worked once every 10 times i dont mind it. But they are always over hit or something like that.

I'd be inclined to sell him this summer. We've got Mount, Pulisic, Werner, CHO for those attacking positions, maybe Havertz as well. We don't really need him. We'd be better off getting some money back and signing a striker who can score goals.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds as though Chelsea have already decided that Ziyech is surplus to requirements. One website has him "officially" on the transfer list. We knew that there would be an exodus in this window, but I thought that we would have given Ziyech longer to prove himself.

For what its worth, the players I think are DEFINITELY on their way is as follows;

Drinkwater, Emerson, Alonso, Zouma, Blackman, Keppa, Caballero, Ampadu, Tomori, Zappacosta, Barkley, RLC, Van Ginkel, Batshuayi, Rahman, Hudson-Odoi, Bakayoko. I reckon that this lot should bring in circa £235million, so more than enough to strengthen the squad with the 3/4 players that TT wants without parting with a single penny.

22 minutes ago, coombsie said:

It sounds as though Chelsea have already decided that Ziyech is surplus to requirements. One website has him "officially" on the transfer list. We knew that there would be an exodus in this window, but I thought that we would have given Ziyech longer to prove himself.

For what its worth, the players I think are DEFINITELY on their way is as follows;

Drinkwater, Emerson, Alonso, Zouma, Blackman, Keppa, Caballero, Ampadu, Tomori, Zappacosta, Barkley, RLC, Van Ginkel, Batshuayi, Rahman, Hudson-Odoi, Bakayoko. I reckon that this lot should bring in circa £235million, so more than enough to strengthen the squad with the 3/4 players that TT wants without parting with a single penny.

This isn't FIFa, we're not going to make 235 million pounds off of sales, especially in these COVID times. Alonso and Zouma I would keep as back ups, Caballero and van Ginkel have already been released and Ampadu is probably going to be loaned out again.

The players we can realistically sell for noteworthy sums are Abraham, Barkley, RLC, Kepa, Bakayoko, CHO (but I don't think the club is looking to sell him), Tomori and Ziyech. But due to disagreements on transfer sums, wages etc we're not going to be able to sell all of them and are going to end up loaning out quite a few of these players. I'd be happy if we made north of 100 million pounds off of player sales. 

14 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

The players we can realistically sell for noteworthy sums are Abraham, Barkley, RLC, Kepa, Bakayoko, CHO (but I don't think the club is looking to sell him), Tomori and Ziyech

Even with most of these the biggest issue is that other clubs don't want to match the salary they earn here.

Was a report in Italy this morning that AC Milan want Ziyech but need it to be on loan and that we cover a part of his wage.

As far as I'm concerned we shouldn't even entertain loan offers for a 28 year old starter in most competitive teams. If they want him they need to meet our asking price unless it's a loan with obligation to buy. Now we spent between £35-40m on him. Since then he has won the UCL with us so surely his price is at best 5m more because why would we accept a loss on him?

Now I can only see a move if TT deems him surplus, the board have said we don't need him or Hakim himself has told them he wants more regular football and wants to go. In all fairness he does need more football than we have been giving him and I'd love to see him actually get more game time and stay for at least another season.

Sadly we can't always have our way, as far as I'm concerned €50m should be his value.