Welcome Hakim Ziyech

I Am Gay 4 Diegod

17 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

As far as I'm concerned we shouldn't even entertain loan offers for a 28 year old starter in most competitive teams. If they want him they need to meet our asking price unless it's a loan with obligation to buy. Now we spent between £35-40m on him. Since then he has won the UCL with us so surely his price is at best 5m more because why would we accept a loss on him?

Now I can only see a move if TT deems him surplus, the board have said we don't need him or Hakim himself has told them he wants more regular football and wants to go. In all fairness he does need more football than we have been giving him and I'd love to see him actually get more game time and stay for at least another season.

Sadly we can't always have our way, as far as I'm concerned €50m should be his value.

Take whatever anyone will stump up for him and I’ll pay his bus fare 🚌

With the right additions, Roman is on the verge of building a top quality management team and playing squad for the next 5+ years that can challenge for multiple PL and CL titles and whilst he may not have had a fair go at it and it may well be the ‘wrong’ set up for his particular skill set, but he’s piss poor attitude, sulky behaviour and general ‘can’t be arsed’ demeanour is cancerous and needs cutting out as soon as possible for fear that he infects and upsets some of the squad - imo.

Not a chance we make a profit on him. If he goes, it'll be €25 million with add-ons. Might make back what we bought him for if he performs. 

He's been pretty woeful for the most part. Not a particularly very likeable player either. Wouldn't be fussed if we sold him. 

50 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

As far as I'm concerned we shouldn't even entertain loan offers for a 28 year old starter in most competitive teams. If they want him they need to meet our asking price unless it's a loan with obligation to buy. Now we spent between £35-40m on him. Since then he has won the UCL with us so surely his price is at best 5m more because why would we accept a loss on him?

Now I can only see a move if TT deems him surplus, the board have said we don't need him or Hakim himself has told them he wants more regular football and wants to go. In all fairness he does need more football than we have been giving him and I'd love to see him actually get more game time and stay for at least another season.

Sadly we can't always have our way, as far as I'm concerned €50m should be his value.

Kepa has also won the CL, so according to your logic we shouldn't accept a loss on him either? I know Ziyech has played more than Kepa, but he still wasn't a key player in our CL campaign. He definetely contributed (especially that 1:0 in the second leg against Atletico was important) but in the final run in he found himself on the bench more often than not. His legaue form was nothing special either, so there's no way he's worth €50 million right now.

16 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

This isn't FIFa, we're not going to make 235 million pounds off of sales, especially in these COVID times. Alonso and Zouma I would keep as back ups, Caballero and van Ginkel have already been released and Ampadu is probably going to be loaned out again.

The players we can realistically sell for noteworthy sums are Abraham, Barkley, RLC, Kepa, Bakayoko, CHO (but I don't think the club is looking to sell him), Tomori and Ziyech. But due to disagreements on transfer sums, wages etc we're not going to be able to sell all of them and are going to end up loaning out quite a few of these players. I'd be happy if we made north of 100 million pounds off of player sales. 

Drinkwater £5m, Emerson  £15m, Alonso £10m, Zouma £25m, Blackman £5m, Keppa £30m, Caballero  FREE, Ampadu £10m, Tomori £25m, Zappacosta £5m, Barkley £15m, RLC £20m, Van Ginkel FREE, Batshuayi £10m, Rahman £5m, Hudson-Odoi £40m, Bakayoko £10m.  I still think that these prices are realistic and it comes to £230m. It wont be easy, but we have Marina negotiating for us.

2 hours ago, coombsie said:

Drinkwater £5m, Emerson  £15m, Alonso £10m, Zouma £25m, Blackman £5m, Keppa £30m, Caballero  FREE, Ampadu £10m, Tomori £25m, Zappacosta £5m, Barkley £15m, RLC £20m, Van Ginkel FREE, Batshuayi £10m, Rahman £5m, Hudson-Odoi £40m, Bakayoko £10m.  I still think that these prices are realistic and it comes to £230m. It wont be easy, but we have Marina negotiating for us.

If we sell Zouma and Alonso we are short in those areas, so we would need to buy back up players and would end up needing more than the 3 top signings Tuchel reportedly wants. And how many of these players would have already been on your list last season or the season before? It's not that easy because 3 parties have to be happy with the deal. Both clubs and the players have to agree, so you're never going to have a summer where you are able to sell all of your "deadwood" unless you sell them extraordinarily cheap. If you also take into consideration that most clubs outside of England have serious financial struggles right now due to COVID, it gets even less likely.

We would have sold Drinkwater 3 summers ago if it were possible, but due to his wages it's hard so we keep loaning him.

We would have sold Emerson last summer already but due to COVID we didn't get our asking price. But we might get it done this summer for 10-15 million.

We're never going to get 5 million for Blackman.

Which club needs a goalkeeper and has the funds to pay 30 million pounds for our second choice GK? On top of that Kepa earns quite a lot and the new club would have to pay his wages or he would have to be ready to take a hefty pay cut -> totally unrealistic. I think a loan would be a good option. It gives him the chance to play regularly and raise his market value again.

I doubt Ampadu is going to be sold. Don't think we've given up on him yet.

Barkley, Bakayoko and RLC we might be able to sell for your listed fee, but again we've been trying to sell Bakayoko for at least two summers now and never got our asking price...

I doubt that anybody is ready to pay 10 million for Bats and 5 million for Baba.

CHO we would be able to sell for 30 to 40 million but I doubt that we are looking to sell right now. Could be a possibility though if we get the right offer.

On top of that I'm almost certain that Giroud and Abraham are on their way out and they could get us maybe 30 to 40 million pounds combined (5 for Giroud, the rest for Tammy). And I could imagine that we're looking to sell Ziyech which might bring us another 25 million. But then we'd have to either keep CHO with the squad or buy another player for depth.

Edited by True Blue23

1 hour ago, True Blue23 said:

If we sell Zouma and Alonso we are short in those areas, so we would need to buy back up players and would end up needing more than the 3 top signings Tuchel reportedly wants. And how many of these players would have already been on your list last season or the season before? It's not that easy because 3 parties have to be happy with the deal. Both clubs and the players have to agree, so you're never going to have a summer where you are able to sell all of your "deadwood" unless you sell them extraordinarily cheap. If you also take into consideration that most clubs outside of England have serious financial struggles right now due to COVID, it gets even less likely.

We would have sold Drinkwater 3 summers ago if it were possible, but due to his wages it's hard so we keep loaning him.

We would have sold Emerson last summer already but due to COVID we didn't get our asking price. But we might get it done this summer for 10-15 million.

We're never going to get 5 million for Blackman.

Which club needs a goalkeeper and has the funds to pay 30 million pounds for our second choice GK? On top of that Kepa earns quite a lot and the new club would have to pay his wages or he would have to be ready to take a hefty pay cut -> totally unrealistic. I think a loan would be a good option. It gives him the chance to play regularly and raise his market value again.

I doubt Ampadu is going to be sold. Don't think we've given up on him yet.

Barkley, Bakayoko and RLC we might be able to sell for your listed fee, but again we've been trying to sell Bakayoko for at least two summers now and never got our asking price...

I doubt that anybody is ready to pay 10 million for Bats and 5 million for Baba.

CHO we would be able to sell for 30 to 40 million but I doubt that we are looking to sell right now. Could be a possibility though if we get the right offer.

On top of that I'm almost certain that Giroud and Abraham are on their way out and they could get us maybe 30 to 40 million pounds combined (5 for Giroud, the rest for Tammy). And I could imagine that we're looking to sell Ziyech which might bring us another 25 million. But then we'd have to either keep CHO with the squad or buy another player for depth.

Apparently, Blackman has already been released with Van Ginkel too. I cant argue with the rest of your assumptions 😉

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.thesportreview.com/2021/07/fabrizio-romano-chelsea-fc-not-considering-selling-28-year-old/

Good news lads, I know a few were underwhelmed by him last season but like Kai I feel like he is a hardworking off the ball it just doesn't look like it when you see his body language and facial expressions. He does love this club and I think getting another season out of him is the minimum we should expect. 

Winning UCL in your first season at a club is very nice. I think he deserves our respect and support, he popped up with a few important goals throughout the season. He also looked very good, as did the team when he first returned from injury. 

Let's hope Milan go for Coutinho who they are being linked with and don't try and unsettle him. The main issue for Hakim is whether he'll get play time. If we sign a striker then it depends whether we stick with 3atb.

If we don't I think he will see more game time than last season, we have more players that can play either though the middle or wing back that are also forwards which means one of the positions behind the striker or in a 3 man midfield could be his.

• 4 weeks later...

Was excellent against Arsenal in that friendly. He did everything he is good at. Should have probably scored his chance but you have to give some credit to Arsenal defenders in the end. We have lacked that precise killer ball since Cesc and Ziyech has similar strengths. Really hoping he stays fit. 

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Was excellent against Arsenal in that friendly. He did everything he is good at. Should have probably scored his chance but you have to give some credit to Arsenal defenders in the end. We have lacked that precise killer ball since Cesc and Ziyech has similar strengths. Really hoping he stays fit. 

Personally I expect we end up talking about him in the same bracket as Zappacosta, Barkley, Batman etc. Another poor signing that we take a hit on.

On 10/06/2021 at 12:01, Hessleboink said:

Not a chance we make a profit on him. If he goes, it'll be €25 million with add-ons. Might make back what we bought him for if he performs. 

He's been pretty woeful for the most part. Not a particularly very likeable player either. Wouldn't be fussed if we sold him. 

I don't understand the hate. He certainly has done more than Werner & pulisic. 

Ziyech has not been given a chance really if you ask me, he got injured than found himself on the bench. He has an amazing left foot creates chances for Werner who simply can't convert. 

Give the man a chance.

Moved ahead of Werner in the pecking order in my eyes. Id start Pulisic Havertz and Ziyech upfront on form. Although Werner has not actually looked too bad either. 

I’m absolutely gutted for him, he’s been in amazing form since the start of pre-season and is the last player who deserves to be starting another season out injured. 
Dan McCarthy said on Twitter that it’s not looking good which has me worried, such a shame and typical our standout player would get injured just before the season begins!

I think Ziyech doesn't get enough credit here. He is the most creative outlet we have. You can see he is an artist and when an artist is in tune they do something beautiful. He doesn't care if a move doesn't work he sees an opportunity and takes it. We absolutely need that. 

Trying to find an update on what the injury actually is.  I assume a dislocated shoulder but I can't find anything to confirm that.

Only thing I found was apparently Tuchel said the injury was "serious".  So it sounds like he will be out for a while.  

Ok so I did some searching and there is a doctor who did a youtube clip on it.  

Long story short, probably a form of shoulder dislocation . . . return time depends heavily on severity.  A minor dislocation he says he could be back in 10 days.  If it's major and requires surgery . . . 6 months.  YIKES

It would be really great if it was minor but I don't get that feeling.  

Edited by Valpo

1 hour ago, Valpo said:

Ok so I did some searching and there is a doctor who did a youtube clip on it.  

Long story short, probably a form of shoulder dislocation . . . return time depends heavily on severity.  A minor dislocation he says he could be back in 10 days.  If it's major and requires surgery . . . 6 months.  YIKES

It would be really great if it was minor but I don't get that feeling.  

Really Sad for him. Looked amazing in pre-season.

28 minutes ago, Evenflow20 said:

Really Sad for him. Looked amazing in pre-season.

I guess it just depends on how bad the damage is.  I'm guessing they have to do scans or xrays to determine that.  

On 02/08/2021 at 15:30, evissy said:

So much for hoping:/

On 13/08/2021 at 12:20, Amputechture said:

If we're lucky he might only be out for about a fortnight, according to Tuchel.

That would be good. 

Really feel he was going to shine this year based on his pre-season form.