Welcome Hakim Ziyech

I Am Gay 4 Diegod

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Pulisic is maybe better than Ziyech but he hasn't been good since Tuchel arrive 

That is on the manager though; he isn’t suited to the two behind the striker, and he tend to play him on the right.

Yet another underwhelming performance from Ziyech. 

More hit and hope crosses that don't seem intended for anyone in particular. 

More softly struck shots that even I would feel confident of saving. 

You get the occasional flash of skill from him sandwiched between longer stretches ineffectiveness. 

How long do you wait for him to start actually producing the goods? 

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yet another underwhelming performance from Ziyech. 

More hit and hope crosses that don't seem intended for anyone in particular. 

More softly struck shots that even I would feel confident of saving. 

You get the occasional flash of skill from him sandwiched between longer stretches ineffectiveness. 

How long do you wait for him to start actually producing the goods? 

I thought he was going to be like Mata, but Mata actually looked more physically capable, and his end product and influence was more consistent. 

I wonder if he's more suited for our international matches. Havertz and Werner both struggled with the physicality of the English football but both accustomed themselves, by different means, to it and kind of arrived. Ziyech didn't and I don't see much improvement either - great pre-season or not.

59 minutes ago, big blue said:

I thought he was going to be like Mata, but Mata actually looked more physically capable, and his end product and influence was more consistent. 

Physically mata was awful as well but technically it is not even close. 

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

That is on the manager though; he isn’t suited to the two behind the striker, and he tend to play him on the right.

You are right but we are not going to change our system for puli so it is what it is

Last 5 starts he has been utter dogsh*t tbh. Surely he has to drop down the pecking order now, there are no bright moments to cling to, he isnt even on set pieces anymore. 

Hudson Odoi deserves minutes behind the striker, because everyone else has been terrible, bar mount who isnt even impressing as much so far this season.

Havertz offers slightly more, but again, its getting to the point now where you have to start seeing some performances, amd since the international break, he hasnt been good enough.

Im seeing so many negatives with the 3atb system, maybe its time to switch it up, and see if having more attack minded players on the pitch can actually make us a decent watch. If we are being honest, the football hasnt been great for the majority of games this season.

It's getting to the point where we have to say he is stealing a living. It's unfortunate to be out of form, but it can be fixed with enough effort, I am not seeing the effort from Ziyech. He has got to be dropped, not just from the first 11, but from the squad as well. 

Edited by Scott Harris

If he was trying things and they weren't quite coming off I wouldn't mind so much but most of the time he receives the ball he's just playing a 5 yard backwards pass to whoever gave it to him in the first place. 

Have a shot, try to beat your man, cross it... Just do something! 

Ziyech needs to be better no doubt however he is always looking for the goal. This is something many of our players lack. Before he came to Chelsea he was brilliant at making goals with good efficiency. You can see Tuchel wants him to press like Mount. He is doing that very well I think. I wouldn't be overly critical of him to be honest. 

I would be much more worried about Chilwell. Against Juve he was 10 times worse than Alonso before him. You can't pass to Chilwell's left leg to make a straight cross. He always turns around and passes back.

12 hours ago, General said:

this is not a trick Q who is a  better winger  Jasper Gronkajer or this lad ? 

answers on a postcard please !

Ziyech has 25 Premier League appearances. 2 goals and 3 assists, so one goal contribution ever 5 appearances. 

Gronkjaer has 88 Premier League appearances. 7 goals and 13 assists which is a goal contribution every 4.4 games. 

So in answer to your question...

Jesper Gronkjaer – Premier League Archive

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Ziyech has 25 Premier League appearances. 2 goals and 3 assists, so one goal contribution ever 5 appearances. 

Gronkjaer has 88 Premier League appearances. 7 goals and 13 assists which is a goal contribution every 4.4 games. 

So in answer to your question...

Jesper Gronkjaer – Premier League Archive

Gronkjaer scored one of the most important goals in the clubs history too…

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Getting off lightly here.....

Missed the game squad due to having a bloody HEADACHE!

Madness!

Not that he would have got any minutes anyway!

Can't think of a worse player to have on the pitch in that last 25 minute onslaught than Ziyech.

Think his days with us are numbered.................

Edited by Nibs