coco

Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sat 22nd Feb 12:30 GMT

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Honestly I'm not a fan of this system against low block sides, but in the big games I agree. I forgot who we played but I remember we jumped straight back to the back 4 after the 3 at the back was becoming piss poor against the lower sides. 

We need to go back to the system we were playing with before December, and I think we will now Kante is out, I think we'll start winning again and have a good run of form. Excluding the other competitions because I'm not very confident against Bayern.  

I think the problem last time was that Alonso was out Injured and Frank decided to stick with the formation, I actually wouldn't mind playing with 3 at the back if we've got James & Alonso available as Wingbacks even against a low block. 

6 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

NOW PETER WALTON IS SAYING HE GOT IT WRONG!! HAHAHHAHHA, Jesus Christ you actually couldn’t make this up 😂😂😂

They checked for Giroud's hand offside, but skipped over Lo Celso red card. 

Just now, Imran_CFC said:

I think the problem last time was that Alonso was out Injured and Frank decided to stick with the formation, I actually wouldn't mind playing with 3 at the back if we've got James & Alonso available as Wingbacks even against a low block. 

Possibly, but it's better to have to have two wide players an extra player man in midfield who joins the attack I think. But the stats certainly argue in favour of it, Alonso's win % says a lot. 

1 minute ago, Imran_CFC said:

3 at the back suits our current squad personally and we should stick to that for the remainder of the season.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

They checked for Giroud's hand offside, but skipped over Lo Celso red card. 

Was Lo Celso also the one who kicked Mount and they didn't even bother checking it? That was completely swept under the carpet, dirty bastard, he knew what he was doing. 

2 minutes ago, coco said:

VAR needs a friend, lets help him out, everyone makes mistakes, the hardest part is taking account for your errors, so fair play for that.

I bet they've owned up to it thinking, I wonder what would piss the Chelsea faithful off further than not giving the Red, oh yh let's let em know that we did it intentionally and they can do f**k all about it. 

Honestly I'm not a fan of this system against low block sides, but in the big games I agree. I forgot who we played but I remember we jumped straight back to the back 4 after the 3 at the back was becoming piss poor against the lower sides. 

We need to go back to the system we were playing with before December, and I think we will now Kante is out, I think we'll start winning again and have a good run of form. Excluding the other competitions because I'm not very confident against Bayern.  

This system can work against low block because it's overloads the wings and quick switch of play and balls in the should get us in behind and it also gives us cover against the counter attack

4 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

3 at the back suits our current squad personally and we should stick to that for the remainder of the season.

I think we should too for the majority of the season, the odd match back to 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1

There is a weakness with 3 CBs and we almost got done in the first when Alonso was back in the 3 and they played-in Moura outside and he outpaced Alonso only to overhit it, another striker might have scored.

The question for me though if Alonso was in the back 3 who else was missing?

1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Last time we played well we beat Spuds, and then played crap for 2 months. No repeat, please.

Ok - here’s a more ‘glass-half full’ take on historical patterns, specifically some eerie symmetry with last season. The nadir of our season last year (for me) was the loss to Man U at home in the fa cup. All seemed lost. Zappacosta! Then we played tottenham at home soon after, won it amid plenty of doom and gloom, and it turned out to be a mini-watershed. Was pretty much bang on the same time of year. Let’s repeat that but with some interest. 

Everybody happy ? Great performance and a very flattering scoreline for them,VAR needed for a tackle like that ? ,piss off ! Time for a good few sherberts,altogether now" We hate Tottenham",UP THE CHELS !

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Told you I had it in my GUT we would win, but man we make it difficult for ourselves

You got a good gut! I was just going to write you about that. 

I’ve said this from day one and will say it again . What an absolute howler by the Spuds powers-that-be appointing Mourinho😂.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Full praise for every single player today everyone put in a shift that was needed.

Full praise for Lampard also he got his tactics correct this is what I want to see from match to match play to your strengths and not to what you think your strengths are.

Eveytime we play this system it works every single time so why doesn't he play it more?

The rules are only a back four is allowed except you are italian then a back three is also an option. 

Not but really why not more often?