Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sat 22nd Feb 12:30 GMT

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Honestly I'm not a fan of this system against low block sides, but in the big games I agree. I forgot who we played but I remember we jumped straight back to the back 4 after the 3 at the back was becoming piss poor against the lower sides. 

You mean the Arsenal game where Emerson was taken off bc he was so bad as a WB and then we switched to a back four and won?

I don't think it was the system that failed. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Honestly I'm not a fan of this system against low block sides, but in the big games I agree. I forgot who we played but I remember we jumped straight back to the back 4 after the 3 at the back was becoming piss poor against the lower sides. 

We need to go back to the system we were playing with before December, and I think we will now Kante is out, I think we'll start winning again and have a good run of form. Excluding the other competitions because I'm not very confident against Bayern.  

I get what you mean but our wingers are totally out of form with no goals or assists . We also had pulisic in great form but right now we are stuck with an out of form willian and CHO. I say we should stick to the wing back system. At least Alonso and James are a threat on the wings compared to our wingers.

Another positive of the 3421 is that Kante is forced to be a defensive midfielder and not a headless 🐔

Not Taking Anything Away From The Performance From Us, But Have A Listen To Garth Crooks Talking About VAR And The Refs On The BBC Sport Website, He's 100% Right About The Refs These Days

Haven't Got The Bottle To Make A Decision For Themselves

Not Taking Anything Away From The Performance From Us, But Have A Listen To Garth Crooks Talking About VAR And The Refs On The BBC Sport Website, He's 100% Right About The Refs These Days
Haven't Got The Bottle To Make A Decision For Themselves
As I corrected myself earlier it's the people behind the technology that's seems to be the problem
55 minutes ago, big blue said:

foul wasnt given but he wont face retrospective action because it was reviewed at the time. Even if they got it wrong. Unbelievable stuff really. 

The unbelievable thing is that in addition to the incompetence of the video official, both the match referee, the 4th official (who is right there) and the linesman also seemed to have missed it ... and Jose needs some f**king glasses as he apparently didn't see it from all of 2 yards away ... maybe he had his eyes shut ...

image.png.4495397061572299019726908cca534e.png

4 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

The unbelievable thing is that in addition to the incompetence of the video official, both the match referee, the 4th official (who is right there) and the linesman also seemed to have missed it ... and Jose needs some f**king glasses as he apparently didn't see it from all of 2 yards away ... maybe he had his eyes shut ...

image.png.4495397061572299019726908cca534e.png

Mourinho was being loyal to brand Tottenham, he wants all his players available.

It looks a red card and I mean you have to give it but I’m not convinced he did it on purpose, it looks like he wanted to do a drag back, then again the balls a yard away from azpis shin...hard to know the intent but point is meant it or not it’s a leg breaker he has to see red 

Thought Mount was brilliant today. Looking more himself now. Made a brilliant assist against United which was ruled out because of the margin error bullsh*t with VAR. Also today done that fantastic burst of run and made that pass for Abraham which should have gone in. People have been writing him off in recent weeks. Hopefully people give him some credit now. Reece James again looks so dominant. Love watching him.

Words can't describe how angry I would have got if Spurs equalized. Would of been criminal with Le Celso staying on the pitch. Farce. 

That David Coote (the VAR decision maker) should be sacked and never be able to analyze a game again. Shocking. The fact that even the officials at Stockley Park had to make a statement to say the decision was wrong is a first. Awful; awful decision and you have to beg the question... did he not recommend a red because he wanted an exciting game or he has some other ulterior motive. Never seen such a shocking decision with VAR.

Glenn Hoddle is absolute biased twat as well. I don't think he should be allowed to commentate on Spurs games. He is extremely biased. Can't believe he defender Le Celso not being sent off and saying it was accidental. Funny that when his co-pundit announced that officials from Stockley Park got it wrong, he stayed quiet on the matter. Idiot.

Anyway happy for the 3 points. Big, big win.

1 minute ago, charierre said:

Didn't see the match,in Lisbon. Just seen result. How did we play? Any highlights anywhere?

if you checkout the thread, the details are there - from the lovely goals to the dirty spud challenges - all in this thread - even there a video or two from the gaffer about the performance

Edited by robdog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51512519

Alonso top scoring defender - the stats

• Frank Lampard's Chelsea are the first team to defeat a side managed by Jose Mourinho both home and away in a single league season.
  • Chelsea have won three consecutive home games against Spurs in all competitions for the first time since a run of seven between October 1996 and March 2002.
  • Tottenham have won just one of their past 34 away games against Chelsea in all competitions (D11 L22), a 3-1 win in April 2018.:biggrin:
  • Chelsea have won more points in Premier League London derby matches than any other team, with the Blues taking 461 points.
  • Tottenham have conceded two or more goals in 10 Premier League away games this season - their highest such tally in a single campaign since 2008-09 (11).
  • Since he joined Chelsea in 2016, Marcos Alonso has more goals (17) and goal involvements (28 - 17 goals, 11 assists) than any other defender in the Premier League, with three of these goals coming against Spurs.
  • No Premier League side has scored more own goals this season than Chelsea (3 - level with Watford).