coco

Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sat 22nd Feb 12:30 GMT

15 hours ago, enigma said:

There was a stat earlier about Spurs win % being low when Son and Kane have missed games. I thought to myself, you just know these f**king stats come back to bite us on the ass.

The only game they've both missed this season (not counting domestic cups) is the midweek game against Leipzig. So I suppose that's technically true...

Stunningly enough, since Son joined Tottenham in 2015, there have only been five league/European games in which neither Kane nor Son have featured for Tottenham:

2019/20

CL: RB Leipzig (H) L 0-1

2018/19

PL: Fulham (H) W 2-1

PL: Everton (H) D 2-2

CL: Ajax (H) L 0-1

2015/16

EL: Fiorentina (H) W 3-0

So if we are to extrapolate from this meaningless collection of data - they've won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2. Win rate 40%.

Pochettino's win rate across his time at Tottenham was 54.3%, José's is currently 52.4%. So yes, I suppose technically the stat is true.

From a purely superstitious perspective I would have been tempted not to start Caballero today.

Glad to see a back three, Alonso, Giroud, Abraham/RLC on the bench.

But:

No Willian???

Tomori banished from the squad?

What the f**k is lampard smoking. starting caballero again. Everyone and their mother knows that kepa is a better goalie than caballero.. i think this would have been a good game to ease kepa back in with Munich coming up in midweek. Not optimistic about our upcoming matches

Just now, The Don Antonio said:

What the f**k is lampard smoking. starting caballero again. Everyone and their mother knows that kepa is a better goalie than caballero.. i think this would have been a good game to ease kepa back in with Munich coming up in midweek. Not optimistic about our upcoming matches

It's more of a statement than anything, I don't trust Caballero at the back either but Kepa has been crap this season. 

Looks like Tottenham are set up similarly (although looking more like a 5-4-1 than ours):

--------------------------------------Lloris

Tanganga-----Sanchez----Alderweireld----Vertonghen-----Davies

------Bergwijn-----------Winks-------Ndombelé------Lo Celso

------------------------------------Moura

Bats not even on the bench, I hadn't expected that. So Abraham to lead our attack when Giroud runs out of steam in the 20th minute. And no Willian either.

New name this season in that Loftus-Cheek fella :yay:

Edited by Valerie

It's more of a statement than anything, I don't trust Caballero at the back either but Kepa has been crap this season. 
Making such statements is just not professional.