coco

Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL) Tues 25th Feb 20:00 GMT

Just now, carrickblue said:

when you look at the club's CL performance since the win in 2012, it's really a sad story of under-performing. almost as if that win was the pinnacle and turning point of Roman's ambition for the club.

in all honesty, we're probably better suited to the Europa League.

To be fair, that CL win was full of fortune for us. We missed out before then though, admittedly.

1 minute ago, SFL82 said:

Germans singing you’re sh*t and you know you are...lovely and they are right 

just f**k off already

Not really surprised we have been totally outclassed. Sadly it’s the most average Chelsea team since the 90s. Slow and cumbersome in attack, soft in midfield and disorganised at the back. Just shows all the bullsh*t propaganda about the Prem being the ‘best league in the world’ is bollocks. 3 English teams now in danger of getting their arses handed to them before the quarter finals.

11 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Don't you think you're overreacting? This was always going to be a huge ask to get anything out of tonight. We are a side rebuilding, have injuries in key areas and we are playing against the current best team in the competition. Getting anything out this tie was always going to be a major shock.

No tbh we are better than a 3 nil hammering at home, Liverpool out then out we have played Liverpool twice since then and played our game, we dominated play.

We were nervous never had a go and stupid errors we could have done better much better, I understand we aren’t at the level that this is a given but I was hoping for a better go at it than this 

I just hope this game doesn't have too much of an impact domestically, we've got a good run of fixtures that we should be winning now. 

1 minute ago, cRyptic said:

First time watching Davies, he has been an absolute beast this game.

He was a stand out in the MLS. He was actually a winger in the MLS and Canada, Bayern converted him into a LB. He's rapidly becoming a world class LB.

Bayern got a steal for $22M US. I am sure he'll cost at least 5x that in a few years.

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

I said to my wife earlier that we'd lose 3 or 4 nil tonight

starting to worry about the aggregate score - could be embarrassing 

At this point we may as well as well put out some of the fringe players in the second leg and focus on the league.