Bournemouth v Chelsea (PL) Sat 29th Feb 15:00 GMT

coco

Just not good enough, for about 88 minutes we looked decent, then 2 minutes we conceded 2 goals. In the end, we had to rely on a Left back to bail us out. Who ever is playing as the striker is not doing enough, it's time to play Alonso up front if we have another game tomorrow. The line up is somewhat confusing too, Tomori hasn't played for few weeks and all the sudden he's getting a start, Willian just not getting start but came on everytime we are in trouble. Caballero hasn't been bad up to this game, but everyone knew his limitations, and he's been conceding 2 a goal, so is Kepa really that bad in training that he doesn't get a game from now on? If Cabellero is dropped next game, is it another statement of GK makes mistakes, get dropped the next game. To the players' credit, we didn't stop and got a draw in the end, but looked like we lost the ability to even win on the road now.

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Just not good enough, for about 88 minutes we looked decent, then 2 minutes we conceded 2 goals. In the end, we had to rely on a Left back to bail us out. Who ever is playing as the striker is not doing enough, it's time to play Alonso up front if we have another game tomorrow. The line up is somewhat confusing too, Tomori hasn't played for few weeks and all the sudden he's getting a start, Willian just not getting start but came on everytime we are in trouble. Caballero hasn't been bad up to this game, but everyone knew his limitations, and he's been conceding 2 a goal, so is Kepa really that bad in training that he doesn't get a game from now on? If Cabellero is dropped next game, is it another statement of GK makes mistakes, get dropped the next game. To the players' credit, we didn't stop and got a draw in the end, but looked like we lost the ability to even win on the road now.

We have an injury crisis with attacking players, defenders I agree we have options yet there are no stand-out performers.

Willy has been somewhat better than Kepa for me yet we are still conceding.

Willian has contract negotiations ongoing and they think this might affect his head in the game so he is a last throw of the dice.

Since 2017, Bornemouth have become a bogey team for us, they have beaten us home and away. 

Alonso is probably successful up-front because he is not a forward player, he ghosts into positions unmarked yet don't think he would work as an outright forward player.

I've been ok with the Jorginho deep lying playmaker experiment, but I think its time to give the defence some help and stick Kante back in at defensive midfield.  We don't have a pair of centre backs that can keep a clean sheet regularly and that's not going to change this season, but we do have the best defensive midfielder in the world why not use him.  When he's fit Frank needs to stick him in his best position and tighten up our defence, we've conceded too many preventable goals.  On the up side we are 1 point closer to 3rd.

On 29/02/2020 at 17:29, Davey Baby said:

None of our CBs are too hot, that's why Frank is still undecided on his best two. That's why Frank has started playing three, to make us more secure, but nothing works. In this scenario we have to realise the importance of corners and set pieces. They make the difference in games like today. We can't score from a million corners, they get a few and score from one. Play your best two in the air. It's a no-brainer.

Well, Frank went with this today and I hope he sticks with it going forward. Whatever we do we're not great defensively, in which case you have to play your strongest two in the air, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Well, Frank went with this today and I hope he sticks with it going forward. Whatever we do we're not great defensively, in which case you have to play your strongest two in the air, in my opinion.

I thought they worked well together not perfect yet did ok and like you say in the air looked strong.

Archived