Remaining PL games

Jezz
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

United looking really impressive, might struggle to keep up with them.

Leicester still not convincing and have some tricky fixtures.

Wolves are dark horses, they have a few tricky games left aswell.

I was more confident this time last week, but i still think we will have enough to finish 4th, but we cant afford to slip up in these next 4 games.

On 02/07/2020 at 10:14, Strider6003 said:

I think we will get 8 points from those last 4

Utd probably get 8 too

Leicester probably 8 too

Wolves 5.

I see this going to the wire, disappointed with last night though West Ham often pull the rabbit out of the hat against us. 

Wolves the only ones to drop points today, us Utd and Leicester win so we are still 4th two points above Utd, 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

They just score at will. Take that away and they are not all that.

You realise they have one of the best defenses in the league? They've conceded like 6 in their last 15 with 10 clean sheets or something....

5 down, 5 to go.

• Everton (H) = Won
  • Aston Villa (A) = Won
  • Manchester City (H) = Won
  • West Ham United (A) = Loss
  • Watford (H) = Won
  • Crystal Palace (A)
  • Sheffield United (A)
  • Norwich City (H)
  • Liverpool (A)
  • Wolves (H)

Ladder:

• 3. Leicester City = 58 (+32) - Next match is Arsenal away
  • 4. Chelsea = 57 (+16) - Next match is Crystal Palace away
  • 5. Manchester United = 55 (+23) - Next match is Aston Villa away
  • 6. Wolves = 52 (+9) - Next match is Sheffield United away

If we can get through the next 2 games unscathed, it just be enough to get top 4. 

The tricky one though will be Liverpool away. Assuming we lose that one and United win, we might be out. But then if Leicester keep dropping points, we might be safe. 

Interestingly, Leicester have: Bournemouth (A)

Sheffield United (h)

Spurs (A)

United (H)

Thats a tough couple of games. They need to be winning Bournemouth and Sheffield United if they have any chance of top 4. 

6 minutes ago, JM7 said:

If we can get through the next 2 games unscathed, it just be enough to get top 4. 

The tricky one though will be Liverpool away. Assuming we lose that one and United win, we might be out. But then if Leicester keep dropping points, we might be safe. 

Top four is ours and Uniteds for the taking, Leicester would be f**ked without their keeper!

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Interestingly, Leicester have: 

Bournemouth (A)

Sheffield United (h)

Spurs (A)

United (H)

Whereas we have:

Sheff United (A)

Norwich (H)

Liverpool (A)

Wolves (H)

Next weekend is key imo. If we can win at the blades then I would fancy we could at least get the same number of points as the foxes in the last 3 games.

Edited by axman2526

Let's assume United win their next game. Then:

Us - 60
Foxes - 59
Utd - 58

If they manage to not drop any points until the final round:

Foxes - 68
Utd - 67

For the final game, different outcomes: 1 - 71, 68 X: 69, 68, 2: 68, 70.

So in conclusion, if we manage to win three out of our remaining games we get top 4 whatever our opponents do.

United are due a few bad results, lets not forget OGS had them on a winning streak last season before the wheels came off.

Fernandes has been a massive influence on their run of form though.

Edited by Malcolm9

2 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

United are due a few bad results, lets not forget OGS had them on a winning streak last season before the wheels came off.

Fernandes has been a massive influence on their run of form though.

I've been saying for a while, before and after the break, that United's form is not reflective of their actual ability and that they'll start slipping up soon, but... from what I can see it doesnt look that way. They're defensively still poor but they are devastating going forward at the moment. Even Greenwood is knocking them in for fun at the minute. Doesn't bode well for our Cup tie!

Think we should get top 4 though, probably 4th behind United in 3rd if I'm honest. They have a very easy run in. Leicester have the toughest run in and are in the worst form out of us 3 so can't see them hanging on. A win at the weekend would pretty much guarantee top 4 in my eyes, but we know we have a slip up in us!

Very relieved to have overcome Palace. They made us earn that win.

United are in the best form out of us, them and Leicester, but I'm always hoping they'll slip up at some point.

Leicester's definitely the weak link and have been since Christmas.

Wolves lost so that is them gone from the top 4 race. I was worried about them and given we still have to play them, they should be on their holidays by then. 

Yeah like others have said, if we can get past Sheffield United then we should have enough. Still fancy United to drop points in a game. If they do, it will likely put them 4th.